You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#61 Sep 25, 2018 4:12 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

GMW wrote:

If I held the decisive power over whether every single American citizen can take a shit when they want to for the next 30 odd years I would certainly think it is proper and fitting to hold me to a higher standard

And the standard you are promoting is this: No person can be appointed to the Supreme Court if someone makes a claim they committed a crime at any point in their life.  No evidence need be presented.  No witnesses need come forward.  No oaths need be made.  No cross examination is necessary.  All that need occur is someone write and email that makes such a claim and that person can no longer be a Supreme Court Justice.

That is the "standard" you are promoting.

Offline

#62 Sep 25, 2018 4:35 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

For the record, Andrea Constand first filed her suit against Cosby in 2005 regarding a 2004 assault.  That was the case for which he was sentenced today.

Offline

#63 Sep 25, 2018 4:43 pm

Slice
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

now this are two very different situations.  I am very sorry for Cosby, because of his age.  I think the judge should be more lenient. The man 80 plus years.  GEE him ah break.  Rd do you wonder why these accusations never came up in the Gossage hearing? I think Bret was ah sexual predator at ah very young age, maybe he has changed, but still I am prepared for forgive him, because it happened ah very long time ago. I am however not going to forgive him, if he lied.  Now there are folks who knew him are saying, yes that was him.  He was ah sex predator and also ah drunk.

To clear his name, why don't he want the FBI involved?  When asked that question on Trump tv yesterday, he dodged the question.

Offline

#64 Sep 25, 2018 4:49 pm

gripe
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

Here is my mantra, in summary: let fairness reign for everyone, now and always!

Offline

#65 Sep 25, 2018 4:49 pm

GMW
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

Real Distwalker wrote:

And the standard you are promoting is this: No person can be appointed to the Supreme Court if someone makes a claim they committed a crime at any point in their life.  No evidence need be presented.  No witnesses need come forward.  No oaths need be made.  No cross examination is necessary.  All that need occur is someone write and email that makes such a claim and that person can no longer be a Supreme Court Justice.

That is the "standard" you are promoting.

NO RD you know better than that. Who is stopping the FBI from investigating the women's claims? Hint: Not the democrats.

Offline

#66 Sep 25, 2018 4:49 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

I am presuming Kavanaugh is innocent until some kind of evidence is presented that he is not innocent.  That is what decent people do.

Offline

#67 Sep 25, 2018 4:52 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

GMW wrote:

[Who is stopping the FBI from investigating the women's claims? Hint: Not the democrats.

It's not the FBI's jurisdiction.  It is the jurisdiction of the State of Maryland.  There is no statute of limitations on sexual assault in Maryland.  What is keeping this Ford woman from swearing out a warrant for the arrest of Bret Kavanaugh?  She can do it any time she wants.   

What is stopping her?

I have a theory:  Swearing out a warrant would put her at risk of committing perjury.  I bet she doesn't testify for the same reason.

By the way the second Kavanaugh accuser refusing to talk to Congress.  Why?  Because lying under oath gets you sent to prison.   So the second accuser's claim is just so much bullshit.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Sep 25, 2018 4:54 pm)

Offline

#68 Sep 25, 2018 4:53 pm

GMW
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

Real Distwalker wrote:

For the record, Andrea Constand first filed her suit against Cosby in 2005 regarding a 2004 assault.  That was the case for which he was sentenced today.

Well there you go screwing up your own argument. She was not the first to file suit against Bill. Her's was the one that stuck.

What happens if the same scenario were to play out with kavanaugh? Who would be able to touch him wearing his life robe to decide the fate of all of America?

Oh pa-lease!

Offline

#69 Sep 25, 2018 4:57 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

GMW wrote:

She was not the first to file suit against Bill. Her's was the one that stuck.

It is the one he is going to prison for.  Wasn't that your point? 

Ford should go for it.  She should swear out a civil case against Kavanaugh.  She should open herself to discovery and cross examination.  She should make statements under oath and submit herself to defense depositions.   That is what Constand did.  WTF is Ford waiting for?

Offline

#70 Sep 25, 2018 7:07 pm

houston
Active

Re: SHOULD I BE BLAMED FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENNED WHEN AH WAS 17?

gripe wrote:

Here is my mantra, in summary: let fairness reign for everyone, now and always!

Are you say that Cosby was not treated fairly?
He is a very wealthy person with the ability to pay for legal counsel that most of us can only dream of.
He had his days in court.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB