You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Sep 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: A 3rd woman accuses De Virgin Kavanaugh!

Expat wrote:

I aint presuming he is guilty, but I am sure as hell not turning a blind eye to the possibility that he may not be innocent..

Neither am I.  If I see evidence that he is guilty I will change my 'presumption of innocence' to 'reasonable evidence of guilt.'

As for overturning Roe, it isn't like Kavanaugh is the only judge that takes a literal view of the Constitution.  If Kavanaugh is withdrawn, another will be named.

#12 Sep 27, 2018 7:19 am

GMW
Active

RD wrote

>>Sometimes people lie.<<

Yeeessss! Even people fight tooth and nails to serve on the highest court in the land who maybe be lying on the behalf of a lot pf powerful lobbies who hand picked him for specific reasons.

Go ahead and vote republican papa. You values are much more in line with Donald Trump's than with any Democrat in the land  even though he embarrasses you and the rest of the pack most times.

btw: I see you're coming into your own again.

#13 Sep 27, 2018 7:21 am

GMW
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
New Historian wrote:

WHY DO YOU AUTOMATICALLY PRESUME THEY ARE LYING?

I automatically presume he is innocent because that it what decent human beings do.

LOL. Did you feel that way about OJ Simpson?

#14 Sep 27, 2018 7:37 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

I aint presuming he is guilty, but I am sure as hell not turning a blind eye to the possibility that he may not be innocent..

Neither am I.  If I see evidence that he is guilty I will change my 'presumption of innocence' to 'reasonable evidence of guilt.'

As for overturning Roe, it isn't like Kavanaugh is the only judge that takes a literal view of the Constitution.  If Kavanaugh is withdrawn, another will be named.

Yes but we wont see any evidence unless there is some form of examination of the facts presented by these women. As I do not have any personal investment in the outcome, I am only talking as an interested party, who admittedly finds more of the Democratic ideology attractive than the Republican. That said, I like you do not think an enormous bureaucratic megalith is needed by any nation. I do however think instead of lynch parties we need Government to regulate the Law, and help the country to function in a unified way for the people by elected members of the people. And while taxes were originated to help Kings fight other Kings, nowadays they help the cogs to rotate.

Returning closer to the point, the committee should apply the brakes and at least an attempt should be made to find out if the allegations are true. How does the judiciary cope if they have a life member judge who is finally found to actually be a conspirator/enabler to gang rape?

What goes around comes around, the Republican treatment of that Obama proposed judge was crappy. Do so doh like so.

#15 Sep 27, 2018 8:23 am

New Historian
Active

GMW wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:
New Historian wrote:

WHY DO YOU AUTOMATICALLY PRESUME THEY ARE LYING?

I automatically presume he is innocent because that it what decent human beings do.

LOL. Did you feel that way about OJ Simpson?

Words from my mouth, did you assume that Cosby was innocent too? Weinstein? Heck, Chafrlie Manson?

#16 Sep 27, 2018 8:51 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I presume everybody is innocent until evidence indicates otherwise.  Good evidence overrides any presumptions.

#17 Sep 27, 2018 8:56 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

Returning closer to the point, the committee should apply the brakes and at least an attempt should be made to find out if the allegations are true.

I agree.  They can't appoint him with these allegations hanging out there.  He needs to be cleared to be appointed.

That said, a reasonable explanation as to what is going on is that this is a hack job to keep the Senate from confirming him until after the November election.  If this is that then delaying is to reward dirty deeds and political corruption.  The Democrats put the allegations out there to delay and a delay is what they will get.  If the allegations are false, this is a damned travesty.

#18 Sep 27, 2018 9:08 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I don't think the Democrats expect these ludicrous accusations against Kavanaugh to stick. They just want to throw a blizzard of bullshit at him to delay a vote on confirmation until after the November elections. Their hope is that, if they gain a couple of seats, they can oppose him or whoever is nominated with more traditional objections.

They are winning. With the shit storm raging, the Republicans don't have the votes to confirm him. The Republicans are going to have to convince the public that Kavanaugh is innocent of the charges or jettison him... and soon.

#19 Sep 27, 2018 11:52 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I watched some of the hearing. It is going to be like the Somme.  It is a bloodbath in which neither side is going to win or lose.

Ugliness.

#20 Sep 27, 2018 12:33 pm

GMW
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I watched some of the hearing. It is going to be like the Somme.  It is a bloodbath in which neither side is going to win or lose.

Ugliness.

Yeah? You Did? And U think she is lying, mistaken, under the influence of Democrats or acting?

Do you think she has lots to gain in this? More than the conservative lobby and Kavanaugh himself?

SHAKING MY HEAD!

Board footer