You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Sep 20, 2018 9:27 am

Slice
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

Real Distwalker wrote:

If it happened, he shouldn't be a SCOTUS justice.  There is, however, a presumption of innocence.  If he is innocent, then his good name is being destroyed by a political hack job.  It allegedly happened 36 years ago and he categorically denies it.   His accuser can't remember where it happened or even in what month it happened.  The witness she claims was there said it never happened.

This man may or may not be guilty but we will never know and he should be given a presumption of innocence.

All I am going to say, is that she have the Republicans in turmoil, and seriously they ent going to win this one.  They will be punished at the polls for this one.
They will get their judge, but it will be at ah price.  She have dem in ah real pickle.  Very smarth move on her path.

#12 Sep 20, 2018 9:37 am

Slice
Active

GMW wrote:

I keep thinking about this 17 year double standard. In fact its much older than seventeen years. Its been going on forever. From the central park five, to Trayvon Martin, to Michael Brown, etc, etc, etc, etal, etal. I guess the difference is this 17 year old would-be scholar of a Judge didn't know better. Eh brother Slice? And even some of us buy that BS too. Hook line and sinker.

SMH!

But wait this is not ah racial cast what the hell Michael Brown and dem have to do with this case? Is like you sleep walking.  To me it is not fair for something that happened when ah was 17 to come back and bite me ARSE.  Listen one of the issues we discussed while in Spice was women, we dealt with at that age.  The women never ever said yes, but we forced our selves on them and got it once it was in dem.
Boy you know how many people fruits ah steal at 17.  How many times ah hunted when hunting was illegal.  How many times ah try to see ah girl private parts when she was bathing.  Our whole village used to bath in ah place called the Springs, if ah was approaching and ah see ah woman bathing, ah use to hide and maco her while she was bathing and you know when the ting get hard wha used to happen.  Blaming anyone for something he or she did at 17 is just not right.

#13 Sep 20, 2018 11:37 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

All I am going to say, is that she have the Republicans in turmoil, and seriously they ent going to win this one.

And once again the bar is lowered.  Some day there will be a Democrat president like Obama who will nominate a Supreme Court Justice and some right-winger will invent a 35 year old claim of sexual assault to destroy his good name.  His name will be dragged through the mud and he will be publicly humiliated.  Like Kavanaugh, he won't be able to disprove it.  You can't prove a negative and especially a 36 year old one.

The result will be that no good person will want to agree to go through the process.  No matter who you are, accusations will be made.  You won't be able to disprove them.  They will destroy your good name.  Tens of millions of people will believe them.

Most people will say "to hell with that noise" and we will lose any ability to recruit good people.

So, you are right.  Republicans are going to lose this one because Americans are going to lose this one.

#14 Sep 20, 2018 1:46 pm

GMW
Active

>>But wait this is not ah racial cast what the hell Michael Brown and dem have to do with this case? Is like you sleep walking.<<

Is it that far-fetched or difficult to grasp Slice? Thank God your lil black behind survived your youthful misdeeds. Other weren't as fortunate.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/19/opinions … index.html

>>Blaming anyone for something he or she did at 17 is just not right.<<

Do you feel the same way about the 17 year old Texas mass murderer?

U're a funny hombre!

#15 Sep 21, 2018 9:57 am

Slice
Active

GOSH! man, your intelligence is not working.  OK lets use Common sense then, Be honest how would yo compare yourself todat as compared to when you were 17?  Man we all make ah bunch ah mistakes at that age.  At that age ah was ah dread and smoke ah bunch ah herb.  At 17 ah man bust me head in ah Rum shop in Champfleur, because ah thought ah was screwing he woman.  Today that is one of my best friends in Grenada.

Watch my argument, it is only about personal decision we made at that age.  Hope you got it.  It is not about racism, neither about police brutality or slavery.

Last edited by Slice (Sep 21, 2018 9:58 am)

#16 Sep 21, 2018 10:38 am

GMW
Active

>>It is not about racism, neither about police brutality or slavery.<<

But of course comrade. These things only exist below my bed' LOL

>>Emmett Louis Till (July 25, 1941 – August 28, 1955) was a young African-American who was lynched in Mississippi in 1955 at the age of 14, after being accused of offending a white woman in her family's grocery store. The brutality of his murder and the fact that his killers were acquitted drew attention to the long history of violent persecution of African Americans in the United States.<<

Sorry to sneak that one in there. It has nothing to do with nothing plus it was a long time ago.  Not so long. And his lynchers was under 18. Maybe.  LOL.

U know, Bloke, I can suggest to you that your views on crucial issues are less than myopic. But I won't say that.

#17 Sep 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

There is no statute of limitations for sexual assault in Maryland.  Why doesn't this woman swear out a warrant for Kavanaugh's arrest?  Once she makes a sworn statement, an investigation would begin.  This is the obvious approach.  Why doesn't she do it?  I get the feeling she doesn't want to make a statement under oath that carries a penalty of perjury for false statements.

#18 Sep 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Vanni
Active

Then, there are other points of view, which make me wonder:

Quoting excerpts:

"Attorney For Kavanaugh Accuser Christine Blasey Ford Was A Fundraiser For The Hillary Clinton Campaign.
This entire sordid affair is a delay tactic
Democrats can’t win enough elections to reclaim power so their default position is to gum up the works as long and as often as possible in order to deny the electoral majority the government they voted for."

I do not know the truth, but I am wondering, as I am noticing some repetitions of situations. Is the bad guy systematically the one toward whom the finger is pointed, or could the one pointing the finger have something to reproach to himself? Lots of things are going on, for the better as well as for the worse, which we may want to scrutinise in order to reach behind appearances. We may also want to do our best to be as little emotional as possible, as this is presently the way we are getting manipulated via spectacularism.

Last edited by Vanni (Sep 21, 2018 12:33 pm)

#19 Sep 21, 2018 10:43 pm

houston
Active

I posted this story a while back. Not an American story so not much interest.
Brown's life was ruined by anonymous accusers. He was on the threshold of winning a majority party but then down went Brown just like that.
He has since launched multi million dollar law claims against the news outlet that published the story without any type of investigation.
A false broadcast invented by anyone is all it takes to bring any public figure down. Something not right with that.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4503040

#20 Sep 21, 2018 10:54 pm

houston
Active

Slice, what age are you?
Seems like a 17 year old talking at times.
Oh yes, rapists do tend to think that their victims enjoyed the assault.

Board footer