You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Don't Let Me Down

Enjoy.

#2 Sep 07, 2018 8:47 am

Expat
Active

Re: Don't Let Me Down

Not as much as

#3 Sep 07, 2018 8:58 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Are you one of those weird people who prefers the Stones to the Beatles?

#4 Sep 07, 2018 9:03 am

Expat
Active

Absolutely. She loves you Yeah Yeah, She Loves you Yeah Yeah.... great lyrics.

Keeping it American

Last edited by Expat (Sep 07, 2018 9:04 am)

#5 Sep 07, 2018 9:05 am

Expat
Active

Classic

#6 Sep 07, 2018 6:53 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Are you one of those weird people who prefers the Stones to the Beatles?

Sometimes I swing one way, sometimes the other. A devilish choice they both were so brilliant in their prime.

#7 Sep 07, 2018 10:32 pm

Expat
Active

I hear great plaudits for the Beatles, but they seemed to just be a light weight girl magnet band to me a step up from the later Bay City Rollers... loads of teeny boppers peeing themselves at the airport.

Not saying the Stones weren't girl magnets too, but they were probably a bit older.

#8 Sep 07, 2018 10:43 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The Beatles were the most talented musical phenomenon of the modern age.  They were musical geniuses who recreated themselves over and over faster than they could be emulated.  Their music is timeless, technically perfect and just damned awesome.   Seriously, musical taste is subjective but to rate the Beatles as simple girl magnets or in the same universe as the Bay City Rollers is madness!!!  I like all kinds of music of all genres but the Beatles are in a class all their own.

#9 Sep 07, 2018 11:17 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

They remained awesome even after they split up.

#10 Sep 07, 2018 11:26 pm

New Historian
Active

The Beatles were the most talented musical phenomenon of the modern age.  They were musical geniuses who recreated themselves over and over faster than they could be emulated.  Their music is timeless, technically perfect and just damned awesome.   Seriously, musical taste is subjective but to rate the Beatles as simple girl magnets or in the same universe as the Bay City Rollers is madness!!!  I like all kinds of music of all genres but the Beatles are in a class all their own.

Classic RD, he'll slaughter you with superlatives!

You two and your endless musical masturbations actually got me thinking: Which one DO I like best? Let's start with the evidence: I have 6 Beatles records (left), and 10 Stones. So on record count Stones win. But what records? The Beatles made some amazing, literally world-changing music, much more influential than the Stones, who always chafed at the bit at being "the other British band". Sgt. Peppers and the White Album changed music forever and and had a huge impact on a generation of kids - myself included.

Love 'em both, but overall I'll give it to the Scousers.

Beatles.jpg

Stones.jpg

Last edited by New Historian (Sep 07, 2018 11:29 pm)

Board footer