You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Expat
Active

RD its GM food time again

I really am not eloquent enough, or versed enough to really support my antithesis to GM foods, I have been averse them pretty much from the get go. Not because of change, or stopping breeding programs with grains etc, as mankind has been progressively changing grains for millenia.

However some of the weird additions to sundry foodstuffs just has to make you wonder, and crops that generate antibiotics in their pollen to blow up insect guts along with weed killer immunity which is now crossing the food chain via both the meat of animals that feed on it, via their feces when used as a fertilizer, and through into the human chain, through it's digestion across the umbilicus and milk into babies that have never crawled in a Monsanto field. The incidence of Autism is rising rapidly, and immune system issues gut issues and you name it issues which were never a problem back in the 1900's due to modifications to the grain that our digestive system can't cope with.

Infant mortality in America and maternal deaths are at surprising levels and rising in a country that spends so much on it's health care. Mind you, there is a theorem that the more visits you have with the medical profession the more likely you are to meet and early death, far more than shootings, drug deaths cancer etc combined. For sure most of the medicines given have serious adverse affect, easing one problem and exacerbating others. Eg  you have pain in the knee, and you get a cortisone injection to take down inflammation.... a natural part of the healing process, and the cortisone damages the joint it is there to help....So you are in less discomfort as you are crippled.

#2 Sep 11, 2018 10:24 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: RD its GM food time again

I'd say autism diagnoses  are increasing.  There were zero diagnoses before it was "discovered" in about 1940.  Now it is all the rage.

As for infant mortality, well, it doesn't have anything to do with GM foods since Iowa is the center of the GM industry and Iowa has among the lowest infant mortality rate in the US. Recently we are 50th out of 50 states.   About 10 states have rates similar to the UK.

Infant mortality in the US, I am sad to say, is primarily driven very high rates among African Americans.  Why? The mortality rate for infants of unmarried mothers is 73 percent higher than the rate for infants of married mothers.

The rest of your post is just speculation, hunches and intuition.  GM foods are making the world a better place and we should be thankful for them.

#3 Sep 12, 2018 8:09 am

Expat
Active

Having become flat earth smile

I may well have conjoined topics in my need to splurge.

Autism is, I believe primarily a by product of over vaccination, otherwise known as introducing toxins artificially into your system.

Back in the dark ages when I and possibly you were a boy, You got polio, BCG and maybe something else, now in America with a legally unaccountable drug company set up they are giving kids from birth around 18 vaccinations in America with a total of around 80 injections. Many of them at the same time. Where the disease is not a high risk illness, where contact and recovery is likely to build your immune system and with women make it more likely for that immunity to be passed to the child. Why introduce a toxin directly into the body that will be handled in the body in a different way to nature and be a totally independent one person only possible prevention. I cannot remember specifics, but I understand that in some of our third World countries the vaccines have been implemented, and the toxins that the body is supposed to fight against are excreted, and with sanitation not being what it might be in America the result was the population actually catching the disease some of them were inoculated against.

Not only have some of them not actually been fully tested on humans in some tests that were done with Ratus Ratus one vaccination on it's own during the very short trial produced no significant issues, Also another vaccination injected into another group same result. However when the put the two vaccines into another set or Ratus Ratus at the same time there was a 100% mortality.

I have seen video footage of your FDA sitting to agree on the use of a new vaccine, where there had been NO trials, and it was agreed that they should see how the numbers read after a 2 year period of use. Ergo the public is the test base.

The Current Polio Vaccine that America exports to much of the rest of the World is BANNED in America. How cynical is that.

Much of what I am waffling on about IS supported by statements in various Medical journals, and by this professor and that, I simply do not have it filed away ready to quote at nauseam.

During sundry sessions Chiropractic Doctor Bergman gives all the links to the critical references provided by venerable organisations.  Just cut and paste from the www, the app keeps on trying to load it, and it cant get the home page. www-www.youtube.com/channel/UC8RPuonNxq2lMb8zMvo7Xxw

I think some of what he says is overstated, but no where near as much as Uncle Trump.

Last edited by Expat (Sep 12, 2018 8:15 am)

#4 Sep 12, 2018 10:09 am

Real Distwalker
Active

The world is a lot better, healthier and longer living than when you were a kid.  I will stick with actual science while realizing that, at some point, death comes calling for us all.   

Read a few old newspapers about polio, measles, diphtheria, whooping cough, rubella, mumps, tetanus, rotavirus and Haemophilus influenzae and how they are unheard of today.  That alone should make you realize the benefits.  Science has improved human health in ways that were unimaginable to our grandparents.

Are their negatives?  Yeah, probably but the net effect is hugely positive.  If you need an appendectomy to save your life, you don't obsess over the fact that the scalpel cut was an injury.   You accept it as a small cost for a huge benefit!

#5 Sep 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Slice
Active

I know one ting for sure I ent eating beef that has been Modified, maybe once every five years. Julie  is modified and lord that mango is sweet , and ah love it bad, bad, bad.  Maybe it is the way it is done, ah doh know.

Since ah came back, I went to Whole foods and ah was looking to see what is the cost of Belmont Chocolate.  Not in store yet.

They had Tuna and Sword fish.  Tuna I paid $ec6.00 and Sword $ec8.00 in Greenz  Tuna was $us24.00 and Sword was $us19.00.

#6 Sep 12, 2018 3:14 pm

New Historian
Active

"Read a few old newspapers about polio, measles, diphtheria, whooping cough, rubella, mumps, tetanus, rotavirus and Haemophilus influenzae and how they are unheard of today.  That alone should make you realize the benefits."

What's all that got to do with GM foods? There wasn't HIV either, which also has nothing to do with GM foods.

Red herrings mate.

#7 Sep 12, 2018 5:18 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

What's all that got to do with GM foods?

Nothing and I didn't imply it did.  Expat added vaccines to the discussion and I was responding to that.  If someone went off topic with red herrings, it was Expat, not me.

#8 Sep 12, 2018 10:14 pm

New Historian
Active

Yes the gentleman in question is known to be partial to a herring dish or three! smile

But I have to agree with him: me no waan no food made up in a lab! And another factor is that the GM companies control the very lucrative seed industry. It's like American apples and Central American bananas: big and beautiful but tasteless!

#9 Sep 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Are you familiar with Golden Rice?  It is GMO rice that could spare hundreds of thousands of children from permanent blindness or death.  It was created by combining a gene from corn (maize) with rice. This allows the rice to create beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A, a necessary vitamin for human health.

Yet some people would rather see children suffer and die than concede that GMOs have a role in the world.   

http://www.goldenrice.org/Content3-Why/why.php

#10 Sep 13, 2018 12:30 pm

New Historian
Active

Point taken. I'm not religious on the subject, just a bit leery. More than a bit.

Board footer