You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 18, 2018 9:37 am

Slice
Active

SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

Ok ah bit about my politics.  I am voting for our Republican governor who is running against the X president of the NAACP. I just tink that our Governor Ben Hogan is doing ah great job.  (ah bet RD won't ever do dat)

Now the Supreme Court nominee is being held back because he tried to rape ah women, when he was drunk, and he was 17years ole. To me that should not be ah disqualifer.  I did plenty things when ah 17 that I am not proud about.  Yes ah  force meself on ah bunch ah women in Grenada, who never said yes, but they wanted it.  Even when the ting was inside ah dem and was enjoying it they were still saying stop.

Here is my other concern, if he did try to rape that woman and he lied, then he should  be disqualified from serving on the Supreme Court.

#2 Sep 18, 2018 10:45 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

Slice wrote:

Now the Supreme Court nominee is being held back because he tried to rape ah women, when he was drunk, and he was 17years ole.

Allegedly.  There is no hard evidence that it happened.  Maybe it did.  Maybe this is just a hack job to take the man down.  There is no way to tell.  If we allow it to take him down, it will breed hack jobs by the thousands.  Nobody will be safe.  All you have to do is make an unsubstantiated, unprovable accusation to destroy a man.

If he is completely innocont he has no way to prove it.  You can't prove a negative from 35 years ago.  From this point forward, millions of people will consider him guilty even if he is innocent.  That sucks.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Sep 18, 2018 11:03 am)

#3 Sep 18, 2018 10:46 am

Real Distwalker
Active

41968623_332240094213560_630166264618156032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=46def2dbf074a5dd9a9bf16056ac0ac8&oe=5C1628F4

#4 Sep 18, 2018 12:04 pm

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

Ok ah bit about my politics.  I am voting for our Republican governor who is running against the X president of the NAACP. I just tink that our Governor Ben Hogan is doing ah great job.  (ah bet RD won't ever do dat)

Now the Supreme Court nominee is being held back because he tried to rape ah women, when he was drunk, and he was 17years ole. To me that should not be ah disqualifer.  I did plenty things when ah 17 that I am not proud about.  Yes ah  force meself on ah bunch ah women in Grenada, who never said yes, but they wanted it.  Even when the ting was inside ah dem and was enjoying it they were still saying stop.

Here is my other concern, if he did try to rape that woman and he lied, then he should  be disqualified from serving on the Supreme Court.

Damn Slice man that's a pretty major admission, mind the gender police come for your ass! smile

#5 Sep 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Dancer
Active

At 17   ? If  of  sound mind . 
Of Course !.
Action , reaction.

#6 Sep 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

My God Slice have you any idea what you just wrote.

It seems from your very flexible moral outlook... Not so long ago you were feeling sorry for a pedophile if I recall correctly... that you would be better suited to wearing a bear skin tunic, and running around with a club.

Back in your day... although you seem to have not given up yet, there was this kinda convenient belief that no meant yes but I want to pretend I didn't want to.  Nowadays the boundaries are clearer. No means no. 1 inch from the hot spot or not. What you just described was multiple rapes.

#7 Sep 19, 2018 8:33 am

Slice
Active

I am ah pretty flexible guy.  My position is somewhere in the middle,  I am not hardcore on some issues. Listen if anyone of you on this forum especially guys, don't have something in your back ground you are not proud about, I would say something is wrong.  I am not ah saint.  I did things in my life that today I am not proud about. BTW I have no regrets about the women in my life.

Expat I am ah human, and feeling sorry for someone I knew very well and had some  fun with growing up, is human and if that is not the case with anyone, then ah really doh know what to say.  I did not excuse him for what he did, but rather said I was sorry and felt for him.

RD what if the woman is making a correct statement? I have said I am willing to forgive him for what happened about 40 years ago, but I am not going to forgive him, if he told ah BIG FAT UNTRUTH.

I am ah die hard democrate and give monies to the Democratic party, but I am willing to cross party lines, if and when ah feel like. I voted for Hillary. despite my feeling about her and  ah got Trump.

#8 Sep 19, 2018 4:30 pm

GMW
Active

I keep thinking about this 17 year double standard. In fact its much older than seventeen years. Its been going on forever. From the central park five, to Trayvon Martin, to Michael Brown, etc, etc, etc, etal, etal. I guess the difference is this 17 year old would-be scholar of a Judge didn't know better. Eh brother Slice? And even some of us buy that BS too. Hook line and sinker.

SMH!

#9 Sep 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

If it happened, he shouldn't be a SCOTUS justice.  There is, however, a presumption of innocence.  If he is innocent, then his good name is being destroyed by a political hack job.  It allegedly happened 36 years ago and he categorically denies it.   His accuser can't remember where it happened or even in what month it happened.  The witness she claims was there said it never happened.

This man may or may not be guilty but we will never know and he should be given a presumption of innocence.

#10 Sep 19, 2018 7:27 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

I am ah pretty flexible guy.  My position is somewhere in the middle,  I am not hardcore on some issues. Listen if anyone of you on this forum especially guys, don't have something in your back ground you are not proud about, I would say something is wrong.  I am not ah saint.  I did things in my life that today I am not proud about. BTW I have no regrets about the women in my life.

Expat I am ah human, and feeling sorry for someone I knew very well and had some  fun with growing up, is human and if that is not the case with anyone, then ah really doh know what to say.  I did not excuse him for what he did, but rather said I was sorry and felt for him.

RD what if the woman is making a correct statement? I have said I am willing to forgive him for what happened about 40 years ago, but I am not going to forgive him, if he told ah BIG FAT UNTRUTH.

I am ah die hard democrate and give monies to the Democratic party, but I am willing to cross party lines, if and when ah feel like. I voted for Hillary. despite my feeling about her and  ah got Trump.

Whether some one lies or tells the truth they should be held responsible if they get caught. The courts already reduce sentences for admission of guilt. What difference does it make if it happened five minutes or 50 years ago the pain and mental suffering.... depending on crime... was exactly the same. The treatment of the assailant should be exactly the same.

I guess you would feel sorry for the guy if it was YOUR child he abused?   REALLY????  BULL- Sheite. You would hate his guts til the day you die.

Board footer