You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Aug 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: Nah-wah-oh: Nigeria!

New Historian wrote:

You been to Mali? Hotbed for Boko Haram nutters these days. Apart from Timbuktu there's not a whole lot to see and do in Mali, just a whole lotta Sahara dust. My three fave African countries are Ghana, Uganda and Tanzania: rich culture and relatively safe. Mozambique is also good, but kinda out there. South Africa is a basket case: too many angry people, of all "rainbow colours".

Mozambique is thriving. But the white minority still control most of the wealth.

#12 Aug 29, 2018 7:46 am

Expat
Active

Re: Nah-wah-oh: Nigeria!

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

I wouldn't want to live in Africa but I dream of teaching English in Kenya for an entire summer.  It is never wise to go to any country and just hail a taxi, you'll put your life in danger. I always ask my travel agent to have a car take me to the hotel and drop me back there.

So what makes you think they speak English any less well than Jamaicans or Grenadians?

https://www.seekteachers.com/articles.asp?id=252

From experience of International Schools in the UK, they were for mainly Americans on attachment to a country.... very little to do with education in the country for the country.

Board footer