You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Aug 05, 2018 1:14 am

Calypso
Active

Re: ZIMBABWE ......... should still be .... RHODESIA

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

I just watched .... the name escapes me.... that Gay Black newscaster on CNN, and when a White guest said that most white folks do not really look at or think about the colour of your/his skin he was adamant that they should, and that he didn't want to just "be".

Power, lack of it, or gaining it is a Black issue.

Being downtrodden is universal, it has little to do with colour.  The population of European Countries lived in abject poverty, endured brutality and indifference to their plight, and counted for nothing at the same time Blacks were being exported from Africa.

Those in power currently for the most part, but not exclusively now ARE White or from European countries, however those people that ascended to the tops of their specialty very certainly did not plan getting one over on the Black Man.

In the past the trading and expansion of certain Empires was simply based on business expansion, had the populations in the countries to be exploited been white and trickable, defeatable, they would have run rough shod over them too. They had already had their power struggles within Europe, or were in the process of having them.

And Puleeeeese do not play the we were peace loving gentle folk in Africa before the Europeans arrived. That is just so much Bollcks  Slavery was alive and well inter-tribal for centuries, the difference being they were captured or given to assuage inter tribe issues and debts, and they would have been adopted into the next tribe instead of being abused. Shaka Zulu did not rule simply by being nice to his neighbours or extended tribe. He was a great tactition and Warrior.... errr just like Napoleon, or Wellington (who was simply a soldier), not a ruler. Mankind in general is expansive, and prone to war, it is not simply a White speciality.  We simply obtained Black Powder from the Chinese, and became good at it.

>>>>>>I really do not think Whites in general give a power struggle between blacks and whites a second thought. It is the province of the few Dullards that make up the likes of the KKK, and many Black people.<<<<<<<<<

You are living in "lollypop land when it comes to racism, power and control."

My friend you are probably surrounded by people with tree trunks on their shoulders, simply sucking up the latest fad of black awareness does not mean you know bugger all about what you speak.

You can and are welcome to spout drivel regarding Black consciousness if you wish, but do not presume to tell those in the mid stream of White consciousness what they are thinking, as you will be so far from the truth you might as well be on another planet.

I state again very simply for you, there are too many idiots who believe in White supremacy, but they are not the majority by a very long way.  The rest simply either fear black hostility due to actions not of there making or desire, or ambivalent with some fervently supportive of the black perspective. America is full of problems, but despite it's numbers it is not the white World.

There are undoubtedly places where people of colour, if you want to call middle eastern people as well of colour, are oppressed within European cities like Paris, but it is probably as usual to do with Numbers, and self ghettoisation, as we have in the East End of London, which historically is one of the main places where newcomers settle. It has been home for the Jews, The French at the time of The french Sun King, and many others. Currently Asians are squashed in low quality housing, but if they get away from their self created tight knit communities and MIX, then they will be part of society like everyone else.

I am prepared to accept there are and have been all kinds of issues, but in "modern" society a deliberate restriction of black access to power is not one of them.

There are all kinds of reasons why people of colour are not at the top, but mostly it is down to education and contacts, very often the contacts come from your peers at the school you attended... Hence the "Old Boys Network", just like any club or institution they look after their own. It happens in all walks of life.  Police, Taxi drivers, Bus drivers and conductors what ever, you help your buddies. I speak of progression in the UK, I cannot claim any insight into America.  I would surmise though that Black Centrist Colleges may well provide an excellent education, but simply because they are apart as it were, it may not transcribe so well to qualification recognition?

I understand in decades past if black folks couldn't get into decent colleges they had to develop their own, but maybe it is time for THOSE colleges to be open to all students, and move into the current century?

Non- Europeans do not create their own environment; they are placed into it for the sole cause of economic stagnancy. The Chinese have always been an economically progressive group of people. They , however, have a history of not trying to integrate with other nations. In the US, many Afro-Americans have tried to break out of their sameness of world, but were kept there by institutional racism. Blacks like to integrate; they are not Asian in sensibility.  They've always been an accepting  group of people but whites have had a long history of not knowing how to coexist with peoples of other nations without dominating them. Segregation, being blocked off from the mainstream, stagnates one. This is never by choice, it's by racial preference and white supremacy. Now there have been very vocal groups like the KKK and other violent sects who vocalized black hate but racism is more sophisticated than vocalization. It is hidden and structural. Segregation is a deliberate act in the US, Britain and Canada, industrialized nations. The lack of resources, access to better education not being able to learn from one another are reasons I give for the downfall of minority peoples. Black colleges came about as a result of minorities being barred from attending white institutions. Black America knew that in-order to succeed, they had to create their own like the Asians. Their economic link to Africa, unlike the Asians were severed,  when the Europeans scrambled for Africa at the turn of the last century. Africa 's structure is still European -based and African- malnourished. The quest for white domination, in all aspect is the base for non-white stagnation.

