You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#21 Aug 07, 2018 9:59 am

Calypso
Active

Re: ZIMBABWE ......... should still be .... RHODESIA

Expat wrote:
Dancer wrote:
Expat wrote:

Rub off on some, but pull down many more. Disruptive students harm the class as a whole. You are droning on about minority students, I am saying the minority students are basically the same as their white peers in the same local.

How is it the Asians as a group tend to have high fliers? THEY are minorities.... It is because they have an advancement ethos that some groups do not. The Asian migrant kids in the UK all wanted to be Doctors, Dentists, and Lawyers.... or at least that is what their parents wanted for them, and they were pushed to study. Sit back on the porch sucking on a spliff and see how far your kids will go.

I am not saying children from poor environments cannot put their head above the parapet, and achieve. Regardless of race. If there is a mechanism for brighter children to be transferred into better schools I would think that was a good idea. But to simply lump semi literate children with "a" stream kids to help the low fliers is a recipe for disaster. Work harder at getting through to the dunces in a stream that they can all pull together, instead of putting a slow child in to a higher grade to fall further and further behind.

Possibly through missing classes due to medical issues I lost the thread of mathematics.... I am a little cross at my parents for not supporting me.... but that is a different story.... however I experienced exactly what I am talking about.... I understood the theory of the sciences, I always did well during the early stages of the subjects, but my lousy grasp of Maths, aided and abetted by a level of Mathematical Dyslexia meant I quickly fell behind once the maths was introduced. Very quickly I became a lost cause in those subjects. I repeat what I am saying has NOTHING to do with minorities, it is to do with the practicalities of mixing different streams of children.

You may be or have been teaching, but we have all been taught, and I know from years of classroom life that those with little ambition tend to ruin a good lesson. Hoping incentivised children will rub off their characteristics on dullards is a pipe dream.

And yes Simply being Black does not stop progression.  A good chum of mine who was a very very elevated Manager within an American Origin Insurance Company was a Nigerian, who also went to Harvard, and Sundry other Business Schoolss around the World.

I accept there can be glass ceilings just as there can be for women, but yet there are so many black and female Success stories nowadays that it surely must be getting harder to say "We cannot do it". How much more positive role guidance do they need? We are no longer in the era of just Baseball and Boxers being Black Celebrities, there are God knows how many Black Police Chiefs, Governors, Doctors, Presidents, TV presenters etc etc. Stop trying to blame the system and demanding entitlement. As a couple of Black Talkshoppers have said in one on one conversations, get off your ass and work at bettering yourself.

.......... Lordy Lord, classic  R...... statement   

>> And yes being black does not stop progression  'a good chum of mine ' ( who  was a very 'elevated' manager  within an American Ins Co   ) was a Nigerian/ ,  **** who also went to 'Harvard  and sundry other Business Schools around the world " <<<

Lord !!   WE KNOW we are not Dumb  Expat . Jeeeeeez !

Anyhow speak to Tommy Mcgee ... NYC 1800s  plus.   Irish and Racism.
Lmao.

Some might be.... smile

I think the point of that inclusion was to illustrate that progression was not restricted by being Black or from Africa. The guy was  in the very top echelons of that American Company. As is the way he moved on to another Company, probably to run it as the CEO.

Some blacks have always been an exception to the rule. The ones who have business acumen and built empires are the exception. Progression is restricted to blacks, peoples of African descent. In the late 1800s when chief Wai Yaki Wa Hinga allowed that white bastard, General Lugard to use the Kenyan plain, he stopped black progression. Later, the English would kill thousands of them and took away their herds. Stopping BLACK PROGRESSION IS THE ROOT OF RACISM!!!

Last edited by Calypso (Aug 07, 2018 10:00 am)

#22 Aug 07, 2018 10:00 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Dancer wrote:
Expat wrote:

Rub off on some, but pull down many more. Disruptive students harm the class as a whole. You are droning on about minority students, I am saying the minority students are basically the same as their white peers in the same local.

How is it the Asians as a group tend to have high fliers? THEY are minorities.... It is because they have an advancement ethos that some groups do not. The Asian migrant kids in the UK all wanted to be Doctors, Dentists, and Lawyers.... or at least that is what their parents wanted for them, and they were pushed to study. Sit back on the porch sucking on a spliff and see how far your kids will go.

