You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Sep 01, 2018 10:25 am

Expat
Active

Re: So much for background checks

New Historian wrote:

And what did it say? It's okay words will do.

Very short version... Exactly what RD keeps bitchin about.... Gun rights have been reduced to almost nilfrom 1900 til now, even air rifles are due to be licensed, and no one is entitled to ANY weapon for self defense, it is an offense to defend you life, house or property with a weapon.... it is a criminals charter for success.

#12 Sep 01, 2018 10:50 am

New Historian
Active

I'd rather be like the UK and err on the side of caution, than be like their mad relations across The Pond.

#13 Sep 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

I'd rather be like the UK and err on the side of caution, than be like their mad relations across The Pond.

You maybe, but it is mostly not caution, it is either fear of the populace, as in the original crack down, where they were afraid of a Communist uprising after the fall of the Tzar, or a knee jerk press appeasing decision by Blair when they ruined sport pistol shooting by banning handguns except under section 5.

As always because of a few CRIMINALS, and one or two nut jobs..... virtually NO gun crime occurred with legitimate guns. So why take them away from stable individuals who were professors, Doctors Surgeons, Policemen, book keepers etc etc who liked to punch holes in pieces of paper and wax lyrical about various calibers, and models of weapons.

Always the many pay the price for the very small number of the few..... In the UK.

Now gun ownership and use is escalating.... not among shooting enthusiasts, but CRIMINALS. Leaving the citizenry even less in control of their lives.

As I have stated before the arrangements in America like many things are quite different, with different origins etc.

Board footer