You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#51 Sep 25, 2018 11:12 am

Dancer
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

GMW .  Its all twisted . Blaming Democrats , the media , liberals and the list goes on .
It is not about country its about me . 'look around'
HOW ABOUT SOME JUSTICE FOR ALL.
Now  you would think  they are trying to get a JUDGE that is  good for  all  its citizens. Is that the case ?
We must disengage  from USA thinking. Its not healthy.
Who wants trump as a dinner guest ?   Not too many.

#52 Sep 25, 2018 2:17 pm

GMW
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Look, I consider myself a reasonable man and have been vehemently anti-Trump, but this clown show from the Democrats and their media cohorts is sickening.

Yeah, so what you think about the "Renate Alumnius"? U don't think it worth knowing. Rushing the process along with only 10% of his resume, doesn't that smell stink? Look at what we're finding out now. Whose fault that he was part of "Renate Alumnius"? Teh Dems? Stupes.

Oh, on another note, Bill Cosby will be sentenced soon. His situation started out with 35yr old accusations also. U feel for him? At least we won't be stuck with Bill for the next 35+ plus years possibly. Funny, isn't it?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/busi … enate.html

#53 Sep 25, 2018 2:52 pm

gripe
Active

GMW, if you have followed this thread and in particular my questioning of RD (and others like him here on the Kavanaugh debacle), you would see that I've raised the Cosby matter more than once and invited a response from RD (and his like-minded others).  As you would see, RD is convinced that Kavanaugh, the poor guy in RD's eyes, is being smeared and being treated horribly and unfairly. RD is doing so unapologetically. Yet, RD has conveniently avoided responding to the Cosby parallel. How could one consider RD to be credible if he is being selective with his outrage?

#54 Sep 25, 2018 2:52 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

GMW wrote:

Yeah, so what you think about the "Renate Alumnius"?

What?  High school boys all claim they dated the same girl?  You find this shocking?  The man said he was a virgin until years after high school.  You are worried the high school boys claim conquests they didn't make?   Always.  Everywhere.  You too I am guessing.

GMW wrote:

His situation started out with 35yr old accusations also.

They started with 10 or 12 year old accusations with evidence and sworn statements.  There is no similarity. 

If you are looking for parallels, here is your parallel.

Daily Mail wrote:

Female blogger is ordered to pay US Army colonel she accused of rape $8.4million in damages after he claimed the false allegations cost him a sparkling military career

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … llion.html

#55 Sep 25, 2018 2:58 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

gripe wrote:

Yet, RD has conveniently avoided responding to the Cosby parallel.

The charges against Bill Cosby were only about ten years old when they were made.  Not 35 years.

The women told people what happened at the time giving them credibility.  No such evidence has been presented regarding Kavanagh.

Women where able to give details of what happened including where and when.  No such evidence has been presented regarding Kavanagh.  Ford can't even say where and when.

The women who charged Cosby had witnesses that they were together.  The woman charging Kavanaugh hasn't produced a single witness who will even say the party in question occured.

Cosby was a man in his 50s, 60s and 70s. The accusations against Kavanaugh are made at a time when he was a juvenile.

The statements from the women about Cosby were made under oath and cross examination.  No such statements were made about Kavanaugh.

The accusations against Cosby weren't made in a manner that tried to impact national policy.  The women attacking Kavanaugh oppose him being appointed for political reasons.

Need I go on?

Cosby isn't close to a parallel situation.  Here is your parallel situation...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … llion.html

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Sep 25, 2018 3:02 pm)

#56 Sep 25, 2018 3:08 pm

GMW
Active

>>High school boys all claim they dated the same girl? <<

Now that's when your BS interpretation of 9 very bright, privileged young men older than the CENTRAL PARK FIVE bragged of gang banging a young lady whose name they mention 14 times in their year book.

If it was your daughter what you feel the same as how choose to interpret now? I heard your depiction of the "Renate Alumnius" on FOX by the way.

#57 Sep 25, 2018 3:18 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

They didn't brag they raped anyone.  They said they were "Renate Alumnus".   That means they all had experience with the same hot chick.  Sure, it implies sex but it doesn't say it explicitly.   It could also mean they all dated her.

Seriously, high school boys claiming to have all bagged the same chick in a cryptic way shocks you?   Never mind.  I know it doesn't shock you in the least.  You aren't that effete.

#58 Sep 25, 2018 3:42 pm

GMW
Active

>>I know it doesn't shock you in the least.  You aren't that effete.<<

LOL. What a comparison!

If I held the decisive power over whether every single American citizen can take a shit when they want to for the next 30 odd years I would certainly think it is proper and fitting to hold me to a higher standard. We're talking about 9 people here. Not even a few good men/women.

Come on now!

#59 Sep 25, 2018 3:44 pm

gripe
Active

RD, I see that it is very difficult to get you to be reasonable and concede when it is clearly appropriate to do so. You are making very feeble arguments to distinguish the Cosby matter from Kavanaugh's. For example, the idea that Kavanaugh's requires more sympathy because, in your words, "The accusations against Cosby weren't made in a manner that tried to impact national policy" is just ridiculous. Are you setting the standard that national policy is more important than a person's liberty when faced with long-ago charges that you, for Kavanaugh, found to be an outrage? There is another way to view that sorry excuse, RD: A Black man's plight has little importance because it does not rise to the level of national prominence. Horrible, RD, just horrible!

In terms of the actual prosecution of Mr. Cosby, it is quite convenient that you did not mention that the Cosby prosecution was a personal vendetta of the DA in Montgomery County, PA. See the story here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor … c593ab7b53  Here is part of what that DA said as part of his vendetta to overturn the former DA's decision not to prosecute Cosby:

'“You made a choice to take it forward, to fight for victims, to fight for people who have been the subject of crimes,” Steele told supporters after his victory. “And that is where I will continue to make a difference every day. … We’re going to take a great office, and we’re going to make it greater.” His office charged Cosby the next month."

Were you not aware of that situation, RD? Or, did you forget that it was a sore issue? Would you feel comfortable were this to have occurred with someone like Kavanaugh?

I repeat: be fair!

#60 Sep 25, 2018 4:09 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

gripe wrote:

Are you setting the standard that national policy is more important than a person's liberty when faced with long-ago charges that you, for Kavanaugh, found to be an outrage?

Of course not.  I am saying the women accusing Kavanaugh have a strong motive for lying.  They don't want Kavanaugh to be confirmed and they are taking part in a hack job to that end.   That is a difference.  Cosby's accusers had no ulterior motive.  Kavanaugh's accusers have an obvious and credible ulterior motive.  It is obvious.

I am being fair.  I didn't follow the details of the Cosby case.  If they convicted him without evidence, without witnesses, without sworn statements and without cross examination, then he was effectively lynched and that is a travesty.  That's what they are trying to do to Kavanaugh.

I bet Ford won't even testify at all.  She doesn't want to take a chance on perjuring herself.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Sep 25, 2018 4:09 pm)

Board footer