Last edited by Calypso (Aug 05, 2018 9:38 am)

#12 Aug 05, 2018 3:37 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

>>>>>>I really do not think Whites in general give a power struggle between blacks and whites a second thought. It is the province of the few Dullards that make up the likes of the KKK, and many Black people.<<<<<<<<<

You are living in "lollypop land when it comes to racism, power and control."

My friend you are probably surrounded by people with tree trunks on their shoulders, simply sucking up the latest fad of black awareness does not mean you know bugger all about what you speak.

You can and are welcome to spout drivel regarding Black consciousness if you wish, but do not presume to tell those in the mid stream of White consciousness what they are thinking, as you will be so far from the truth you might as well be on another planet.

I state again very simply for you, there are too many idiots who believe in White supremacy, but they are not the majority by a very long way.  The rest simply either fear black hostility due to actions not of there making or desire, or ambivalent with some fervently supportive of the black perspective. America is full of problems, but despite it's numbers it is not the white World.

There are undoubtedly places where people of colour, if you want to call middle eastern people as well of colour, are oppressed within European cities like Paris, but it is probably as usual to do with Numbers, and self ghettoisation, as we have in the East End of London, which historically is one of the main places where newcomers settle. It has been home for the Jews, The French at the time of The french Sun King, and many others. Currently Asians are squashed in low quality housing, but if they get away from their self created tight knit communities and MIX, then they will be part of society like everyone else.

I am prepared to accept there are and have been all kinds of issues, but in "modern" society a deliberate restriction of black access to power is not one of them.

There are all kinds of reasons why people of colour are not at the top, but mostly it is down to education and contacts, very often the contacts come from your peers at the school you attended... Hence the "Old Boys Network", just like any club or institution they look after their own. It happens in all walks of life.  Police, Taxi drivers, Bus drivers and conductors what ever, you help your buddies. I speak of progression in the UK, I cannot claim any insight into America.  I would surmise though that Black Centrist Colleges may well provide an excellent education, but simply because they are apart as it were, it may not transcribe so well to qualification recognition?

I understand in decades past if black folks couldn't get into decent colleges they had to develop their own, but maybe it is time for THOSE colleges to be open to all students, and move into the current century?

Non- Europeans do not create their own environment; they are placed into it for the sole cause of economic stagnancy. The Chinese have always been an economically progressive group of people. They , however, have a history of not trying to integrate with other nations. In the US, many Afro-Americans have tried to break out of their sameness of world, but were kept there by institutional racism. Blacks like to integrate; they are not Asian in sensibility.  They've always been an accepting  group of people but whites have had a long history of not knowing how to coexist with peoples of other nations without dominating them. Segregation, being blocked off from the mainstream, stagnates one. This is never by choice, it's by racial preference and white supremacy. Now there have been very vocal groups like the KKK and other violent sects who vocalized black hate but racism is more sophisticated than vocalization. It is hidden and structural. Segregation is a deliberate act in the US, Britain and Canada, industrialized nations. The lack of resources, access to better education not being able to learn from one another are reasons I give for the downfall of minority peoples. Black colleges came about as a result of minorities being barred from attending white institutions. Black America knew that in-order to succeed, they had to create their own like the Asians. Their economic link to Africa, unlike the Asians were severed,  when the Europeans scrambled for Africa at the turn of the last century. Africa 's structure is still European -based and African- malnourished. The quest for white domination, in all aspect is the base for non-white stagnation.

Most of what you say is attributable to being in the lower strata of society. Just about exactly the same limitations exist in council estates all over England, and it has nothing to do with race in that context. poor schooling exists in areas not predominated by mixed races, the results are the same. Lack of advancement. Usually this is because the parents have limited education themselves so cannot help or a poor understanding of how the education system works. So they do not help or encourage their children, but let them play out to all hours, and wonder why they sleep in school and get nowhere.  The problem is NOT specific to Black people.

It WAS the problem of Black people when the Windrush generation arrived and put their children through school.... for exactly the same reason I just stated.... they assumed the school took care of the education period. Whereas any family that wants it child to thrive will put in extra time and work with the children to overcome their failings.

#13 Aug 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Most of what you say is attributable to being in the lower strata of society. Just about exactly the same limitations exist in council estates all over England, and it has nothing to do with race in that context. poor schooling exists in areas not predominated by mixed races, the results are the same. Lack of advancement. Usually this is because the parents have limited education themselves so cannot help or a poor understanding of how the education system works. So they do not help or encourage their children, but let them play out to all hours, and wonder why they sleep in school and get nowhere.  The problem is NOT specific to Black people.

