You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Nov 11, 2018 7:05 pm

Expat
Active

Re: 100 years and counting

Good piece of research which indicated there was SOME transmission of the illness.... what ever it was in Greece, but unless I myself misinterpreted it, it was mentioning a small scale event in one region. As compared to millions or hundreds of thousands.

Also perhaps misleading from what I wrote they were vaccinated for various things , not Flue. As you may recognise most if not all vaccines involve injecting neurotoxins which in many cases leave you more vulnerable to the disease you were injected for than before...

Also many of the vaccines sited as saviours of the World were implemented at the tail end of the decline of those diseases, so apart from giving a spike and some fatalities they did little or nothing.

I will bet you spent no time watching the talk, and several minutes looking for something to blow my few words out of the water. Whilst you may quite reasonably question some of the statements put forward, I think it is extremely foolish not to take in at least some of the information presented.

#12 Nov 11, 2018 11:53 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I wasn't trying to blow anything out of the water.  Since I had just finished a book on this very topic I was well aware that there were no vaccines against the Spanish Influenza as none had been created in 1918.   Vaccines weren't an issue with that pandemic because they hadn't been invented yet.

#13 Nov 12, 2018 10:37 pm

Expat
Active

Vaccines were discovered back in 1796

#14 Nov 12, 2018 10:48 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The first flu vaccine was 1938.

#15 Nov 12, 2018 11:06 pm

Expat
Active

You aint getting it dude.... It was Vaccinations... not Flue vaccinations...

Also if you skip down to the segment on flue in the attached  originally lifted from the Lancet you will see it was secondary Pneumonia that killed most soldiers and I think you will find civilians too, NOT the flue per set, and yes American soldiers were compulsory vaccinated. All of which aligns with what Dr Bergman was was saying.

https://www.minnpost.com/second-opinion … obial-dru/

Many wonder vaccines were introduced at the end of a decline in the diseases mortality or destructive periods.... Most of the illnesses we were "saved" from were actually cured by better hygiene and living conditions.

So often times they did nothing positive, and did do negative things like introduce pathogens into the body which damage organs and confuse the immune system causing these auto immune diseases we didn't really have, or were very rare before vaccines took off.

#16 Nov 13, 2018 11:14 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I get it fine.  One hundred years ago, as is the subject of this thread, the Spanish Flu epidemic was underway.  There was only a vague awareness of the existence of viruses and nobody knew that this strain of influenza was the result of a virus.  So there were no flu vaccinations. 

As for your seeming contention that it was caused by other vaccinations: This too is nonsense.  The Spanish Flu traveled around the world and killed people who had never been stuck with a needle in their lives.  It destroyed remote Eskimo villages.  It ravaged India.  It tore across Africa killing hundreds of thousands.

It killed people everywhere.  Philadelphia was like the Black Death.  They dug mass graves and had carts to collect the dead.

Your - I am sorry - profoundly ignorant crusade against modern medicine is absolutely, positivity irrelevant to the spread of this pandemic.  It was an equal opportunity killer and it killed people in rich and poor countries.

That isn't open to debate.  It doesn't have dick to to with your superstitious, flat-earthier medieval view of vaccinations.

#17 Nov 13, 2018 11:19 am

New Historian
Active

Watching you two non-medical people scratching around for "medical" justifications for your non-medical arguments is just hilarious!

Last edited by New Historian (Nov 13, 2018 11:20 am)

#18 Nov 13, 2018 11:25 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I haven't made a medical argument.  It is simple logic.   The Spanish Flu killed people by the millions on every populated continent. Probably more than 99% of the dead were never vaccinated against anything.  Based on that simple information, the unsupported argument that vaccinations made the Spanish Flu worse is a non-starter.  No medical knowledge is needed to arrive at that conclusion, only simple logic.

Now, having said that, I do believe that vaccinations are about 99.9% beneficial and maybe 0.01% harmful but, again, that isn't necessary to understand that a pandemic in a world with almost no vaccinations was not caused by vaccinations.

Arguing that vaccinations were the cause of the Spanish Flu is like arguing that cell phone use was responsible for the Black Death Plague of the 1300s.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Nov 13, 2018 11:29 am)

#19 Nov 14, 2018 4:36 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I haven't made a medical argument.  It is simple logic.   The Spanish Flu killed people by the millions on every populated continent. Probably more than 99% of the dead were never vaccinated against anything.  Based on that simple information, the unsupported argument that vaccinations made the Spanish Flu worse is a non-starter.  No medical knowledge is needed to arrive at that conclusion, only simple logic.

Now, having said that, I do believe that vaccinations are about 99.9% beneficial and maybe 0.01% harmful but, again, that isn't necessary to understand that a pandemic in a world with almost no vaccinations was not caused by vaccinations.

Arguing that vaccinations were the cause of the Spanish Flu is like arguing that cell phone use was responsible for the Black Death Plague of the 1300s.

Only you are attempting to claim they were the cause. I am suggesting they made people more susceptible to the ill effects. Combined with the treatments of the day which (I can't at the moment quote the substances used) which caused the flue virus which as we know can and will kill a number of people.... especially malnourished, and surrounded by poor hygiene... probably 70% of the Worlds population at that time....getting back to Europe, America etc... the aid given by doctors using their toolkit of the day made matters worse. It was not... again... the vaccines that gave people the flue, it was the negative impact on their immune system that made them more vulnerable.

The fact from your statement that you actually think current vaccines are 99% beneficial along with your insistence that both genetic engineering and pouring gallons of weed killer over your food is the way to go is clue enough as to which camp you are in.

Board footer