You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Aug 28, 2018 1:31 pm

GMW
Active

I was gonna mention the lat John McCain but.....

Out of respect of opted to cede to the real war veterans on on Talkshop (should there be any) to eulogize him first. That, I thought, would be more appropriate.

And then I also thought: IF we weren't living in these Trumpian times some honorable person on here would have said something by now. I'm not saying allyu don't have balls. I'm just saying someone, more likely a military person, may have mentioned his heroism in passing.

Food for thought! Deep thought.

May The Maverick Rest In Peace!

#2 Aug 28, 2018 2:45 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: I was gonna mention the lat John McCain but.....

GMW wrote:

Out of respect of opted to cede to the real war veterans on on Talkshop (should there be any) to eulogize him first. That, I thought, would be more appropriate.

And then I also thought: IF we weren't living in these Trumpian times some honorable person on here would have said something by now. I'm not saying allyu don't have balls. I'm just saying someone, more likely a military person, may have mentioned his heroism in passing.

Food for thought! Deep thought.

May The Maverick Rest In Peace!

he struggled with brain cancer. Now he is at rest!

#3 Aug 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

He want through hell in Vietnam and he was a free thinker in Congress. Rest in peace.

#4 Aug 28, 2018 4:09 pm

Calypso
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

He want through hell in Vietnam and he was a free thinker in Congress. Rest in peace.

Vietnam was a senseless war. Nobody came out on top the loss of lives were astronomical.

#5 Aug 28, 2018 5:09 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

But he wasn't a true hero, true heroes don't get captured. The sheer gall of this man knows NO bounds, I'm so glad the American Legion MADE him re-lower the flag over the WH. To call him a douchebag is an insult to douchebags the world over.

#6 Aug 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

But he wasn't a true hero, true heroes don't get captured. The sheer gall of this man knows NO bounds, I'm so glad the American Legion MADE him re-lower the flag over the WH. To call him a douchebag is an insult to douchebags the world over.

Donald Trump said heros don't get captured in regard to McCain.

I am an officer in my American Legion post.  When the Legion speaks, presidents take heed.

#7 Aug 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Slice
Active

TRUMP IS AH ASS HOLE PLAIN AND SIMPLE. That fool only care about himself.

#8 Aug 28, 2018 6:22 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Donald Trump said heros don't get captured in regard to McCain.

I am an officer in my American Legion post.  When the Legion speaks, presidents take heed.

I should have starred it sarcastic lol. Vets must hate that cowardly douchebag.

#9 Aug 28, 2018 7:54 pm

houston
Active

New Historian wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

"To call him a douchebag is an insult to douchebags the world over"

Hilarious but right on Historian!
Not one of those remaining staff members have an ounce of pride in them. They sit like gnomes and let the moron run his foul mouth.

#10 Aug 28, 2018 8:56 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

Vets must hate that cowardly douchebag.

Some do, some don't.  He makes me sick.

Board footer