You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Jan 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Slice

Re: TWO TOPICES

OH GOSH, ah can't nothing that is raw inside.  I can't even eat clams.  I tried as hard as an can, but it ent going down.  They say Sea Egg is the easiest to eat raw and ah still can't eat it.

For me fully cook or nothing.

#12 Jan 28, 2017 4:36 pm

New Historian

Real Distwalker wrote:

That was the last live performance of the Beatles.  It was on a rooftop somewhere in London but not at Abbey Road Studios.   It was impromptu and the spectators are really random people.  In fact, the police are there responding to calls.   It really is an awesome clip.

It was on the roof of the Beatles' Apple Records office on Baker Street, and of course from the street you couldn't see them playing, but you could certainly hear them! Traffic came to a standstill, until the killjoy police went up to the roof and stopped it.

Remember it well, it was their swansong, it was downhill all the way after that. Their final album Abbey Road was an over-produced schmaltzy disaster.

#13 Jan 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Real Distwalker

New Historian wrote:

Remember it well, it was their swansong, it was downhill all the way after that. Their final album Abbey Road was an over-produced schmaltzy disaster.

Oh no!  The series Golden Slumbers, Carry that Weight, The End is one of my favorite in music history!   You are killing me...

#14 Jan 28, 2017 8:33 pm

New Historian

"Oh no!  The series Golden Slumbers, Carry that Weight, The End is one of my favorite in music history!   You are killing me..."

My bad, you're right Abbey Road was brilliant, I meant to say Let It Be. A sad fall from the brilliance of AR.

#15 Jan 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Real Distwalker

Whew.  That's a relief!  smile

#16 Jan 29, 2017 8:19 pm

Expat

If Tuna doesn't come in a tin it ain't Tuna. It's supposed to be grey and flaky.   Like you know nothing about good food.... wink

#17 Jan 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Real Distwalker

Expat wrote:

If Tuna doesn't come in a tin it ain't Tuna. It's supposed to be grey and flaky.   Like you know nothing about good food.... wink

Until I was well into my fourth decade of life, I really thought that.

#18 Jan 30, 2017 7:54 am

Slice

Expat wrote:

This might even irritate RD,  He is not your average American, RD has traveled and he knows better.

Expat also remember, RD lives in Well to do hood.  Poor American of every race, all they know is Lake trout.  What ah disgusting fish.  The damn thing taste like pure dirt.  One should see the lines, in a restaurant in Baltimore City that sells Lake Troup.

#19 Feb 05, 2017 10:17 pm

Expat

I guess lake trout in Amerikee, and trout .... from a river in the UK is pretty much the same thing?

River fish as far as I know tastes like dirt... had it once, wasn't impressed... but others would think it was the mutts nuts.

#20 Feb 05, 2017 11:48 pm

houston

Wow, never thought I would see one of the best music videos of all time on here, but hey, never know what to expect.
Thanks RD, that was cool.

Board footer