You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 14, 2018 9:20 am

Slice
Active

I MADE AH DECISION NOT TO EAT FROM THE STREET VENDORS IN GRENADA,

I was doing very well, until I got spoiled when my in-law was visiting.  After I left I decided I ent cooking for awhile, so I bought food from the Street vendors, and then while out with me friends, they decided to stop and get some street food.  Would you know it I got E coli. Never me again eating street food in Grenada.  These folks do not wash their hands.  Anyway I am doing much better now.  Thank God I called one of the persons in Grenada and he had the same issues.  I was able to tell him what might be the problem and he got help.  Doing very well now.

#2 Sep 14, 2018 9:43 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: I MADE AH DECISION NOT TO EAT FROM THE STREET VENDORS IN GRENADA,

E coli?  Damn man, that can be serious.  Glad to hear you are feeling better.

#3 Sep 14, 2018 11:01 am

New Historian
Active

Good self-advice Slice! If those people have a chicken a few days past its sell-by date, you think they throwing that out? Hell no. Stay well friend.

#4 Sep 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

Good self-advice Slice! If those people have a chicken a few days past its sell-by date, you think they throwing that out? Hell no. Stay well friend.

At least you aint blaming the eggs...

I know from people who know them well that Country Cold store send stuff out and when it comes back partly defrosted it goes for sale from the shop. Also according to a trader I just spoke to they have the boxes outside... maybe on palette. But as you know, dogs just roam, and can and will sniff and lick, and pee on the boxes.

I don't know what they are like now, but back in the day I had the trotts a couple of times after eating Roti at Nutmeg. Twice was 2 too many times, never again will  they see my dollar, I believe many food outlets have bugger all idea about safe handling procedures of food. Simple things like keeping food at more than a certain temperature, not storing uncooked food over cooked food etc.

Last edited by Expat (Sep 14, 2018 12:51 pm)

#5 Sep 14, 2018 12:32 pm

New Historian
Active

The Brazilian chicken legs from CCS are HUGE, all steroided up and tasteless, not me boy.

#6 Sep 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

The Brazilian chicken legs from CCS are HUGE, all steroided up and tasteless, not me boy.

CCS? are we talking Amerikee or Grenada?

The Broilers here are nasty man. They eat themselves silly, become huge and can't bear there own weight, and have to be killed 8 - 12 weeks or they end up with bumble foot, and even issues with the chest because it is resting on the ground so much. Plus they poop as much as they eat, so its a stinking mess.

It's probably the same bird from Brazil. It is like trying to eat plasticky rubber injected with weak chicken flavour.

I don't know what breed IGA use, but they seem "normal" chickens but not yardfowl breed. Rather like regular chickens you might find in the supermarket in the UK. I have watched them delivered to IGA in big sealed plastic boxes... maybe 2 or 300 at a time.

Fair do's to IGA, they work at hygienic procedures. They wont even let you rest produce in feed bags on the ground, if the boss see's it you would have to take it away.

#7 Sep 14, 2018 3:11 pm

New Historian
Active

"I know from people who know them well that Country Cold store"

Hence: CCS? My bad

#8 Sep 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Slice
Active

Well ah do admire the owner, that man is in his 80s and does daily chores in his business.  Ah mean physical labor. He even build his own church, well not physically, but with his own money.  He looks really good for his age.  I am doing better I hope.

#9 Sep 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

Well ah do admire the owner, that man is in his 80s and does daily chores in his business.  Ah mean physical labor. He even build his own church, well not physically, but with his own money.  He looks really good for his age.  I am doing better I hope.

Good choice. you should have shit out your tripe!!!

Board footer