You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#21 Sep 08, 2018 11:22 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Don't Let Me Down

By the way, that impromptu rooftop performance in the original post was the very last time the Beatles performed together in front of any kind of audience.

#22 Sep 08, 2018 11:28 am

New Historian
Active

The "audience" was several stories below on Baker Street, who only heard the music coming from the rooftop! I was so pissed, I was on baker St. just the day before lol!

#23 Sep 08, 2018 12:19 pm

Dancer
Active

" New Historian , you got me. lol.
are you a time traveler  ?  You shook Lyndon's hand ,  You were at Marley's feet ,   Now you grew up with the Beatles.

You gotta come clean New Historian. One Donald is enough .

Sad. lol.

#24 Sep 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

The "audience" was several stories below on Baker Street, who only heard the music coming from the rooftop!

It looks like there are sundry folks on nearby rooftops who can see the show... not to mention the concerned bobbies.

Untitled.png

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Sep 08, 2018 12:51 pm)

#25 Sep 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Bobbies and Billy.

Untitled.png

#26 Sep 08, 2018 11:04 pm

New Historian
Active

The "bobbies" (a term NEVER used by the English lol) stopped the show, bastards. Said it was causing huge traffic congestion on the street below, which it was but what the heck it was the Beatles!

At the end of the last track on Abbey Road, after "Her Majesty", there's a 5-second noise that sounded like an out-take glitch, and rumour had it that if you played it backwards on your turntable it said "I will [f word] you like a Superman!" And guess what - it did, kinda lol!!

#27 Sep 09, 2018 8:51 am

Real Distwalker
Active

"Bobby" is just disused slang though, right?  It was used in the past, I think.   There are tons of terms for police in the US that nobody uses anymore as well... flatfoot, fuzz, Five-O.

#28 Sep 09, 2018 9:22 am

GMW
Active

>>The Beatles were the most talented musical phenomenon of the modern age.<<

I'm mostly in agreement with that.

Because my first name is Jude I'll give you a lil trivia about "Het Jude". Tell who wrote it about whom? That's ah piece of cake for you.

#29 Sep 09, 2018 1:06 pm

houston
Active

This video gives an idea of what it was like on the street below. The Beatles look like they are really enjoying that gig. Maybe because they could hear.
One of the reasons that they retired to the studio was that they could not hear themselves over the screaming fans during live performances.

#30 Sep 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

GMW: McCartney wrote it about Julian Lennon.

Board footer