You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 01, 2018 9:48 pm

Dancer
Active

Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

Ok  ,  the Judge loves a lot of beer.
That's ok.
But  I must say this  .... his YALE classmates are gossips. Lord !
Can't shut their mouths for a second.
Jesus. lol.

Offline

#2 Oct 02, 2018 10:19 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

It's like the whole society has become a church-lady scold.

Offline

#3 Oct 02, 2018 10:27 am

GMW
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

Real Distwalker wrote:

It's like the whole society has become a church-lady scold.


Yeah, how dare the try to become Mike Pence and Franklin Graham wrapped up in one ball.


Check out Donald Trump Jr take. I find you sound a lot like him on most things. And he is an echo chamber for his father. Ok, ok. I sometime forget you say you "hate" Trump. Maybe it because I can't see to see the reason why.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/do … da00d5581a

Offline

#4 Oct 02, 2018 10:34 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

I hate Trump because he is an embarrassment to our public life.  I hate Trump because is trade policy is disastrous.  I hate Trump because his base of supporters are the worst kind of people in America.  I hate Trump because his presidency is a black swan event that should never have happened.  I hate Trump because it is evident that all his instincts are authoritarian.

Also, I refuse to genuflect before any damned politician.

As for Kavanaugh: I drank beer.  I still have an occasional beer.  I got in a couple of fist fights in my teens and twenties.  Who the hell didn't?   What kind of a pussy thinks young men drinking beer and getting in a fight or two is shocking?

Offline

#5 Oct 02, 2018 10:46 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

"What kind of a pussy thinks young men drinking beer and getting in a fight or two is shocking?"

Sure, let's hold down and grope a couple chicks too while we're at it. Hey, we're entitled.

It's not about drinking, it's about lying under oath.

Offline

#6 Oct 02, 2018 11:03 am

Expat
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

New Historian wrote:

"What kind of a pussy thinks young men drinking beer and getting in a fight or two is shocking?"

Sure, let's hold down and grope a couple chicks too while we're at it. Hey, we're entitled.

It's not about drinking, it's about lying under oath.

Also possibly being so rat arsed we don't remember we tried to forcibly get into a 15 year olds pants.   Hmmmm.

Still don't know if that happened, but the potential is certainly there, and I don't give a toss if you were drunk or sober the act, and the damage... mental and or physical is the same. Being drunk is absolutely no excuse, anymore than killing a child with a car when drunk.

Online

#7 Oct 02, 2018 11:12 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

But according to RD and the rest of that bunch, it's just youthful high jinks, nothing to prevent him becoming the supreme arbiter of US law.

Offline

#8 Oct 02, 2018 11:16 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

New Historian wrote:

Sure, let's hold down and grope a couple chicks too while we're at it. Hey, we're entitled.

Yes, I understand that you have a faith based belief that happened.  Make no mistake, however, it is most certainly faith based and nothing more.  You don't know that it happened at all.

Now, before you respond that I don't know that it didn't happen, let me remind you where the burden of proof lies.  If I say that Expat was the the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks, the burden of proof will be on me. 

You will be perfectly within the bounds of logic and common sense to deny it while demanding proof from me.  What if I respond to your demand for proof by saying, "Prove he wasn't behind it all!"?  Well, that would make me a moron.   That's the way the burden of proof works.

Offline

#9 Oct 02, 2018 11:19 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

New Historian wrote:

But according to RD and the rest of that bunch, it's just youthful high jinks, nothing to prevent him becoming the supreme arbiter of US law.

That is a lie and you know it.  I have said that if he is shown to be guilty he should certainly not be confirmed to the Supreme Court.  Baseless allegations from 30-some years ago, however, are not evidence he is guilty.

Unless you are talking about beer drinking alone, then - yes - that's just youthful highjinks.

Offline

#10 Oct 02, 2018 11:21 am

GMW
Active

Re: Judge Kavanaugh and BEER.

Real Distwalker wrote:

I hate Trump because he is an embarrassment to our public life.  I hate Trump because is trade policy is disastrous.  I hate Trump because his base of supporters are the worst kind of people in America.  I hate Trump because his presidency is a black swan event that should never have happened.  I hate Trump because it is evident that all his instincts are authoritarian.

Also, I refuse to genuflect before any damned politician.

As for Kavanaugh: I drank beer.  I still have an occasional beer.  I got in a couple of fist fights in my teens and twenties.  Who the hell didn't?   What kind of a pussy thinks young men drinking beer and getting in a fight or two is shocking?


Really RD? I seem to remember you holding so-called teenage "thugs" who weren't even vying to be second string grocery baggers to a much higher standard that you're holding your honorable Judge Kavanaugh to right now. Our youth have died for far lesser offenses.

Hmmmn!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB