You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#21 Aug 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Hearing in Jeapardy

I do not complain about noise especially carnival time, but yesterday was an exception.  I went to the Spice Basket yesterday.  The DJ, was Kewl and also the Steel Band; then came the live band, and for once in me life I thought the sound was to damn loud; maybe, because they sound real bad.  There were plenty noise, but the music was just horrible.

I know Expat always BAWLS out about noise, for once ah go trade place with him.  Where I reside, there are two clubs or Rum shop and every night they just blast the music, but me ent complaining.  They stop by 12am nightly.

#22 Aug 14, 2018 10:29 am

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

"I have been to a Stones concert where the only endurable location was at the back of the stadium. However the sound systems here can be almost as bad, and is playing for not even a few hundred in a small location, never mind many thousands in Wembley Stadium."

I went to a Stones concert at Wembley in ..... 1982-ish?? Same one?

Did it absolutely chuck it down with rain before the concert making the canvas cover seem like a water bed?

#23 Aug 14, 2018 10:33 am

New Historian
Active

Memory hazy about that one. I do remember thinking at the time that the Stones were a little past their prime - not like when I saw them at the free Hyde Park concert in '69!

#24 Aug 14, 2018 10:39 am

Expat
Active

I rode there on my bike, and even though I had a full fairing, leathers and cafe racer boots with over the top socks I was drenched from around Harlesden until I got to Wembley.

Board footer