You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Aug 31, 2018 2:04 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Evil Propaganda

I have been anti-abortion all of my life and I have never cast a vote for Trump or Pence.

#12 Aug 31, 2018 2:27 pm

GMW
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I have been anti-abortion all of my life and I have never cast a vote for Trump or Pence.

Credit to you for not being part of that 42%. You are a rare exception to the rule.

#13 Aug 31, 2018 3:10 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
New Historian wrote:

A human being is a living organism that has been BORN.

So this isn't a human being, huh?    How absolutely, positively absurd.

https://assets.babycenter.com/intl/gb/i … ?width=600

So is this "human" as well? When does it start - on the night of conception? I'm not talking about being ALIVE, I'm talking about being a HUMAN BEING, able to function as a sustainable life form, outside of its mothers womb. Lots of things inside us are "alive", a cancer is alive, but that doesn't make it human.

embryo_human_e006.jpg

#14 Aug 31, 2018 3:21 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

I'm talking about being a HUMAN BEING, able to function as a sustainable life form, outside of its mothers womb.

I notice you used the word "mother".  You are right.  They are mothers and in order to be a 'mother' you must have a son or daughter.  They are killing their unborn sons and daughters.

#15 Aug 31, 2018 3:49 pm

New Historian
Active

Again answer my question: When does a human become a human? The morning after sex, when "something" has happened, is that "thing" a human being? Is the morning-after pill by your extremist definition "murder"?

#16 Aug 31, 2018 4:31 pm

houston
Active

Abortion is such a divisive subject.
Is it right, is it wrong?
Does life begin at conception, 5 weeks, 25 weeks or upon delivery?
Is it a selfish way of fixing a problem that can be justified because it's legally accepted?
I suppose it's up to each individual to decide for themselves what is morally justified.
Can understand mistakes but go through with the 9 months and put the unwanted baby up for adoption.

#17 Aug 31, 2018 4:33 pm

New Historian
Active

"I suppose it's up to each individual to decide for themselves what is morally justified."

Exactly, it is a personal choice, up to the people involved.

#18 Aug 31, 2018 6:44 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:
New Historian wrote:

A human being is a living organism that has been BORN.

So this isn't a human being, huh?    How absolutely, positively absurd.

https://assets.babycenter.com/intl/gb/i … ?width=600

So is this "human" as well? When does it start - on the night of conception? I'm not talking about being ALIVE, I'm talking about being a HUMAN BEING, able to function as a sustainable life form, outside of its mothers womb. Lots of things inside us are "alive", a cancer is alive, but that doesn't make it human.

https://s15.postimg.cc/6e6g3gfcn/embryo_human_e006.jpg

Be quiet, you blasted imbecile! Conceptions begins at BIRTH! Although the fetus is dependent on its mother, it is still the formation of life. Every human life is important. Abortion can take place when the fetus is just a spot. People make mistakes and do not want to bring forth a child in difficult situations I look at the social problems in the black family and I always say 'give me quality people not quantity.' There is something call 'family planning.' Get educated and be wise! But you NH love your bastard children with their bang bellies and runny noses and the absent of fathers.

#19 Aug 31, 2018 6:49 pm

New Historian
Active

You are one angry twisted woman I feel sorry for you. Where do these eruptions of bile and vitriol come from, deep within your psyche? Who hurt you so bad that you just love to strike back - at anyone? I'm not going to entertain your juvenile name-calling and posturing, that's beneath me. Have a nice life, you poor angry woman.

#20 Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

Again answer my question: When does a human become a human? The morning after sex, when "something" has happened, is that "thing" a human being? Is the morning-after pill by your extremist definition "murder"?

I believe for some people with religious leanings the moment of conception makes it.... For me whilst I do not think of abortion as just another form of contraception, I do think that up to the point pain and consciousness is achieved termination could still be carried out.

However, late stage terminations are ghastly and should be avoided unless there is some really compelling argument. Late stage abortions can involve chopping up the living child inside the womb to pass it out through the natural exit channel. It seems weird that you can pass an ultra thin needle into the spine of a child in the womb to take fluid from the spine, but cannot deliver a terminal dose of anesthetic via the same method to save the unborn child distress.

Board footer