You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#31 Sep 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

If you say that, when I was in high school, I don't know, I robbed a liquor store, the burden of proof is on you.  If all you do is make the claim, then you have not satisfied the burden and we should assume it never happened.]

If, however, you produce witnesses and video evidence, then I have to respond.  That's why we have cross examination.  If I can produce proof that I wasn't in the same state as the liquor store and that there was a local criminal, who looked like me, then maybe I responded adequately.  If I can'd do any of that, then maybe there is enough evidence to convict me.

So far at least, this woman has produced no evidence whatsoever.  Unless she can produce some evidence for him to respond to, the affair should be ended and he should be assumed innocent.

#32 Sep 24, 2018 9:17 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

There is no statute of limitations for sexual assault in Maryland.  Why doesn't this woman swear out a warrant for Kavanaugh's arrest?  Once she makes a sworn statement, an investigation would begin.  This is the obvious approach.  Why doesn't she do it?  I get the feeling she doesn't want to make a statement under oath that carries a penalty of perjury for false statements.

The word on the street, is it might be coming.  Now explain the other two women who has just come forward.  This guy is no Alter boy. It seems he once was ah FRIGGING drunk and he did cray stuff. I was prepared to forgive him for the one case, but more of his class mates are coming out and speaking towards the madness of his appointment to the SC  They are going to pull him, watch

#33 Sep 24, 2018 9:24 am

Slice
Active

GMW wrote:

>>It is not about racism, neither about police brutality or slavery.<<

But of course comrade. These things only exist below my bed' LOL

>>Emmett Louis Till (July 25, 1941 – August 28, 1955) was a young African-American who was lynched in Mississippi in 1955 at the age of 14, after being accused of offending a white woman in her family's grocery store. The brutality of his murder and the fact that his killers were acquitted drew attention to the long history of violent persecution of African Americans in the United States.<<

Sorry to sneak that one in there. It has nothing to do with nothing plus it was a long time ago.  Not so long. And his lynchers was under 18. Maybe.  LOL.

U know, Bloke, I can suggest to you that your views on crucial issues are less than myopic. But I won't say that.

When the hell you write ah book on Racism in America and also why you hate White folks so damn much?  Ah swear ah white take you woman.  Doh worry PADNAH, Grenada have plenty nice woman black and white.  For carnival, you should see how much ah dem was asking to be taken.  This carnival was my first in over 35 years and lord what fun it was.  Ah know Expat go be fussing, but it so sweet to be ah older man and know that them younger women in Grenada preference is the older guy coming from Abroad.  The key word here is coming from either England or America.

#34 Sep 24, 2018 10:33 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

Now explain the other two women who has just come forward.

Zero evidence.  None.  It takes more than an accusation.  Damn man!  Anybody can accuse anybody of anything!  This is preposterous!   This is a highly political issue and people with a known leftist political bent are trying to destroy a conservative man!  You know and I know that there are people willing to do this sort of shit.

Maybe Kavanaugh did these things.  Maybe he didn't.  Maybe you spent the 70s buggering little boys in Grenada.  No, there isn't a scintilla of evidence that ever happened.   Should people believe that about you just because somebody said it?  Hell no they shouldn't!!! 

Accusations without evidence are meaningless and you should be presumed innocent of any accusation that carries not a shred of evidence.

#35 Sep 24, 2018 10:53 am

GMW
Active

>>When the hell you write ah book on Racism in America and also why you hate White folks so damn much?<<

Its pretty fucked up of you to accuse me of hating white folks because of I detest racial and all forms of injustice. Frankly I hear you espouse real hateful stuff towards people you don't like and I don't accuse you of anything. That is disrespectful and frankly its the kind of tactics "they've" used to pit us against each other.

With negroes like you talking that way all they need to do is sit back and smirk.

#36 Sep 24, 2018 5:46 pm

gripe
Active

RD, don't get off track now with the ridiculous example that you gave -- re Kavanaugh and Grenada -- that obviously has no bearing on the reality of the controversy (even though I understand your point). Still, extremes are not needed in this debate lest you appear to be clutching at straws as the Kavanaugh ship seems to be sinking. Try to stay within the parameters of the issues that Kavanaugh faces.

At this point, you should not run from the fact that other accusers are emerging. This drives a huge nail into one of Kavanaugh's apologists' arguments that a pattern of the Ford-like behaviors does not exist. Now, RD, little by little, drip, drip, drip other very similar allegations have surfaced. A key part of the narrative is Kavanaugh's (characteristic) drunken stupor! People do crazy things under those conditions!

So, RD, hold your horses and let's wait out the process . . . to the end!

Last edited by gripe (Sep 24, 2018 5:47 pm)

#37 Sep 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

His ship may be sinking but that is unfair bullshit.  In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, a person should be presumed innocent.  Period.

This used to be something on which everyone agreed.  SMH.

#38 Sep 24, 2018 6:21 pm

gripe
Active

RD, the "presumed innocent" requirement is fully endorsed by me for reasons beyond Kavanaugh. Again, let's see what emerges at the end of this process.

#39 Sep 24, 2018 9:49 pm

New Historian
Active

The opposite of presumed innocence is presumed lying of the accuser(s). As more accusers come forward, that presumption becomes increasingly difficult to swallow.

#40 Sep 24, 2018 10:29 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

The opposite of presumed innocence is presumed lying of the accuser(s). As more accusers come forward, that presumption becomes increasingly difficult to swallow.

Nonsense.  There are probably thousands of women willing to say anything that needs to be said to derail a conservative Supreme Court Justice.  There still isn't a single shred of evidence that anything they are claiming is true.  As of tonight, not a single sworn statement has been made.   It is all just allegations without any evidence at all.

It wasn't hard to find a jury of 12 white southern men during Jim Crow to convict a black man of any crime without any evidence at all.  That's the world we live in now.  It is just as easy to find women to convict Kavanaugh the same way: No evidence needed.

Board footer