You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#31 Aug 11, 2018 7:39 am

Expat
Active

Re: ZIMBABWE ......... should still be .... RHODESIA

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Of course you are not going to believe it to be true! The Caribbean and the continent of Africa have more in common than you believe it.  They have a large  population of Africans and  that is what has kept them suppressed. Just as the Europeans exploited African minerals, fishing, crops, etc., they did the same with the Caribbean's sugar, banana,  fruit, etc. industries.  Independence from the super powers of Europe did not give the African peoples total control to wheel and deal as they wanted to.  Colonialism and slavery ruined  the growth of a people.

What you seem totally unable to grasp is almost none of it is to do with African people, or even Caribbean people.  It is ALL to do with commerce. Just like running a corner shop, or a Department store. It is all about the bottom line.

When a conglomerate shuts down half the factories and lays off it's employees it is not debating what the ethnic make up is, they are figuring out the bottom line.

Had the Atlantic passage not been profitable it would never have happened.

Had the prisoners from the UK not died like flies when they were cutting cane they would not have looked to Africa for fresh labour.

It has to do with commerce and the people who run and control it. The white man always play it so he has the upper hand. Too much wealth and power must not fall into the hand of a black man. Expat, give it up for your are hopeless in this discussion. You are in denial that race plays a key role in the game of power and industry.

Far from it.  I am not the one who is trying to make excuses for a groups inability to thrive. You seem to concur with my suggestion it has to do with commerce. What you can't seem to get to grips with is that is all it has to do with.

The racism, and oppression comes from a different place altogether.   That has more to do with mostly lower levels of humanity trying to feel superior. There are exceptions where bigotry sits in the hands of the powerful.  Mr President  AKA Trump seems to fit that bill. He is not alone, but he is part of a minority of people in those kinds of positions.

Just as you can have a minority stirring up all kinds of sheite killing each other for drugs etc, we can have a few bad apples who have a warped view of humanity as a whole.

#32 Aug 11, 2018 8:29 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

What you seem totally unable to grasp is almost none of it is to do with African people, or even Caribbean people.  It is ALL to do with commerce. Just like running a corner shop, or a Department store. It is all about the bottom line.

When a conglomerate shuts down half the factories and lays off it's employees it is not debating what the ethnic make up is, they are figuring out the bottom line.

Had the Atlantic passage not been profitable it would never have happened.

Had the prisoners from the UK not died like flies when they were cutting cane they would not have looked to Africa for fresh labour.

It has to do with commerce and the people who run and control it. The white man always play it so he has the upper hand. Too much wealth and power must not fall into the hand of a black man. Expat, give it up for your are hopeless in this discussion. You are in denial that race plays a key role in the game of power and industry.

Far from it.  I am not the one who is trying to make excuses for a groups inability to thrive. You seem to concur with my suggestion it has to do with commerce. What you can't seem to get to grips with is that is all it has to do with.

The racism, and oppression comes from a different place altogether.   That has more to do with mostly lower levels of humanity trying to feel superior. There are exceptions where bigotry sits in the hands of the powerful.  Mr President  AKA Trump seems to fit that bill. He is not alone, but he is part of a minority of people in those kinds of positions.

Just as you can have a minority stirring up all kinds of sheite killing each other for drugs etc, we can have a few bad apples who have a warped view of humanity as a whole.

The black race inability to thrive has to do with racism in 70 percent of the cases. I've know so many Afro-American who at one point owned land and thriving businesses in the south and north as well but the white didn't stop until they confiscate them or ruined them. Now, Expat, I will be leaving  for France on Monday and I would like to end this conversation. I will take it up again if you continue to be in denial.

#33 Aug 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

The black race inability to thrive has to do with racism in 70 percent of the cases. I've know so many Afro-American who at one point owned land and thriving businesses in the south and north as well but the white didn't stop until they confiscate them or ruined them. Now, Expat, I will be leaving  for France on Monday and I would like to end this conversation. I will take it up again if you continue to be in denial.

Bon Voyage mon frere. De Nile is a River ending in Egypt, and I aint there.

Board footer