I am not saying children from poor environments cannot put their head above the parapet, and achieve. Regardless of race. If there is a mechanism for brighter children to be transferred into better schools I would think that was a good idea. But to simply lump semi literate children with "a" stream kids to help the low fliers is a recipe for disaster. Work harder at getting through to the dunces in a stream that they can all pull together, instead of putting a slow child in to a higher grade to fall further and further behind.

Possibly through missing classes due to medical issues I lost the thread of mathematics.... I am a little cross at my parents for not supporting me.... but that is a different story.... however I experienced exactly what I am talking about.... I understood the theory of the sciences, I always did well during the early stages of the subjects, but my lousy grasp of Maths, aided and abetted by a level of Mathematical Dyslexia meant I quickly fell behind once the maths was introduced. Very quickly I became a lost cause in those subjects. I repeat what I am saying has NOTHING to do with minorities, it is to do with the practicalities of mixing different streams of children.

You may be or have been teaching, but we have all been taught, and I know from years of classroom life that those with little ambition tend to ruin a good lesson. Hoping incentivised children will rub off their characteristics on dullards is a pipe dream.

And yes Simply being Black does not stop progression.  A good chum of mine who was a very very elevated Manager within an American Origin Insurance Company was a Nigerian, who also went to Harvard, and Sundry other Business Schoolss around the World.

I accept there can be glass ceilings just as there can be for women, but yet there are so many black and female Success stories nowadays that it surely must be getting harder to say "We cannot do it". How much more positive role guidance do they need? We are no longer in the era of just Baseball and Boxers being Black Celebrities, there are God knows how many Black Police Chiefs, Governors, Doctors, Presidents, TV presenters etc etc. Stop trying to blame the system and demanding entitlement. As a couple of Black Talkshoppers have said in one on one conversations, get off your ass and work at bettering yourself.

.......... Lordy Lord, classic  R...... statement   

>> And yes being black does not stop progression  'a good chum of mine ' ( who  was a very 'elevated' manager  within an American Ins Co   ) was a Nigerian/ ,  **** who also went to 'Harvard  and sundry other Business Schools around the world " <<<

Lord !!   WE KNOW we are not Dumb  Expat . Jeeeeeez !

Anyhow speak to Tommy Mcgee ... NYC 1800s  plus.   Irish and Racism.
Lmao.

Some might be.... smile

I think the point of that inclusion was to illustrate that progression was not restricted by being Black or from Africa. The guy was  in the very top echelons of that American Company. As is the way he moved on to another Company, probably to run it as the CEO.

Some blacks have always been an exception to the rule. The ones who have business acumen and built empires are the exception. Progression is restricted to blacks, peoples of African descent. In the late 1800s when chief Wai Yaki Wa Hinga allowed that white bastard, General Lugard to use the Kenyan plain, he stopped black progression. Later, the English would kill thousands of them and took away their herd. Stopping BLACK PROGRESSION IS THE ROOT OF RACISM!!!

Last edited by Calypso (Aug 07, 2018 3:37 pm)

#23 Aug 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Expat
Active

And time has stood still since 1800?

#24 Aug 08, 2018 7:21 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

Sonny boy, please don't pretend that you don't know that colonization is a major cause for stagnancy in the black race.

#25 Aug 08, 2018 10:28 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Sonny boy, please don't pretend that you don't know that colonization is a major cause for stagnancy in the black race.

I would rather think self aggrandizing by many of its leaders followed by suppression of the masses had more to do with it.

Colonisation had many faults including creating boarders that were not in sync with tribal boundaries. We know for sure there were many bad affects from it.

Just as, a parting gift the countries that had been Colonised were left with the infrastructure, and the raw resources that they had been colonised for in the first place. It could be claimed the Colonists only trained people up to subordinate level, and did not give them the full tools of Statesmanship. Remember colonial education in the UK was to train people up to be administrators overseas, and the education overseas was to train locals up to be clerks.

Regardless it has taken many a year for those that made it in to power to stop putting billions into expandable brief cases

Maybe a bit of looking closer to home would be in order.

#26 Aug 09, 2018 4:23 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

I would rather think self aggrandizing by many of its leaders followed by suppression of the masses had more to do with it.

Colonisation had many faults including creating boarders that were not in sync with tribal boundaries. We know for sure there were many bad affects from it.

Just as, a parting gift the countries that had been Colonised were left with the infrastructure, and the raw resources that they had been colonised for in the first place. It could be claimed the Colonists only trained people up to subordinate level, and did not give them the full tools of Statesmanship. Remember colonial education in the UK was to train people up to be administrators overseas, and the education overseas was to train locals up to be clerks.

