You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 05, 2018 7:52 am

Expat
Active

Weather or not it has been

Raining consistently overnight, and squally even at the moment. Sally looked like a drowned rat when I opened the verandah door this morning. My chicken coups have been inundated with water, and the sawdust is like mush, so before it gets a chance to fester I am going to have to dig it all out otherwise the stink is going to be BAaaaaad.

TS Leslie once a Hurricane has been spinning like a top in mid Atlantic, for around a week.

The 5 day forecast ends with it doing an North East then South East progression, remaining a storm.

However, there is a potential in this humble posters mind for the storm to continue to go South East dropping closer to the Equator and thereby regain some of its previous momentum this time at a level of interest to us.

Watch this space.

#2 Oct 05, 2018 11:05 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Weather or not it has been

Leslie continues its South Easterly transit, heading back towards the area where many more typical Hurricanes emerge. Will it die out, or will it rise again to wreak havoc in a couple of weeks time.

I seem to have critics who may even want butterflies monitored in case they initiate a weather pattern, but just to dot the i's, there is some "weather" developing in the Gulf which may develop, and may potentially impact some Southern States.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 05, 2018 11:08 pm)

#3 Oct 06, 2018 7:35 am

Expat
Active

Hmmm,

TS Leslie predicted to be around 1200 miles south of the Azores by Thursday. I trust my prediction is flawed.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 06, 2018 7:36 am)

#4 Oct 07, 2018 9:17 am

Expat
Active

From my app winds seem to have settled down, and NOAA suggests Leslie is going to deviate East, so maybe that'll become a non event.

However there is storm activity in the Gulf that is likely to become a Hurricane before slamming into some of those lower gulf states.  Florida looks safe at the moment.

#5 Oct 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Dancer
Active

Weather ALERT !!!!

Haiti jolted again .
Where is the News.

Ackee .

#6 Oct 08, 2018 8:16 am

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

Weather ALERT !!!!

Haiti jolted again .
Where is the News.

Ackee .

You just announced it....  A non weather event.

#7 Oct 08, 2018 8:20 am

Expat
Active

So, getting back onto weather.

Leslie continues, has been true to form, and is going to be a hurricane. Fortunately for us, it continues it's Easterly swirl, and is now a threat to the Iberian Peninsular.

There is a disturbance starting near Africa, but it looks to be heading upwards away from landfall.

#8 Oct 09, 2018 8:47 pm

Expat
Active

Leslie just goes on and on, and on, but is away from us.

Naughty Nadine is looking to shoot NW and well away from The Caribbean.

Michael is going to be a pain in the arse for the Florida pan handle. As predicted by yours truly on the 7th.

#9 Oct 10, 2018 8:57 pm

Expat
Active

Michael, well I guess we all know it is giving Florida beans.

Nadine supposedly is still heading NW to above the Caribbean.

Leslie persists and persists. First a storm, then a hurricane, then a storm, and currently a hurricane due to downgrade to a storm by Saturday. BUT it is also intending to do a South West dog leg before the Canary Islands, which may bring the bugger back into track to Nadine, and who knows, maybe us?

#10 Oct 13, 2018 7:41 am

Dancer
Active

Expat's Leslie in the news   .......  Front page MSN- Weather.

Wandering Leslie : An unusual storm , an unusual track.

* MSN is late .  We are ahead of that news MSN.  Our resident weather man is on the ball.

Board footer