You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jan 31, 2017 10:37 pm

Expat

Trumps state visit to the UK

Is to be debated by Parliament on the 20th of Feb.

A petition opposing it oversubscribed the number required by several hundred thousand.

#2 Jan 31, 2017 11:12 pm

Real Distwalker

Re: Trumps state visit to the UK

I would definitely vote for Trumpxit.

#3 Feb 01, 2017 8:20 am

Slice

Well Trump and your PM are the same.  England also voted for Brexit;so, why difference it makes.

Ah keep wondering if those in power especially in England and America, will learn something from those election.

#4 Feb 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Expat

The Prime Minister is following the diktat of the referendum having inherited a complete fiasco.  Personally I think she should have found some way to rerun the process, as the first one was flawed with very bad misinformation.

Trump on the other hand sold the package, and the dimwits bought it.  Basically I am incredulous at a person who claimed Hillary was crooked could have so many skeletons in their cupboard. I think America bought a giant lemon. