You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Expat this one is not afraid to support black people in UK

#2 Sep 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Re: Expat this one is not afraid to support black people in UK

Make sure you
Watch the video at the link

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproj … to-jamaica

#3 Sep 11, 2018 2:12 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

National shame only  for people  who know what shame is food for thought or else it's is fun for who do not understand these terms and who may never understand these terms.

#4 Sep 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Expat
Active

Mary Seacole/deportees wrote:

National shame only  for people  who know what shame is food for thought or else it's is fun for who do not understand these terms and who may never understand these terms.

As I said in previous posts I know one particular person who did not want to give up her Trini passport at a time when Trinidad would not allow duel nationality. I suspect if she tried to come back for more than a holiday to see her kids she might be in trouble.

However, most had they thought, could have applied for Nationality due to their length of stay, even if they had to show they had been resident for the 5 years required, and then automatically get citizenship afterwards.

While I think the whole thing stinks, and I for one am not saying the Government could not have had an amnesty, and tried harder to resolve some of those issues.

It still has to be said if trying to be impartial, many of those that have found themselves in the crosshairs could have applied and got nationality, but didn't bother and have become caught out by bureaucracy. Mean spirited as it was.

My wife applied and got British Nationality quite independently of me with no issue, was she clever, or these people dumb?

#5 Sep 12, 2018 7:03 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Expat wrote:
Mary Seacole/deportees wrote:

As I said in previous posts I know one particular person who did not want to give up her Trini passport at a time when Trinidad would not allow duel nationality. I suspect if she tried to come back for more than a holiday to see her kids she might be in trouble.

However, most had they thought, could have applied for Nationality due to their length of stay, even if they had to show they had been resident for the 5 years required, and then automatically get citizenship afterwards.

While I think the whole thing stinks, and I for one am not saying the Government could not have had an amnesty, and tried harder to resolve some of those issues.

It still has to be said if trying to be impartial, many of those that have found themselves in the crosshairs could have applied and got nationality, but didn't bother and have become caught out by bureaucracy. Mean spirited as it was.

My wife applied and got British Nationality quite independently of me with no issue, was she clever, or these people dumb?

Expat may I ask?Did you realise each case is different to the other? Let's play a game of race cards right now.
Some of these folks thought they were British based on when they arrived before they knew their invitation had ran out.
What kind of sick minds will deport a
person who arrived at 6 months old in a countries that were owned by England?  answer the question
This is why I don't bother much some people does  destroy others it's plain to see.
All the cases differs some of these cases are racism cases a fellow removed for some ganja is a different case .
A woman losing her passport is different to a person who did not heed the warning
I had some distant  cousins who joined their parents quite young . They were not caught up in the passport thing.
What does indefinite leave means to you?
What does arriving from a British owned colony example from Grenada means.
Changing the laws on  approximately
50 '000 is bound to have some casualties.
The home office had no records of some  these people.  Think about that.
Well these people lives were turned upside down by the hands of man
There will be a backlash!!!
You got to try to understand UK fell in the pit also.
If some of these people are mad then society has created a set of people with mental problems themselves.
These are real people just like those who think they are not.
Who will pick up a person who came at a young age and put them in Yarlswood or it's likes? Surely there must be another way
They believed they could get away with it because blacks don't unite.

Last edited by Mary Seacole/deportees (Sep 12, 2018 7:08 am)

#6 Sep 12, 2018 7:38 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Don"t fool yourselves some people are bitter as gall , crys of racism not just from one person. AND the lies and cover up by those in charge all  case differs . They now realise they are wrong years!!! Later ?

#7 Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am

Expat
Active

Lets not get circular, I am understanding how unfair it seems, and I already stated that I think they should have been able to make exceptions. I do wonder if the Prime Minister as the Home Secretary did not even realise what the Beurocratic implementation of what may have seemed like a sensible hard line approach might have resulted in.

I would bet when the rule was created Theresa May may have had no idea that the Home office did not have adequate records.

Much of it boils down to the same 2 things. Poor Paperwork by the Government, and complacency by those that have become victims. You may have come as a British Citizen, but your country cut the rug out from under you by becoming independent, you were a national of which ever country it was you were not stateless, but you were residing in what your birth country made a foreign country...and you want to blame Britain?

I reiterate, some of those judgements seem very unfair.

Board footer