You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jul 31, 2018 5:33 pm

Expat
Active

Re: LORD THIS HARSH IS AH BIG TING HERE

GMW wrote:
Expat wrote:
GMW wrote:

Oh lord.

I did a hash Sunday morning too. No beer in dirty washikong tho. Try it you may like it. wink

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cor … pe-2103490

Why they have to spoil almost every meal with CHEESE.... I hate cooked cheese!!!!!!!!!

It might be my obsession, but it seems to be a catering obsession in Grenada. Almost every meal has cheese in it. I even had a board Christmas time lunch and asked for spag bol. So it arrives..... With the cheese already on it and cooked. Where I come from the cheese is added at the table if you want it. The meal went back, and I had to watch everybody else eat while I waited for another meal.

No cheese? Then you must really despise macaroni pie.

The real authentic hash recipes has no cheese tho. It's more like:
2-3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
2-3 cups finely chopped, cooked corned beef
2-3 cups chopped cooked potatoes, preferably Yukon gold
Salt and pepper
Chopped fresh parsley

U can use corn beef in the can. Although ah hear these day what's in that can is very questionable.

Macaroni Cheese simply isn't part of my vocabulary.... smile I don't mind mildish cheeses when they are uncooked, but I simply cannot cope with it when it's hot since childhood. I have tried a few times to see if I can retrain my palate, but it still comes up with yuck.... smile

#12 Jul 31, 2018 7:13 pm

houston
Active

You don't know what you're missing Expat, no yuck in a grilled cheese with a side of tomato soup. I like it with a salsa dip. Remember, buttered side of bread facing out.

#13 Aug 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Expat
Active

Terminal deafness....

I cannot eat cooked cheese.... End ov... period. Full stop.

It's like trying to eat stretchy gooey tangy vomit.

Board footer