Regardless it has taken many a year for those that made it in to power to stop putting billions into expandable brief cases

Maybe a bit of looking closer to home would be in order.

You mad some factual arguments but you once again reuses to see the reality or even ignore the reality.  Africa and the Caribbean have had a series of bad  and corrupt leaders but some strong one as well. Colonization did leave a structure but the Europeans relinquish the power but not the structure. Whether they stayed or left the country they colonized, they still maneuvered to keep control. They believed only the white man or the white race should lead. "Darkies were born to be led by them.

#27 Aug 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Expat
Active

>>only the white man or the white race should lead. "Darkies were born to be led by them<<

I do not believe this should be true, but it seems as if many ex colonial countries are hell bent on proving it to be so.

Africa and the Caribbean are vastly different theaters. The Caribbean was developed for mostly single crop, which has very much ceased to be a crop in great demand, and even negatively impacted by the greed of the USA who already had about 95% of the banana marked when they cited the helpful links between Europe and the sundry Caribbean countries as unfair trading with the WTO. Plus the economies of scale make real expansion very restrictive for businesses other than a couple of key ones.   The populations do not even come close to that of a small town in The UK.

Africa on the other hand has many countries with great resources both of minerals etc, and manpower. There is far less excuse in Africa than the Caribbean.

#28 Aug 10, 2018 1:45 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

>>only the white man or the white race should lead. "Darkies were born to be led by them<<

I do not believe this should be true, but it seems as if many ex colonial countries are hell bent on proving it to be so.

Africa and the Caribbean are vastly different theaters. The Caribbean was developed for mostly single crop, which has very much ceased to be a crop in great demand, and even negatively impacted by the greed of the USA who already had about 95% of the banana marked when they cited the helpful links between Europe and the sundry Caribbean countries as unfair trading with the WTO. Plus the economies of scale make real expansion very restrictive for businesses other than a couple of key ones.   The populations do not even come close to that of a small town in The UK.

Africa on the other hand has many countries with great resources both of minerals etc, and manpower. There is far less excuse in Africa than the Caribbean.

Of course you are not going to believe it to be true! The Caribbean and the continent of Africa have more in common than you believe it.  They have a large  population of Africans and  that is what has kept them suppressed. Just as the Europeans exploited African minerals, fishing, crops, etc., they did the same with the Caribbean's sugar, banana,  fruit, etc. industries.  Independence from the super powers of Europe did not give the African peoples total control to wheel and deal as they wanted to.  Colonialism and slavery ruined  the growth of a people.

#29 Aug 10, 2018 6:06 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Of course you are not going to believe it to be true! The Caribbean and the continent of Africa have more in common than you believe it.  They have a large  population of Africans and  that is what has kept them suppressed. Just as the Europeans exploited African minerals, fishing, crops, etc., they did the same with the Caribbean's sugar, banana,  fruit, etc. industries.  Independence from the super powers of Europe did not give the African peoples total control to wheel and deal as they wanted to.  Colonialism and slavery ruined  the growth of a people.

What you seem totally unable to grasp is almost none of it is to do with African people, or even Caribbean people.  It is ALL to do with commerce. Just like running a corner shop, or a Department store. It is all about the bottom line.

When a conglomerate shuts down half the factories and lays off it's employees it is not debating what the ethnic make up is, they are figuring out the bottom line.

Had the Atlantic passage not been profitable it would never have happened.

Had the prisoners from the UK not died like flies when they were cutting cane they would not have looked to Africa for fresh labour.

#30 Aug 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

What you seem totally unable to grasp is almost none of it is to do with African people, or even Caribbean people.  It is ALL to do with commerce. Just like running a corner shop, or a Department store. It is all about the bottom line.

When a conglomerate shuts down half the factories and lays off it's employees it is not debating what the ethnic make up is, they are figuring out the bottom line.

Had the Atlantic passage not been profitable it would never have happened.

Had the prisoners from the UK not died like flies when they were cutting cane they would not have looked to Africa for fresh labour.

It has to do with commerce and the people who run and control it. The white man always play it so he has the upper hand. Too much wealth and power must not fall into the hand of a black man. Expat, give it up for your are hopeless in this discussion. You are in denial that race plays a key role in the game of power and industry.

Board footer