You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Nov 26, 2018 8:57 pm

gripe
Active

A Vincentian: Harvard Law Review's 4th Black President

#2 Nov 27, 2018 10:12 am

Slice
Active

Re: A Vincentian: Harvard Law Review's 4th Black President

Nice story.  How and why is that important to me?  Just asking.

#3 Nov 28, 2018 2:52 am

gripe
Active

Slice, I assume that you read the linked article. Therefore, I don't understand your surprising question. For someone like you and me, the answer to your surprising question is well within the sentences and paragraphs of the article.

#4 Nov 28, 2018 9:44 am

Slice
Active

Ok I maybe get the Windward island connection, but how important is it for the globe. I learn yesterday that Mia Love parents came from Haiti.  Mia Supported Donald Trump in everything he did.  She voted against Health care and all that is great for her folks in New York, Maryland DC suburbs and as ah matter of fact all over America.  So because she is from the Caribbean, I should love her, ah doh tink so.

I just think we place too much emphasis on black and white stuff.  We put ah color on everything.  I watch ah bunch ah interviews on the Mississippi race, and to me every black folks that step up to be interviewed was saying the same thing.  It was all about the black race in that state.  Even Epsy in the closing stages was saying stuff like, if he elected he will be the first black Senator from that state.  We all know dat.  I tink his emphasis should be on bringing the whites to vote for him.
I prefer to talk about folks who are doing
great things for the Human race.  That vincee in that college wont help me one little bit.

What I have also learned, is that, these folks doh never give back to their communities.  Most forget way the hell they came from.  Doh get me wrong some do, but most  don't.

#5 Nov 28, 2018 11:04 am

gripe
Active

Slice, you are hitting around 50-50 with your statements. Some are valid, some are over the top. It is reasonable to want folks in influential positions, especially our people, to deliver results that are broad-based and would benefit many people. However, it is not right to condemn folks before they actually take positions on issues that you could evaluate.

So, regarding Mr. Thomas at Harvard Law, don't be too judgmental this early. He may yet do many great things.

#6 Nov 28, 2018 5:52 pm

Slice
Active

My comments have not ah ting o  do with the individual, but more to do, with you, why did you feel it necessary to bring that story to our attention?  To me it is not important about ah Vincee in Harvard.

Leh me give you ah story, every Thanksgiving Wifee and I invited all the West Indian who attended Morgan State university to dinner.  One such person was ah real brain from Grenada.  We got real close and always  was invited to my house.  One Hot Summer day I invited him to ah Cook out at Dr Pierre's house. The good doctor and his wife had it all.  The Young Grenadain was very impressed with the doc and his wife.  You know the young man stop taking me calls and wont even call me.

About a month later the doc ask me to pick him up so he can attend another Cook out.  I told the doc, from the day I introduce the young man to you I ent hear from him and when ah call him he doh take me calls.

The doc say really?  I said yea, that was the end of him nd the doc friendship.  There are West Indian we speak to today that once attended our dinners.  Hope you see me point.

Board footer