You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 27, 2018 4:05 pm

New Historian
Active

So who was Renate that Kavannaugh was an "alumnus" from?

He also denied that a female student's name that appeared in the yearbook was used in a sexual context as some media reports have alleged.

The word "Renate" appears more than a dozen times in Georgetown Preparatory School’s 1983 yearbook, including Kavanaugh's entry, describing him as the "Renate Alumni".

It was reportedly a reference to Renate Schroeder, a former student at a nearby Catholic girls' school. Two of Kavanaugh's former classmates have said the references to her were part of the boys' claims of alleged sexual encounters.

#2 Sep 27, 2018 4:06 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: So who was Renate that Kavannaugh was an "alumnus" from?

Renate must have been a real popular gal in the frat house.

#3 Sep 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

"Renate Alumni" = Boys who dated Renate.

In my case, I was a virgin until after I completed Army Basic Training.  I told my friends in high school that I had sex with girls and bragged about what a stud I was.  I was lying.  Does this shock you?

#4 Sep 27, 2018 4:14 pm

New Historian
Active

Oh so now you KNOW he was lying? Amazing I thought you were from Iwhatsit.

#5 Sep 27, 2018 4:16 pm

New Historian
Active

And in any case, even if he lied, what kind of ARSEHOLE goes and puts derogatory remarks like that about a girl, in the school yearbook of all places? You for one minute believe it refers to just "dated"? Even you can't be that obtuse.

#6 Sep 27, 2018 4:17 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I don't.  I see the cryptic reference "Renate Alumni" which could mean anything starting with boys who dated her.  It could mean boys who had sex with her.  It sure as hell doesn't mean they raped her.  It sure as hell doesn't mean a damned thing that makes him a rapist.   It doesn't even mean it happened.

You are usually a reasonable man.  You know I am right about this.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Sep 27, 2018 4:18 pm)

#7 Sep 27, 2018 4:18 pm

New Historian
Active

New Historian wrote:

Oh so now you KNOW he was lying? Amazing I thought you were from Iwhatsit.

Didn't finish it: I didn't know you knew him, I thought you were from I(dahoe? owa?), not Maryland.

#8 Sep 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I was talking about me.  I was a virgin until I was 19 and in the Army.  I was confessing that, in high school, I told my buddies about sexual exploits that were pure fiction.  A lot of boys do that. You know that.

#9 Sep 27, 2018 4:27 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I was talking about me.  I was a virgin until I was 19 and in the Army.  I was confessing that, in high school, I told my buddies about sexual exploits that were pure fiction.  A lot of boys do that. You know that.

Yeah but did you write your lies in the yearbook? Don't give me this hogwash that it just meant they went to the movies and held hands. All of a sudden they're all presumed not innocent but angels.

#10 Sep 27, 2018 4:29 pm

New Historian
Active

The face of your angel:

Kav.jpg

Board footer