You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#41 Sep 27, 2018 5:01 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: A 3rd woman accuses De Virgin Kavanaugh!

New Historian wrote:

WHY would this professional career woman put herself in the public eye, and in the cross-hairs of the Trump "base" of ignorami, and risk jail time for perjury, if she were lying?

The same reason a young Japanese man would volunteer to be a Kamikaze.  To serve a greater cause.  To be a hero among her people.

#42 Sep 27, 2018 5:02 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

Why he getting so vex?

Because that is the absolutely, positively natural response human beings have when vile, evil slanderous lies are told against them.

#43 Sep 27, 2018 5:04 pm

New Historian
Active

Oh now you're really desperate! So like any good Kamikaze pilot we should find tons of evidence that she is a devoted Democrat who'd gladly do jail time for her beloved party, right? You don't just become a Kamikaze overnight, so I'm sure you're going to give me the evidence of her fanatical devotion and willingness to give the almost-ultimate sacrifice for her cause. I'm waiting...

#44 Sep 27, 2018 5:15 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The Kamikaze reference was a simple way of saying that people are willing to make great sacrifices to support causes they believe are larger than themselves.

I think she is either confused about who attacked her or is part of the so-called Resistance and is willing to stop Kavanaugh by - as they say - "by any means necessary. 

I don't believe she was assaulted by Bret Kavanaugh - although I don't know it to a certainty - because there is zero evidence she was assaulted and a hell of a lot of circumstantial evidence that she was not.

#45 Sep 27, 2018 5:18 pm

New Historian
Active

And you don't think that a prospective member of the SUPREME Court should be above suspicion? In a crime so serious as this, where MORE THAN ONE accuser has come forward? I thought you had more brains than that, not to mention morals.

#46 Sep 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

He isn't above suspicion but, again, there is no evidence.  None. Zero. Zilch. None.  Accusations without evidence are properly disregarded.  That's the way it has worked in civilized nations for over 2,000 years.  Anything else is unjust tyranny.

#47 Sep 27, 2018 6:14 pm

New Historian
Active

His angry demeanour is worrying, for one who is supposed to be a "cool head" on the SC

#48 Sep 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Of course nothing has changed. We have learned nothing new. We have seen no new evidence. There has been no corroboration. It remains the case that every named witness—all of whom have answered under penalty—has either denied it or has no knowledge of it happening.

Doesn't matter. People are swooning over her credibility.

Speak for your self mate, the opening remarks of the woman, including the pre references were more than I had been aware of, and as I acknowledged to your remark were very compelling. Since then I have heard some of the Judge, and as you said he is also compelling, but apart from his diary/calendar entries his response is "look what I good guy I have been".

I believe her, and I would like to believe him... regardless of whether I want him to be elected. A stain like that is not nice.

#49 Sep 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

His angry demeanour is worrying, for one who is supposed to be a "cool head" on the SC

If you had been under the barrage of scrutiny and both praise and abuse both these individuals have been under, and certainly in his case the possibility of not only losing his future, but also many of the things he did in the past, then I guess he has a little lee way for getting stressed and angry at what is happening to him.

#50 Sep 27, 2018 7:08 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

He isn't above suspicion but, again, there is no evidence.  None. Zero. Zilch. None.  Accusations without evidence are properly disregarded.  That's the way it has worked in civilized nations for over 2,000 years.  Anything else is unjust tyranny.

If the woman had turned up just 5 or 6 weeks ago with a previously unheard of story, then she has no credibility, and it could all be bullsheite, however she had mentioned it to a few of her nearest and dearest, and a counselor several years prior to this appointment, when she could not have had the slightest intention of affecting these proceedings. Now, there may have been an event unconnected with the Judge, which has become interwoven in her mind over the years, but it didn't feel like it when she spoke.

Board footer