You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jan 24, 2017 10:45 am

Slice

HOW MANY TIMES YOU POST IN THE OLE SHOP

and realize, you made ah mistake and not ah ting, you can do about it. Now you can actually edit your post.  Doh know about allyu, but ah love this new forum.

#2 Jan 24, 2017 11:41 am

Real Distwalker

Re: HOW MANY TIMES YOU POST IN THE OLE SHOP

There are pluses and minuses.  This one takes a little more getting used to.  It isn't as instantly intuitive and it takes a bit more effort to use.

That said, the ability to easily post photos is awesome.  The ability to edit posts is great.  The end to multiple user names is good.  The ability to receive a private email without having to give out your email address is pretty neat.  That it doesn't randomly send you to moderation is nice.  That you can tell what is read and not read even if you change computers is pretty cool.   The ability to put a url and have it automatically become a hot-link is super.  It seems fast and functional.

The big, fat, ugly negative about it, however, is that isn't getting much use.  sad  That's a shame.

#3 Jan 24, 2017 11:48 am

Slice

Folks are peeping and not posting.  They will come, watch and see.

#4 Jan 24, 2017 12:11 pm

Real Distwalker

Do you like my new fish avatar? It is a coelacanth.  The coelacanth living fossil; a survivor.  It is a creature that should be extinct but lives on hidden from view. The coelacanth just does its thing and lets the world be the world.

#5 Jan 24, 2017 12:22 pm

New Historian

Real Distwalker wrote:

Do you like my new fish avatar? It is a coelacanth.  The coelacanth living fossil; a survivor.  It is a creature that should be extinct but lives on hidden from view. The coelacanth just does its thing and lets the world be the world.

I can see the reason for your affinity with this fish!!

#6 Jan 24, 2017 2:55 pm

Slice

RD has a thing for ole stuff.  Ah wonder if he has an affair would I be with an old woman?

#7 Jan 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Real Distwalker

Well, I would never have an affair because I would never be so cruel to my wife and my children.   But, yeah, I dig women my own age.

#8 Jan 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Real Distwalker

New Historian wrote:

I can see the reason for your affinity with this fish!!

If I had a coat-of-arms, I think I would make it the centerpiece. smile

#9 Jan 24, 2017 4:32 pm

New Historian

An elderly Indian gentleman once shook his head and smiled at me and said how much he likes older women, because:

"They don't yell,
They don't tell,
They don't swell,
And they're grateful as hell!!"

#10 Jan 24, 2017 11:24 pm

Aim

Slice wrote:

and realize, you made ah mistake and not ah ting, you can do about it. Now you can actually edit your post.  Doh know about allyu, but ah love this new forum.

I answered and lost it because I was no longer logged in. Anyway, I dislike this format because it requires too much searching as opposed to its just opening up and letting you choose where you want to post without looking to the end of a long thread..tell me if ah doing something wrong. If I get fed up, I will come back when I retire, if TS is still around. Some people tell me is too much work.

So Slice, about making a mistake and correcting it fine....if within a a few minutes of reading and  posting. When you have the option, however, to change the post and change the content or meaning after a length of time and after people are answering,won't it be like if they are answering to something totally different? This is not about the initial poster/s only, it is also about the readers and who wants to chime in with a nice flow. At any rate if someone takes an excerpt of the post or quotes it  before it changes what then? LOL

Last edited by Aim (Jan 24, 2017 11:25 pm)

Board footer