You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 07, 2018 10:30 am

GMW
Active

Story of a man destroyed!

So now we have it. A man whose life had been "DESTROYED"  (gospel according to Trump, RD and the rest of the entitled) gets to decide the fate of every American citizen for the rest of his life. Maybe the ideal rehab huh for such DESTRUCTION. And meanwhile the woman who had everything to gain by telling her story will spend the rest of her life rejoicing? Yes I'm been sarcastic.

In case we're unable to make that link, this is exactly the very reason why a person like Donald Trump is President today. And Kavanaugh will be the very reason Trump get's away with his Al Capone crimes.

And that also galvanizes and re-energizes the white male conservative republican base.  RD wrote it this week and Trump has been peddling it at his WWE style rallies.

~I drink beer, I like beer.~

#2 Oct 07, 2018 2:34 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Story of a man destroyed!

And be afraid, for the (Supreme Court) Lord sayeth: "What goes around, comes around"

#3 Oct 07, 2018 3:17 pm

Dancer
Active

After Brett was TERRIFIED .

Who is to say he might not  surprise us all .

smh. lol.

#4 Oct 07, 2018 7:57 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.

The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.

All streams flow into the sea,
yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
there they return again.

All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.

#5 Oct 07, 2018 7:58 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.

Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.

No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.

#6 Oct 07, 2018 8:20 pm

houston
Active

Is every judge appointed to the supreme court in the U.S. so heavily scrutinized? I bet they are. Are they all saints with no skeletons in the closet? Doubt it.
Is this a comparison to the Bill Cosby conviction? Maybe so.
When the Cosby story came up a few years ago I felt sick to hear about the accusations. This was a guy I had admired since I was a kid. He was everyones dad.
The cancellations of his shows in certain cities while on tour was disturbing to hear about. I felt for the man as these were only accusations.
The court proceedings went on for several years and I have to say I did not follow much after it became so dragged out.
Cosby is an old timer and tragically sentenced to prison.

Do you feel that he was wrongly convicted for the crimes he was found guilty of?

#7 Oct 07, 2018 9:10 pm

New Historian
Active

And what's the meaning of those corny poems? To justify the forced candidacy of an aggressive, mysogenistic and politically divisive attack dog of a so-called impartial judge? One who will make sure that "things come around"? Nothing you can say will ever justify that farce of a nomination process.

#8 Oct 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

And what's the meaning of those corny poems?

From Wikipedia...

Ecclesiastes has had a deep influence on Western literature. It contains several phrases that have resonated in British and American culture, and was quoted by Abraham Lincoln addressing Congress in 1862. American novelist Thomas Wolfe wrote:

"[O]f all I have ever seen or learned, that book seems to me the noblest, the wisest, and the most powerful expression of man's life upon this earth—and also the highest flower of poetry, eloquence, and truth. I am not given to dogmatic judgments in the matter of literary creation, but if I had to make one I could say that Ecclesiastes is the greatest single piece of writing I have ever known, and the wisdom expressed in it the most lasting and profound."

"Corny poems."

Educate yourself.

#9 Oct 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Here.  Maybe you will recognize the "corny poems" in a more modern form.

#10 Oct 07, 2018 9:48 pm

New Historian
Active

Fine, they're not corny. Now: "To justify the forced candidacy of an aggressive, mysogenistic and politically divisive attack dog of a so-called impartial judge? One who will make sure that "things come around"? Nothing you can say will ever justify that farce of a nomination process."

Board footer