You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 13, 2018 10:23 am

GMW
Active

Apartment 1478

Apartment 1478

Within that great freedom that I was promised,
I hid behind the closed door,
My blackness made me more visible,
My colour made everything white around me right, while I was wrong.
I took a blood bath within my haven,
My soul pierced with no regard of what was beneath an epidermis I didn’t choose!
Her face was painted with not just whiteness but with the law,
I had lost even before she took the gun to draw!
A life and destiny I toiled hard to maintain, my blackness made me lose.
I did not break any rules,
I did not cause any pain,
I did not overstep any boundaries,
I did not fight back.
Was I deserving of that hateful explosion within my chest?
While I was housed in my own fortress?
I hid behind the closed door,
But my blackness made me more visible.

#RIPBothamJean

By Alice L Medard

We're so beaten into submission these days real issues have become mundane. And sadly things will get worse as America is made "great again".

#2 Sep 13, 2018 11:06 am

GMW
Active

Re: Apartment 1478

The brother hails from St Lucia. I know a relative of his.

Saddening and sickening. Who cares if is was a crime of tabanka. Same shit.

#3 Sep 16, 2018 11:18 am

Dancer
Active

The brother from St Lucia  understands the problem we face.

#4 Sep 17, 2018 1:29 pm

GMW
Active

Dancer wrote:

The brother from St Lucia  understands the problem we face.

I think you mean he understood. The brother from St Lucia was murdered in his own apartment 1478. And like they did to Trayvon Martin, they trying to frame the dead man.What a world!

#5 Sep 18, 2018 9:41 am

Slice
Active

Because he was WI and you knew him does that make it easier or harder to understand? I said my piece on this story aready, ah waiting on the final results.

#6 Sep 18, 2018 2:11 pm

GMW
Active

Slice wrote:

Because he was WI and you knew him does that make it easier or harder to understand? I said my piece on this story aready, ah waiting on the final results.

\

Bro, my record on injustice of any kind has been consistently clear. West Indian or not. There is no justifiable reason for this female police officer to enter the man's apartment and murder him. Even if she had tabanka she obviously felt his life was less valuable than hers.

So what you waiting for? To somehow hear that she was somehow justified in shooting him? U know it's possible for them to concoct such a conclusion. They've done it many times before. And so then Slice will say see I told you so.

BS!

#7 Sep 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Slice
Active

Boy ah tink there are more to this story, ah din hear the TABANCA piece.  Now, now if it is Tabanca, then it ent racist. Boy one ting ah learn in Grenada, you see we West Indians, we love GOSSIPP, we does take the cat fell off the wall, to ah see with me own eyes, the cat eat the dog.  Ah young woman came to me house while in Grenada, twice in the day, and the next ting ah know, the whole village say ah screwing her.  BTW, she manresides less than half ah block down the street, plus he is ah big dude.  Me ah fraid the WI community as cat fraid Holy Water.  Another BT W, she look good, plus she only 25.

Last edited by Slice (Sep 19, 2018 1:58 pm)

Board footer