You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Slice
Active

THEY SAY THE POLLS ARE TIGHTENING, FOR THE MIDTERMS

Ah doh believe that for one second.  I tink the only Democrat that is not going to win is Heidi.  The Blue wave is coming.  Texas got over ah million New voters, the polls don't capture that.  Georgia and Florida, will have new  Democratic governors.  Maryland will keep its Republican Governor and that is the exception.  Governor Hogan is ah Democrat masquerading as Republican.  He will win very easy.

I think the press keeps it close, so folks can watch.  There are just too many new voters for the Blue wave to not happen.

#2 Oct 22, 2018 11:15 pm

Expat
Active

Re: THEY SAY THE POLLS ARE TIGHTENING, FOR THE MIDTERMS

Slice wrote:

Ah doh believe that for one second.  I tink the only Democrat that is not going to win is Heidi.  The Blue wave is coming.  Texas got over ah million New voters, the polls don't capture that.  Georgia and Florida, will have new  Democratic governors.  Maryland will keep its Republican Governor and that is the exception.  Governor Hogan is ah Democrat masquerading as Republican.  He will win very easy.

I think the press keeps it close, so folks can watch.  There are just too many new voters for the Blue wave to not happen.

I am past fed up with this Ringling Bros Circus they call politics in America. We are just recovering from months of bombarding with crap from the Presidential elections, and now it's mid terms.... and after that and all the upheavals it creates we are back to square one.... Presidential elections.... Shhhesh.... How they ever get anything done.

#3 Oct 23, 2018 12:27 am

New Historian
Active

Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:

I am past fed up with this Ringling Bros Circus they call politics in America. We are just recovering from months of bombarding with crap from the Presidential elections, and now it's mid terms.... and after that and all the upheavals it creates we are back to square one.... Presidential elections.... Shhhesh.... How they ever get anything done.

Egg Zackly! A dysfunctional government system.

#4 Oct 23, 2018 8:43 am

Dancer
Active

I  would like to know what RD will do about the Central  American CARAVAN.
Will IOWA open its borders  ?
  Hell   No !!!    Not with RD's REP  King of   Iowa  ... ' the   white nationalist .
Iowa ...... the gentle State.
hehehehe.

#5 Oct 23, 2018 10:10 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Please.  The guys working on my new house this week don't speak a word of English.  They work their asses off, however.  I am good with them.  I ask them no questions and they tell me no lies.

#6 Oct 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Dancer
Active

You mean   ,  Exploitation ?

#7 Oct 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

With unemployment in Iowa at 2% and me needing the work done, Garcia Construction has jacked up their prices this year.  I am paying them a lot more than I thought I would but I wouldn't say they are exploiting me.  I need the work done and they are willing to do it for a price Mr. Garcia quoted.  No, I don't feel exploited.

#8 Oct 23, 2018 4:19 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

With unemployment in Iowa at 2% and me needing the work done, Garcia Construction has jacked up their prices this year.  I am paying them a lot more than I thought I would but I wouldn't say they are exploiting me.  I need the work done and they are willing to do it for a price Mr. Garcia quoted.  No, I don't feel exploited.

Good one! I was gonna say about willing buyer willing seller but you done did it better.

#9 Oct 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

You mean   ,  Exploitation ?

50/50, cos in all likelyhood the Yankee labour asks too much and takes too long, and doesn't give a f f if its a crap job.
Whereas the immigrant labour is hot to trot getting money whilst much less than the Yanks is much more than they are used to getting.

We had the same story in the UK when the Poles infested the place. They came over for 3 or 6 months at a time, worked there arses off for way over what they would have got in Poland, and living loads to a house they roughed it, for peanuts so for them returning to Poland with their pockets bulging with pounds it was a good deal.

In the mean time the Brits were totally Fcked. Sorry correction, the workers were, and the usually rich house owners that needed painting stayed rich as they spent lots less money on getting the same work done.

I don't really have an issue when the difference is the quality and attitude of the worker. If the Poles just out performed the locals I would say good for them, come on Brits get smart and work better.  But when you undercut with an unfair advantage that sucks.

As I have said before the same crap happened with the mini cab business. Only this time it was Indians and Pakistanis usually running around in a crap car that probably wasn't properly insured, not knowing where they were going, and almost living in the cab office. They killed the business for people who had a reasonable income which could mean they kept a decent car, had it maintained, and could give their family a "normal" standard of living. Were it not for sat nav in recent years, they would still be expecting directions from the passengers. As it is sat nav does not always take you the best or shortest way.

Not that long ago my wife had a stand up row with a cab driver who using sat nav went all over the place telling her he knew what he was doing when she could have done the journey 3-5 miles shorter.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 23, 2018 4:24 pm)

#10 Oct 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I put it up for bid and Garcia edged the others out.  It was that simple.

Board footer