You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Aug 03, 2018 8:29 am

Calypso
Active

The Best Beach in Grenada is Overshadowed by Grand Anse

http://gopuregrenada.com/essential-gren … quesne-bay
Loved being at the beach. I sometimes dream of going back and lying on its sandy shore naked as could be!!

Life is simple here but good. I wouldn't mind living there for a year after retirement. Just in a simple house to gather my thoughts to write a collection of short stories.

Last edited by Calypso (Aug 03, 2018 8:33 am)

#2 Aug 03, 2018 8:48 am

Slice
Active

Re: The Best Beach in Grenada is Overshadowed by Grand Anse

I have always argued, that Grand Anse, is not the best beach in Grenada, but something amazing happened to me this weekend.  I took ah young Trini ooman to ah few beaches in Grenada, this was her first visit to Grenada.  I made Grand Anse our last stop, for ah reason.  If I ever witness ah WOW moment was when that young women saw and her feet touch Grand Anse waters.  Ah mean for more than 15 minutes, that Young lady was going crazy about Grand Anse.  I just had to smile.

As ah true Grenadain Ambassador, I just had to do what I had to do.  You see by the time we visited Grand Anse, she already change her cloth and no longer had her Swim suit, she begged and pleaded with me to  take her back to place of stay for her Swim suit, she just would not leave Grenada, if she did not swim or bath in the Famous Grand Anse waters.

She can't wait to come back to Grenada. 

I still think Grand Anse is not the best beach in Grenada.  Now it is ah very nice beach, but not the best. (a personal belief)

#3 Aug 03, 2018 9:17 am

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

I have always argued, that Grand Anse, is not the best beach in Grenada, but something amazing happened to me this weekend.  I took ah young Trini ooman to ah few beaches in Grenada, this was her first visit to Grenada.  I made Grand Anse our last stop, for ah reason.  If I ever witness ah WOW moment was when that young women saw and her feet touch Grand Anse waters.  Ah mean for more than 15 minutes, that Young lady was going crazy about Grand Anse.  I just had to smile.

As ah true Grenadain Ambassador, I just had to do what I had to do.  You see by the time we visited Grand Anse, she already change her cloth and no longer had her Swim suit, she begged and pleaded with me to  take her back to place of stay for her Swim suit, she just would not leave Grenada, if she did not swim or bath in the Famous Grand Anse waters.

She can't wait to come back to Grenada. 

I still think Grand Anse is not the best beach in Grenada.  Now it is ah very nice beach, but not the best. (a personal belief)

I was at Grand Anse and it was nothing to write home about. Too much damned tourists and modernization. At Duquesne, you experience the raw Grenadian culture. I love the lore of the fishermen, their nets, and  the hustle and bustle of their everyday  lives.

Last edited by Calypso (Aug 03, 2018 9:19 am)

#4 Aug 03, 2018 9:23 am

Slice
Active

But kaiso, why would anyone wanna go through dat, when all they wanna do is bath.  Grand Anse is kinda commercialize, but give it, it props.  I love Lasagasse. and Bacohlet.  Ah know ah spell that wrong also, but ah trust NH, will teach me and also Expat.

#5 Aug 03, 2018 10:56 am

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

But kaiso, why would anyone wanna go through dat, when all they wanna do is bath.  Grand Anse is kinda commercialize, but give it, it props.  I love Lasagasse. and Bacohlet.  Ah know ah spell that wrong also, but ah trust NH, will teach me and also Expat.

I went to mourne rouge as well. Peschief took me there. Nothing special about it. I wanted to go to Lance Aux Epines beach but Peschief told me that there was no beach there. Later, when I did my research, I realized that it was a lie. There is a beach there. I missed my chance.

Last edited by Calypso (Aug 03, 2018 10:59 am)

#6 Aug 03, 2018 11:45 am

Slice
Active

Interesting.  I think He had other plans for you.  I was trying to remember Peschief name, you see he always talk about this Mt Moritz Breakfast,  I finally went to that breakfast Sunday gone.  If I had remembered his name I was going to ask about him.  Wait Kaiso, you and him had ah ting going?

Yep that beach is still there.  He did not tell you the truth.  I also think Black Bay is ah better beach, than the one you posted.

Where Sandals is located is also ah nice beach.  That is one huge resort.  They tried to stop me from walking through the resort, I asked them if they are crazy? And proceeded to the beach.  They wanted me to ask permission and have someone accompany me, ah just looked at them as if they are mad.  They also showed me the owner house.  I guess Butch give up on Jamaica and is now living in Grenada.

Last edited by Slice (Aug 03, 2018 11:50 am)

#7 Aug 03, 2018 12:04 pm

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

Interesting.  I think He had other plans for you.  I was trying to remember Peschief name, you see he always talk about this Mt Moritz Breakfast,  I finally went to that breakfast Sunday gone.  If I had remembered his name I was going to ask about him.  Wait Kaiso, you and him had ah ting going?

Yep that beach is still there.  He did not tell you the truth.  I also think Black Bay is ah better beach, than the one you posted.

Where Sandals is located is also ah nice beach.  That is one huge resort.  They tried to stop me from walking through the resort, I asked them if they are crazy? And proceeded to the beach.  They wanted me to ask permission and have someone accompany me, ah just looked at them as if they are mad.  They also showed me the owner house.  I guess Butch give up on Jamaica and is now living in Grenada.

Peschief's real name is Osmond Griffith. That's the problems with hotel resorts. The staff and establishment have to learn to coexist with the natives of the island. You can't just come and ignore their needs. Sandals is owned by a white Jamaican Family-- Bush Gordon. His son runs it now.

Last edited by Calypso (Aug 03, 2018 7:52 pm)

#8 Aug 03, 2018 5:13 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Well considering I live in part of Ballies Bacolet it would be hard not to know how it is spelled.

I know it is all a matter of National Pride and all that, but lets face it there are more majestic Beaches all over the World, but it is nice to have a beach on the Caribbean ie. gentler side of the Island that has pretty nice soft White/cream sand. According to Wifey it has been messed up by having the sand piled feet deep so it is hard to walk on, it did not used to be like that before. They could actually do some sand mining there to smooth the beach out.

You cannot have advancement without detracting from the natural beauty.... which considering how much has already been done to place is why I was so adamant that putting up yet another encroaching beach hotel where Camerhoghn park is was a travesty.  Leave some place for the locals to access the place without being pushed to the extremes of the beach. Shucks.

If you want to rave about Duquesne bay, then there is a much more spectacular beach on the Western Coast of Trinidad. I Think it's called Mayaro from distant memory. You can hardly see from one end of the bay to the other, but it is on the Atlantic side.... hence rougher waves.

Board footer