You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Oct 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Deniers and Climate change Experts at the cross roads * 2030 *

Ah wonder why Most Republicans are deniers.  Ok they just doh care about the world they reside in, or maybe they really doh care about their children or Grandchildren.

#12 Oct 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Expat
Active

Well the one we know simply lives on faith that there is nothing that can be done, and that the human impact is so measly that there is no point making the effort.

#13 Oct 10, 2018 6:45 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

or maybe they really doh care about their children or Grandchildren.

What the hell are you doing flying back and forth between Gree and El Norte?  Don't you know the carbon footprint that creates?  Maybe you don't care about your children and grandchildren.

#14 Oct 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

Well the one we know simply lives on faith that there is nothing that can be done, and that the human impact is so measly that there is no point making the effort.

Serenity-Now.png

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Oct 10, 2018 6:48 pm)

#15 Oct 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Expat
Active

The only problem with THAT piece of wisdom is that when eventually you are proved wrong it wont really be you that pays the price. It  may not even be your children that get the worst of it, but probably your grandchildren will reap the whirlwind.

One accepts as ever that natural events can out pace what we have been doing, but why would anyone add coal to a boiler that is already glowing white hot, and say it can't get hotter. Only to find the rivets give out and the thing blows up.

Yes it's cyclical, but this is the first real cycle apart from the mini ice age of the dark ages where man could be said to be involved. We could tip the balance, it only needs one extra feather to break the camels back.

We may cause a rebound ice age, just to make Global Warming seem more ludicrous, but already we are poisoning the hell out of the oceans, with plastic in ever smaller dimensions entering the food chain AND US. When fish stock diminish not due to over fishing, but because their food has been tainted causing infertility not only in them, but us.

Or the clothes industry which has destroyed vast swathes of some countries both polluting and reducing river flows which has already caused an inland see to almost disappear. Causing the decimation of a fishing industry, and the poisoning of surrounding land as the trapped fertilisers and poisons spilled over from the cotton industry field blow over the land. Adding the the climate change of that area which is now hotter and colder as the seasons change.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aral_Sea

Thats just the cotton, or white gold, now it is also the fibres from synthetics that are getting just like the plastics into the food chain.... and who is at the top of that chain?

Visual myopia can be rectified by getting ones eyes tested.... Cerebral myopia, I guess need the brains testing.

#16 Oct 10, 2018 9:56 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Talk is cheap and irrelevent. There isn't a damned thing I can do that will affect the climate in any way whatsoever.  Nothing. 

Soooooo: Thank you God for giving me the serenity to accept what I cannot change.

#17 Oct 11, 2018 7:18 am

GMW
Active

Expat wrote:

So all think it's a joke. The logic behind these heartless, greedy people (most/many of them disguise as conservatives christians) is that the world is not made to last forever because Jesus Christ is coming again. That is how they've been conning people from day one.

They may well be the fulfillment of the very prophesy they use to bullshit the poor, innocent and disenfranchised.

And btw they adore Donald Trump. They aid and abet his rule. Approximately all of them. Isn't that scary?

#18 Oct 11, 2018 7:21 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Talk is cheap and irrelevent. There isn't a damned thing I can do that will affect the climate in any way whatsoever.  Nothing. 

Soooooo: Thank you God for giving me the serenity to accept what I cannot change.

Recanting on deathbed... Oh Lord please forgive me for my blinkered indifference. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.

#19 Oct 11, 2018 7:22 am

Expat
Active

GMW wrote:
Expat wrote:

So all think it's a joke. The logic behind these heartless, greedy people (most/many of them disguise as conservatives christians) is that the world is not made to last forever because Jesus Christ is coming again. That is how they've been conning people from day one.

They may well be the fulfillment of the very prophesy they use to bullshit the poor, innocent and disenfranchised.

And btw they adore Donald Trump. They aid and abet his rule. Approximately all of them. Isn't that scary?

Poor logic, pretty dumb to F up the World BEFORE the second coming.

#20 Oct 11, 2018 7:55 am

New Historian
Active

Expat wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

Recanting on deathbed... Oh Lord please forgive me for my blinkered indifference. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.

RD's selective helplessness is telling: On guns and climate change he's soooo impotent to effect change, nothing to be done. And yet he still does his civic duty and votes every election. Funny that.

Board footer