You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Nov 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Beautiful Bradly Bolton
Active

What my Wife enjoyed most while in Grenada

It's what I will now refer to as the greatest value in entertainment to be found anywhere in the world.

The cost is only Five Eastern Caribbean Dollars.

It is none other than the Grenadian Bus Ride.

People can spend big money going to high-tech amusement parks here in the States and maybe get the same experience over a course of several different rides but there is nothing on Earth as fun as a Grenadian Bus Ride.

I had a GoPro Hero5 Black on a motorized gymbal and that smooths things out. Waiting to see how my audio turned out. I need to get them paired so I can publish my experiences on the Grand Anse Bus.

When I come back I am going to be even more prepared. I want to do a series on Grenadian Bus rides. Seriously, your Bus Drivers are a national treasure. If they are properly presented I believe that people will come down just for the Bus Rides.

I really love the Bus Terminal in St. Georges by the way. I can see starting my series from there... actually starting the series in the Bars nearby, then get on the Number 5 to Gouyave. Gotta pick the right Bus though. Then have to find passengers that don't mind cameras. Having a spot that catches all the angles doesn't allow for clandestine camera use. I need to have a GoPro on a gymbal on the dashboard, one oriented toward the passenger door and one that gets the passing scenery. What I really need to do is get one mounted on the grille of the vehicle. Lots of possibilities.

This could become an international sensation.

Last edited by Beautiful Bradly Bolton (Nov 04, 2018 3:15 pm)

#2 Nov 04, 2018 6:12 pm

houston
Active

Re: What my Wife enjoyed most while in Grenada

How was that meeting with Expat, did he spring for a pint or suddenly have to go to the washroom when the tab was presented?

#3 Nov 04, 2018 8:01 pm

Slice
Active

I took that bus once, and beieve me, never me again.  I took the bus from the docks to the Inland Revenue department and lord that short ride the FRIGGING bus made about 10 stops, and every stop ah had to get off the bus.  I guess you wife love excitement.

#4 Nov 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Beautiful Bradly Bolton
Active

I can't let Expat pay for things when he came out to say hello. He was my welcoming committee. He made me anticipate the day when I can come meet more of my Spice Family.

I am so looking forward to my next trip and the wife knows it won't be long. We have to go to Texas first. Once that is done I will have a green light for Grenada again.

Here is our first Bus Ride. Good test for my motorized gymbal that stabilized the camera.

#5 Nov 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Beautiful Bradly Bolton
Active

Then there was the ride to St. George's the next day. This was a calm ride.

#6 Nov 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Beautiful Bradly Bolton
Active

The Number 5 Night Bus into St. Georges from Gouyave…

#7 Nov 06, 2018 10:04 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Beautiful Bradly Bolton wrote:

It's what I will now refer to as the greatest value in entertainment to be found anywhere in the world.

The cost is only Five Eastern Caribbean Dollars.

It is none other than the Grenadian Bus Ride.

People can spend big money going to high-tech amusement parks here in the States and maybe get the same experience over a course of several different rides but there is nothing on Earth as fun as a Grenadian Bus Ride.

I had a GoPro Hero5 Black on a motorized gymbal and that smooths things out. Waiting to see how my audio turned out. I need to get them paired so I can publish my experiences on the Grand Anse Bus.

When I come back I am going to be even more prepared. I want to do a series on Grenadian Bus rides. Seriously, your Bus Drivers are a national treasure. If they are properly presented I believe that people will come down just for the Bus Rides.

I really love the Bus Terminal in St. Georges by the way. I can see starting my series from there... actually starting the series in the Bars nearby, then get on the Number 5 to Gouyave. Gotta pick the right Bus though. Then have to find passengers that don't mind cameras. Having a spot that catches all the angles doesn't allow for clandestine camera use. I need to have a GoPro on a gymbal on the dashboard, one oriented toward the passenger door and one that gets the passing scenery. What I really need to do is get one mounted on the grille of the vehicle. Lots of possibilities.

This could become an international sensation.

crazy rides it's hard to watch lol

Board footer