You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Ackee
Active

High Levels of Seismicity Reported at the Kick 'Em Jenny Volcano

https://nadma.gd/press-release/high-lev … y-volcano/

The University of the West Indies Seismic Research Center (UWI SRC) has reported High levels of seismicity at the Kick em’ Jenny Volcano. Since the episode began during the afternoon of September 30, 2018 quite a number of events have taken place. The largest of these events occurred on Monday morning at 03:24 a.m., 03:35 a.m. and 03:56 a.m. (local time) of magnitudes 3.5, 3.5 and 3.3 respectively.

The UWI SRC is currently analyzing the data and will update further after complete processing

The National Disaster Management Agency (NaDMA) wishes to inform marine interest and the general public that the threat level remains at YELLOW – which means that the exclusion zone of 1.5 kilometers must continue to be observed.

NaDMA in collaboration with the UWI SRC will continue to monitor, update and inform as necessary.

Sylvan Mc Intyre (Supt.)

National Disaster Coordinator (Ag.)

NaDMA

For additional information, please contact NaDMA on 440-8390-4 / 440-0838, email: nadma@spiceisle.com or website: www.nadma.gd. NaDMA, the official source for all disaster related information in Grenada.

#2 Oct 04, 2018 9:03 am

Dancer
Active

Re: High Levels of Seismicity Reported at the Kick 'Em Jenny Volcano

Thanks  Ackee  Keep up your info ,  ... and EXPAT WILL GET A MEMO.

" see me in my office Mr Expat.""
Oh , oh ,

#3 Oct 04, 2018 12:23 pm

Expat
Active

Weather....Weather.

Seismic activities are not weather. Tsunami's are not weather. Volcano's are not weather.

Innocent of all charges M'lud.

#4 Oct 04, 2018 1:27 pm

New Historian
Active

Well I don't know. If one aspect of "weather" is sea conditions, then a tsunami certainly is a weather event lol! They were just talking about it on the radio and I was thinking: what low-lying island lies directly in the path of a Kick-em-Jenny tsunami? Bim. And where do I live? On the south coast. Hmmm. So, thinking ahead, I thought: what if a tsunami warning went off (what if there IS a tsunami warning?) - then what? There's precious little "high ground" in Bim, and all roads to it will be clogged with fleeing motorists. If a tsunami hits, is it better to be caught trapped in a traffic jam under Rendezvous Hill, or at your house, where you caould at least clamber onto the roof?

Think I'd rather stay put and "ride it out".

#5 Oct 04, 2018 1:49 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

#6 Oct 04, 2018 2:23 pm

New Historian
Active

The last bredda nearly copped it lol!

#7 Oct 04, 2018 5:15 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

It was like he was playing chicken with a tsunami.  I think if I was that close, I would have demonstrated how fast a car can go in reverse and executed my three point turn further away.

#8 Oct 05, 2018 6:24 am

Slice
Active

WOAH! ah hope Kick Em Jenny or the way the local say her name Kick am Jenny, keep her BAD AS quiet.

#9 Oct 05, 2018 8:31 am

Dancer
Active

New Historian wrote:

Well I don't know. If one aspect of "weather" is sea conditions, then a tsunami certainly is a weather event lol! They were just talking about it on the radio and I was thinking: what low-lying island lies directly in the path of a Kick-em-Jenny tsunami? Bim. And where do I live? On the south coast. Hmmm. So, thinking ahead, I thought: what if a tsunami warning went off (what if there IS a tsunami warning?) - then what? There's precious little "high ground" in Bim, and all roads to it will be clogged with fleeing motorists. If a tsunami hits, is it better to be caught trapped in a traffic jam under Rendezvous Hill, or at your house, where you caould at least clamber onto the roof?

Think I'd rather stay put and "ride it out".

........Why be jealous of the 'Jem'  ,  flat rolling grass lands etc, etc , because you have 'jenny' on your doorstep .  OK there is Caricom , share and share alike , but  you can  keep jenny in your neck of the woods , thank you.
Climbing up rendezvous hill , or the nearest roof top. .. that is so sad. lol.

#10 Oct 05, 2018 6:31 pm

Expat
Active

More sad with this

Board footer