It WAS the problem of Black people when the Windrush generation arrived and put their children through school.... for exactly the same reason I just stated.... they assumed the school took care of the education period. Whereas any family that wants it child to thrive will put in extra time and work with the children to overcome their failings.

Yes, you are correct. But structural racism is what kept them segregated. If their parents are uneducated then let them see what success looks like! Allow them tto integrate with wealthier children.

#14 Aug 05, 2018 10:52 pm

Expat
Active

Huh?

People find it hard to interact with neighbours of the same station in life, now you want to create programs where children who no fault of their own, but regardless, are educationally inadequate can be in a position to negatively impact children that have been conscientiously groomed and taught their entire lives.

As in streaming in schools. The dumb sods like me were in form b or c, the smarty pants ones were in form a.... result, form a kids got many "O" levels, and "A" levels and possibly a glowing future, and the dumbasses got one or two "O"'s if they were lucky, and probably lousy CSE grades, and bounced around the latrines of life through an inability to climb the ladder due to educational shortcomings.

Now you want to pull the dumbasses up, at the cost of the bright kids.   CRAZEEEE. All that will do is create more openings for better educated immigrants to take the key jobs.

Life simply isn't fair. The kid that gets born to a goat herder in Botswana is probably never going to become the head of General Electric, sometimes you have to accept you were born in the wrong place to the wrong parents, and ask for a better hand from the big guy next time round.

#15 Aug 06, 2018 1:08 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

Huh?

People find it hard to interact with neighbours of the same station in life, now you want to create programs where children who no fault of their own, but regardless, are educationally inadequate can be in a position to negatively impact children that have been conscientiously groomed and taught their entire lives.

As in streaming in schools. The dumb sods like me were in form b or c, the smarty pants ones were in form a.... result, form a kids got many "O" levels, and "A" levels and possibly a glowing future, and the dumbasses got one or two "O"'s if they were lucky, and probably lousy CSE grades, and bounced around the latrines of life through an inability to climb the ladder due to educational shortcomings.

Now you want to pull the dumbasses up, at the cost of the bright kids.   CRAZEEEE. All that will do is create more openings for better educated immigrants to take the key jobs.

Life simply isn't fair. The kid that gets born to a goat herder in Botswana is probably never going to become the head of General Electric, sometimes you have to accept you were born in the wrong place to the wrong parents, and ask for a better hand from the big guy next time round.

No. this is where you are wrong, Sir,. I have taught children who are poor but very bright with concerned parents. A friend of mine, who is from Barbados, raised her black son as a single parent. He is brilliant The chap. went to Harvard. She told me how difficult it was for him on job interviews. They all thought that he got there by some equal opportunity quota. When I used to teach in the inner city, I encountered some wonderful students--better than the white ones I teach now. No, let the minority students integrate with the students who are doing well. It will rub off on some.

#16 Aug 06, 2018 10:32 am

Expat
Active

Rub off on some, but pull down many more. Disruptive students harm the class as a whole. You are droning on about minority students, I am saying the minority students are basically the same as their white peers in the same local.

How is it the Asians as a group tend to have high fliers? THEY are minorities.... It is because they have an advancement ethos that some groups do not. The Asian migrant kids in the UK all wanted to be Doctors, Dentists, and Lawyers.... or at least that is what their parents wanted for them, and they were pushed to study. Sit back on the porch sucking on a spliff and see how far your kids will go.

I am not saying children from poor environments cannot put their head above the parapet, and achieve. Regardless of race. If there is a mechanism for brighter children to be transferred into better schools I would think that was a good idea. But to simply lump semi literate children with "a" stream kids to help the low fliers is a recipe for disaster. Work harder at getting through to the dunces in a stream that they can all pull together, instead of putting a slow child in to a higher grade to fall further and further behind.

Possibly through missing classes due to medical issues I lost the thread of mathematics.... I am a little cross at my parents for not supporting me.... but that is a different story.... however I experienced exactly what I am talking about.... I understood the theory of the sciences, I always did well during the early stages of the subjects, but my lousy grasp of Maths, aided and abetted by a level of Mathematical Dyslexia meant I quickly fell behind once the maths was introduced. Very quickly I became a lost cause in those subjects. I repeat what I am saying has NOTHING to do with minorities, it is to do with the practicalities of mixing different streams of children.

You may be or have been teaching, but we have all been taught, and I know from years of classroom life that those with little ambition tend to ruin a good lesson. Hoping incentivised children will rub off their characteristics on dullards is a pipe dream.

And yes Simply being Black does not stop progression.  A good chum of mine who was a very very elevated Manager within an American Origin Insurance Company was a Nigerian, who also went to Harvard, and Sundry other Business Schoolss around the World.

