You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Slice
Active

LORD THIS HARSH IS AH BIG TING HERE

I fell into it this evening.  as ah was doing me daily walk today, ah saw ah bunch ah folks walking and later they gather in one spot.  Ah mean two and maybe three hours later, folks was still walking.  This thing is extremely diverse.  Young, old, black, white indian, toot moon all kinda folks.

I honestly think ah saw about 500 folks.  The route was very close to me house.  I also saw Brian.

One day ah go join them.  Plenty woman in that ting.

#2 Jul 28, 2018 9:19 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: LORD THIS HARSH IS AH BIG TING HERE

Oh you mean Hash lol! Yeah it's huge in Greenz, never went on one though. Something about drinking beer from your sweaty track shoe just doesn't do it for me lol. Mind you, looks like fun:

GHHH.jpg

Last edited by New Historian (Jul 28, 2018 9:22 pm)

#3 Jul 29, 2018 7:28 am

Slice
Active

It just looks like fun, and ah KEWL way to get your exercise in.  OHHO it is hash.  Thanks for the correction.

#4 Jul 30, 2018 4:11 pm

GMW
Active

Slice wrote:

Plenty woman in that ting.

Oh lord.

I did a hash Sunday morning too. No beer in dirty washikong tho. Try it you may like it. wink

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cor … pe-2103490

#5 Jul 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Expat
Active

GMW wrote:
Slice wrote:

Oh lord.

I did a hash Sunday morning too. No beer in dirty washikong tho. Try it you may like it. wink

Why they have to spoil almost every meal with CHEESE.... I hate cooked cheese!!!!!!!!!

It might be my obsession, but it seems to be a catering obsession in Grenada. Almost every meal has cheese in it. I even had a board Christmas time lunch and asked for spag bol. So it arrives..... With the cheese already on it and cooked. Where I come from the cheese is added at the table if you want it. The meal went back, and I had to watch everybody else eat while I waited for another meal.

#6 Jul 31, 2018 7:20 am

GMW
Active

Expat wrote:
GMW wrote:
Slice wrote:

Oh lord.

Why they have to spoil almost every meal with CHEESE.... I hate cooked cheese!!!!!!!!!

It might be my obsession, but it seems to be a catering obsession in Grenada. Almost every meal has cheese in it. I even had a board Christmas time lunch and asked for spag bol. So it arrives..... With the cheese already on it and cooked. Where I come from the cheese is added at the table if you want it. The meal went back, and I had to watch everybody else eat while I waited for another meal.

No cheese? Then you must really despise macaroni pie.

The real authentic hash recipes has no cheese tho. It's more like:
2-3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
2-3 cups finely chopped, cooked corned beef
2-3 cups chopped cooked potatoes, preferably Yukon gold
Salt and pepper
Chopped fresh parsley

U can use corn beef in the can. Although ah hear these day what's in that can is very questionable.

#7 Jul 31, 2018 8:05 am

Slice
Active

It is almost impossible for me to eat in Greenz.  Unlike the USA, most stuff are not labeled.  I am lactose intolerant and have to read everything I pick up in the Supermarket.  Thank God for Daiya, they make ah bunch ah product that are lactose free and they Macaroni and cheese taste real good.  Not found in Grenada yet.

GM, ah tink ah already know Grenada Road March.  Everybody in Grenada is singing that song, and I also heard in backward Baltimore Carnival- fair, the most popular song was When ah Dead, Put Jab jab On Me Tomb stone. ( Spice way tum stone) Lord that song is going nuts.

Hope you ent have ah dog in the race.

Last edited by Slice (Jul 31, 2018 8:17 am)

#8 Jul 31, 2018 8:13 am

New Historian
Active

I land tomorrow 10:55am, can't wait! Sailing up to Kayakou Thursday morning and spending a few days in Greenz for Carnival madness.

#9 Jul 31, 2018 8:21 am

Slice
Active

WOAH, we go make ah lime, when GM come down.  Lord ah wanna do Waggy T inclusive with Kes, but me belly too small and ah doh drink.  Ah go waste me $300.

#10 Jul 31, 2018 10:02 am

GMW
Active

Slice wrote:

GM, ah tink ah already know Grenada Road March.  Everybody in Grenada is singing that song, and I also heard in backward Baltimore Carnival- fair, the most popular song was When ah Dead, Put Jab jab On Me Tomb stone. ( Spice way tum stone) Lord that song is going nuts.

Hope you ent have ah dog in the race.

The artists are doing a really good Job publicizing their work via funny and creative videos. And with everyone been able to watch with their phones its very effective. Mandella Linkz has certainly benefited from that but you never know with Road March. Tempo lil slow, these days they like dem fast as lightning. I have no one in the race. I just continue to support whatever sounds good to me.

Board footer