You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jan 27, 2017 8:36 am

Slice

SO EXPAT AS AN MAN IN THE KNOW

Why are there so many old vehicles on the streets in Grenada?  Ah mean how can anyone strip ah  vehicle in front he house taking up ah quarter of the road and leave it there for years?  Are there no laws in Grenada to make these folks pay?

Expat another concern,  Are there any laws in Grenada about using High Beams? Why do drivers see it necessary to always use their High Beams?  There are certain High beams that are banned in America, but not in Grenada, why?

Driving in Grenada, every time ah vehicle with High Beams is approaching ah have to stop. can you guys ask the government to ban the use of High beams.  It is not necessary to drive with High beams at all times.

If the government cares about tourism, they would do something about driving with High beams.  maybe ah need to figure it out, but ah was afraid to drive at night, simple because of High beams.  I was completely paralyze.

#2 Jan 27, 2017 10:10 am

New Historian

Re: SO EXPAT AS AN MAN IN THE KNOW

Stop being such ah damn wuss an' drive de car man! Why you wannabe JCBs does complain so lol??

#3 Jan 27, 2017 10:41 am

Slice

Ok, so you jus insulted me.  You can call me any damn thing in the world, but not ah JCB.  never ever want to be called that name.  I was not complaining about one thing, only asking for some Common sense solutions.  So you insulted me because ah ask for ah simple solutions.  BTW Grenadians living in Grenada are asking for the same thing, and they are also fed-up with my two concerns.

I guess you are guilty or driving with Super High beams  and maybe just maybe you also have ah ole vehicle, impeding the natural flow of traffic.

#4 Jan 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Slice

#5 Jan 27, 2017 2:56 pm

New Historian

LOL man doh fret, I'm sure you been called much worse than a JCB in your life, big LOL!! Man oh man if I got stressed at all the foolishness people does do back home, I'd be inviting a heart attack! The secret is: be rock-like; let the waters of vexatiousness just wash over you, like the stone in the stream... Ohhhmmm...

#6 Jan 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Expat

Slice wrote:

Why are there so many old vehicles on the streets in Grenada?  Ah mean how can anyone strip ah  vehicle in front he house taking up ah quarter of the road and leave it there for years?  Are there no laws in Grenada to make these folks pay?

Expat another concern,  Are there any laws in Grenada about using High Beams? Why do drivers see it necessary to always use their High Beams?  There are certain High beams that are banned in America, but not in Grenada, why?

Driving in Grenada, every time ah vehicle with High Beams is approaching ah have to stop. can you guys ask the government to ban the use of High beams.  It is not necessary to drive with High beams at all times.

If the government cares about tourism, they would do something about driving with High beams.  maybe ah need to figure it out, but ah was afraid to drive at night, simple because of High beams.  I was completely paralyze.

There are rules about leaving wrecks by the side of the road, and once in a very blue moon there is a clean up, but it is a very blue moon when it happens.

I don't know if there are any laws about high beams but many of the drivers are too stupid, ignorant, and indifferent to take any notice.

It doesn't even need to be a high beam.  Many many cars have old foggy headlamp lenses, and the overall glow is as bad as the high beam on a clear lens. Put a high beam through a foggy lens and it is oy loy loy.

I drive at night under protest, as for those that don't know. Older eyes take longer to recover from being dazzled. Fact.

I also made a point of getting the brightest standard buld I could find to make sure I am not the only one who is dazzled.

Add to that the latest HUD bulbs. When they get maladjusted due to an accident or old age, it is going to be worse again.

The Police are far too slack on the conditions covering vehicles.

They are more worried that you have dust on your engine than you have no shock absorbers worth talking about. They don't even check the vast majority of the danger points. If you have a crack in your number plate...... no where near any of the text. it is a fail.  If you have no lens on your brake lights, so long as the bulb works it is a pass.

Pathetic.

Unfortunately simply because you will get a migraine from banging your head against the wall, all you can do is shrug it off.  But it is appalling.

Board footer