I accept there can be glass ceilings just as there can be for women, but yet there are so many black and female Success stories nowadays that it surely must be getting harder to say "We cannot do it". How much more positive role guidance do they need? We are no longer in the era of just Baseball and Boxers being Black Celebrities, there are God knows how many Black Police Chiefs, Governors, Doctors, Presidents, TV presenters etc etc. Stop trying to blame the system and demanding entitlement. As a couple of Black Talkshoppers have said in one on one conversations, get off your ass and work at bettering yourself.

#17 Aug 06, 2018 11:03 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

Rub off on some, but pull down many more. Disruptive students harm the class as a whole. You are droning on about minority students, I am saying the minority students are basically the same as their white peers in the same local.

How is it the Asians as a group tend to have high fliers? THEY are minorities.... It is because they have an advancement ethos that some groups do not. The Asian migrant kids in the UK all wanted to be Doctors, Dentists, and Lawyers.... or at least that is what their parents wanted for them, and they were pushed to study. Sit back on the porch sucking on a spliff and see how far your kids will go.

I am not saying children from poor environments cannot put their head above the parapet, and achieve. Regardless of race. If there is a mechanism for brighter children to be transferred into better schools I would think that was a good idea. But to simply lump semi literate children with "a" stream kids to help the low fliers is a recipe for disaster. Work harder at getting through to the dunces in a stream that they can all pull together, instead of putting a slow child in to a higher grade to fall further and further behind.

Possibly through missing classes due to medical issues I lost the thread of mathematics.... I am a little cross at my parents for not supporting me.... but that is a different story.... however I experienced exactly what I am talking about.... I understood the theory of the sciences, I always did well during the early stages of the subjects, but my lousy grasp of Maths, aided and abetted by a level of Mathematical Dyslexia meant I quickly fell behind once the maths was introduced. Very quickly I became a lost cause in those subjects. I repeat what I am saying has NOTHING to do with minorities, it is to do with the practicalities of mixing different streams of children.

You may be or have been teaching, but we have all been taught, and I know from years of classroom life that those with little ambition tend to ruin a good lesson. Hoping incentivised children will rub off their characteristics on dullards is a pipe dream.

And yes Simply being Black does not stop progression.  A good chum of mine who was a very very elevated Manager within an American Origin Insurance Company was a Nigerian, who also went to Harvard, and Sundry other Business Schoolss around the World.

I accept there can be glass ceilings just as there can be for women, but yet there are so many black and female Success stories nowadays that it surely must be getting harder to say "We cannot do it". How much more positive role guidance do they need? We are no longer in the era of just Baseball and Boxers being Black Celebrities, there are God knows how many Black Police Chiefs, Governors, Doctors, Presidents, TV presenters etc etc. Stop trying to blame the system and demanding entitlement. As a couple of Black Talkshoppers have said in one on one conversations, get off your ass and work at bettering yourself.

Expat, you are ignoring something crucial: strong minority students are left into rotting neighborhoods to fail. Good students should go to good schools. The lack of money and resources is what they don't have.

#18 Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Dancer
Active

Expat wrote:

.......... Lordy Lord, classic  R...... statement   

>> And yes being black does not stop progression  'a good chum of mine ' ( who  was a very 'elevated' manager  within an American Ins Co   ) was a Nigerian/ ,  **** who also went to 'Harvard  and sundry other Business Schools around the world " <<<

Lord !!   WE KNOW we are not Dumb  Expat . Jeeeeeez !

Anyhow speak to Tommy Mcgee ... NYC 1800s  plus.   Irish and Racism.
Lmao.

Last edited by Dancer (Aug 06, 2018 4:03 pm)

#19 Aug 07, 2018 9:16 am

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Expat, you are ignoring something crucial: strong minority students are left into rotting neighborhoods to fail. Good students should go to good schools. The lack of money and resources is what they don't have.

>>If there is a mechanism for brighter children to be transferred into better schools << I did not ignore it.

#20 Aug 07, 2018 9:21 am

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:
Expat wrote:

.......... Lordy Lord, classic  R...... statement   

>> And yes being black does not stop progression  'a good chum of mine ' ( who  was a very 'elevated' manager  within an American Ins Co   ) was a Nigerian/ ,  **** who also went to 'Harvard  and sundry other Business Schools around the world " <<<

Lord !!   WE KNOW we are not Dumb  Expat . Jeeeeeez !

Anyhow speak to Tommy Mcgee ... NYC 1800s  plus.   Irish and Racism.
Lmao.

Some might be.... smile

I think the point of that inclusion was to illustrate that progression was not restricted by being Black or from Africa. The guy was  in the very top echelons of that American Company. As is the way he moved on to another Company, probably to run it as the CEO.

Board footer