You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Aug 20, 2018 7:14 pm

gripe
Active

Google Sued over "Location History" Privacy Violations

According to the story:

1. "Google is facing new scrutiny in the wake of revelations that it stores users’ location data even when "Location History" is turned off."

2. "Last Friday, Google quietly edited its description of the practice on its own website—while continuing said practice—to clarify that "some location data may be saved as part of your activity on other services, like Search and Maps."'

3. "In the lawsuit, which was filed in federal court last Friday in San Francisco, attorneys representing a man named Napoleon Patacsil argued that Google is violating the California Invasion of Privacy Act and the state’s constitutional right to privacy." 

Here is the link: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/201 … tion-data/

#2 Aug 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Google Sued over "Location History" Privacy Violations

Me  I aint give them nothing, I en't giving my correct age, where I am, nuffin. Even the birth date I gave is wrong.  They can trawl all they like I am messin with they head.

I once had a facwbook account where as expected I gained endless friends requests from distant friends of friend and distant family.... zammo close account.   Am I really that sad to need friends I never even heard of... errrrr no.

#3 Aug 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Dancer
Active

Internet has a long way to go for me to be comfortable with it .

#4 Aug 20, 2018 11:22 pm

gripe
Active

It's a crazy, scary world where one has to be ever careful!

#5 Aug 21, 2018 2:45 pm

New Historian
Active

I have to make sure the location thingy on my Facebook is securely off - it's not every time I want everyone to know my location LOL!!

Board footer