You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#21 Feb 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Real Distwalker

Re: TWO TOPICES

It really is one of the all time best.  I might even argue that it is THE best.

#22 Feb 06, 2017 11:57 pm

houston

A snowy day in London, Ontario.
Not quite as good, but it sure was fun to celebrate.

#23 Feb 11, 2017 3:31 pm

houston

Expat wrote:

I guess lake trout in Amerikee, and trout .... from a river in the UK is pretty much the same thing?

River fish as far as I know tastes like dirt... had it once, wasn't impressed... but others would think it was the mutts nuts.

Lake Trout is very good properly smoked.
Rainbow Trout is my favourite fish. Similar colour to Sockeye Salmon but a lighter texture of meat. Sockeye has great flavour also but can be heavy and dense like beef.

Easy BBQ recipe for Rainbow:
-soak a cedar plank in water for four hours.
-place a fillet or two on the plank, skin side down.
-sprinkle fish with lemmon pepper and fresh dill. Layer with sliced tomato and another sprinkle of dill.
-place on the BB for about 20 minutes and woolah.

Easy, delicious, delightful taste. Need at least 1/2 lb or one fillet per serving.

#24 Feb 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Real Distwalker

Thank you. I never got around to responding to Expat, but the idea that trout isn't good fish is just absurd. And not just trout, walleye is excellent fish. In fact, for the most part, the best tasting fish in the world, I think, is freshwater fish. One saying I have often heard is "freshwater fish for eating saltwater fish for sport".

Now, reasonable people can disagree on this, but they just say that river fish taste like dirt crazy.

#25 Feb 11, 2017 6:16 pm

houston

Walleye is delicious, here in Canada known as Pickerel.
A pricey fish to purchase at the market and double expensive on the catch of the day restaurant menu.
Fresh water Smelt can be a pain to clean, but are they ever good battered and fried up.

#26 Feb 11, 2017 6:34 pm

houston

Also RD, another tasty treat is fresh water Perch, the candy fish. So sweat to eat.

Board footer