You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Aug 30, 2018 10:52 pm

New Historian
Active

So much for background checks

Failed yet again.

Shooter.jpg

#2 Aug 30, 2018 11:33 pm

houston
Active

Re: So much for background checks

Amazing that each state has different laws.
Gun control in the United States is a lost cause.

#3 Aug 31, 2018 12:16 am

houston
Active

Any type of gun sense among those states is not an option.
They shoot each other at the mere mention of control.

#4 Aug 31, 2018 5:39 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

White Americans are of European ancestry which has a hunting culture. For centuries people have hunted and have used gun responsible.  Now we are an evil generation of people because we've lost so much of our values and it' going to get worse. Make the gun laws  the same in all states to control how it's being used and it will be used more effectively.

#5 Aug 31, 2018 1:42 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

White Americans are of European ancestry which has a hunting culture. For centuries people have hunted and have used gun responsible.  Now we are an evil generation of people because we've lost so much of our values and it' going to get worse. Make the gun laws  the same in all states to control how it's being used and it will be used more effectively.

EVERY race and nation is a hunting culture, Africans Samoans, Native Americans, Eskimo's, Aborigines, Asians, Arabs, why try to paint European culture into a picture which is an evolution of the founding of a new undeveloped nation, where guns were either used for survival, or in most cases by Cowboys to dispatch injured cattle.

The gun culture in America is an aberration created by the abuse of the intentions behind the right to bear arms.

#6 Aug 31, 2018 3:07 pm

Dancer
Active

Aberration  .....   you say  ... is it ?

. A departure from what is normal ..  says Oxford.
..  Imperfect refraction or focalization of a lens.
... with Carter now in his forth decade as ex president , his actual presidency feels more like a footnote ,
an aberration in the life of a holy man .

.... But Hey ! ... The more we find out about the Cosmos ...  IT seems we are an aberration.
lol.

#7 Aug 31, 2018 4:11 pm

New Historian
Active

AMERICA is the aberration! Only three countries have the right to bear weapons of mass destruction in their constitutions: USA, Mexico and Guatemala - great company you're keeping there, guys! So 3 out of 190-odd countries counts as an aberration to me.

https://www.businessinsider.com/2nd-ame … ms-2017-10

#8 Aug 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

Aberration  .....   you say  ... is it ?

. A departure from what is normal ..  says Oxford.
..  Imperfect refraction or focalization of a lens.
... with Carter now in his forth decade as ex president , his actual presidency feels more like a footnote ,
an aberration in the life of a holy man .

.... But Hey ! ... The more we find out about the Cosmos ...  IT seems we are an aberration.
lol.

Either we are unique, or even if there are other sentient creatures out there, by the time we make returnable communication with them either we or their civilizations will undoubtedly have ended, making searching futile.

Warp speed may like many other devices created in Star Trek become possible, but not in our life times, and with Trumps help maybe in no ones lifetime.

#9 Aug 31, 2018 10:00 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

AMERICA is the aberration! Only three countries have the right to bear weapons of mass destruction in their constitutions: USA, Mexico and Guatemala - great company you're keeping there, guys! So 3 out of 190-odd countries counts as an aberration to me.

https://www.businessinsider.com/2nd-ame … ms-2017-10

I just spent about 30 minutes creating an informative account of the progression of Gun restrictions in the UK from 1900 until the present day, and when I tried to post it had times out and I was logged out.... So thanks for that. I am not going to go through that again.

#10 Aug 31, 2018 10:18 pm

New Historian
Active

And what did it say? It's okay words will do.

Board footer