You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#41 Sep 24, 2018 10:49 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

Why are you prejudging the issue? What's your bias? As if I have to ask. There's no smoke without fire, and right now there's a lot of smoke, so let the pebbles fall where they will. Why all of a sudden you afraid of allegations of sexual misconduct seeing the light of day? You, and all your fellow Repubs just show that your "embracing" of women's rights and the #MeToo crap is just that - crap. Trump represents the most vile aspects of uber-macho behavior, so of course Kavanaugh is going to get a pass by all the Repubs for a few "teenage hi-jinks" What's the big deal? So he groped a chick or ten - hehe didn't we all?

#42 Sep 24, 2018 10:54 pm

gripe
Active

RD, why be so convinced about Kavanaugh's innocence because he denies the allegations, and be so doubtful about the allegations and the accusers who have stated that the events happened? I want to believe that you have no first-hand knowledge of what happened. So, don't you think that the persons making the accusations have more at stake, and more able to state their positions, than you, from a far distance away, pronouncing so vehemently, that Kavanaugh is innocent?

By the way, a sworn statement (I assume you mean both verbal and written) while usable as evidence does not mean that it is true. I note that Kavanaugh's denials about the allegations have not been made under oath. Impose on him, then, the need to make sworn denials of the accusations. As you know, RD, folks get themselves in trouble all the time, committing perjury, with their false verbal and written sworn statements.

It is the truthfulness, the credibility, of the evidence that matters. Vehement statements, with a straight face and even accompanied by tears, don't make lies facts.

#43 Sep 24, 2018 11:22 pm

New Historian
Active

It is the truthfulness, the credibility, of the evidence that matters. Vehement statements, with a straight face and even accompanied by tears, don't make lies facts.

That's what American politics is all about: grand theatre and grandstanding.

#44 Sep 24, 2018 11:41 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I don't know he is innocent.  All people deserve the presumption of innocence until proved guilty... or at least some evidence is presented that they are guilty.   I hate that somebody can just make an unsupported accusation and people are willing to destroy a man's good name over it.

#45 Sep 24, 2018 11:51 pm

GMW
Active

When it came to denouncing Trump as vehemently as he did Obama RD claimed he had no interest in getting worked up about these things like he did before. In the Kavanaugh issue he seems to have gotten his balls back. So his silence on Trump must not be for the reasons that he's stated. Based on what he's said here over the years I don't think he hold's much opposition to Trump agenda maybe only the style of this really vile human being.

#46 Sep 25, 2018 12:06 am

New Historian
Active

Ohh dayum, are you watching all this stuff coming tumbling out? Your boy is TOAST. Frat brat scum.

#47 Sep 25, 2018 7:27 am

Slice
Active

GMW wrote:

>>When the hell you write ah book on Racism in America and also why you hate White folks so damn much?<<

Its pretty fucked up of you to accuse me of hating white folks because of I detest racial and all forms of injustice. Frankly I hear you espouse real hateful stuff towards people you don't like and I don't accuse you of anything. That is disrespectful and frankly its the kind of tactics "they've" used to pit us against each other.

With negroes like you talking that way all they need to do is sit back and smirk.

But wait ah minute here, you know actions speak louder than words. Just saying. PADNAH, not once did I say racism is not here to stay, and I do think it is here to stay, but I am not going to preach hatred. Look PADNAH, I always make my own mind up, folks do not influence me easily, unless you bring facts.  No one is going to put us apart.  I respect you and love you as ah PADNAH, but I think we agree to disagree on some issues.

#48 Sep 25, 2018 7:38 am

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

Ohh dayum, are you watching all this stuff coming tumbling out? Your boy is TOAST. Frat brat scum.

He's not "my boy".  I just hate that he is being treated like he is guilty when there is absolutely, positively zero evidence he did anything wrong.

GMW: I really despise Trump but I am still a conservative.  I didn't become a liberal.  I just am tired of politics.  Kavanaugh is being destroyed by the politics of personal destruction.  That sucks.

#49 Sep 25, 2018 7:42 am

GMW
Active

>>But wait ah minute here, you know actions speak louder than words.<<

That is soooo true. That's why I don't think you understand what the hell you mean by that. My ACTIONS?

Dude, I could accuse you have hating blacks in Baltimore or America. I could accuse you of hating KCM, etc, etc, etc. But I won't.

What you accuse me of (and you've spared that kind of vitriol for few TS posters) PADNAH or no Padnah, tells me you're seriously mixed up about FACTS.

#50 Sep 25, 2018 7:57 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Look, I consider myself a reasonable man and have been vehemently anti-Trump, but this clown show from the Democrats and their media cohorts is sickening.

Board footer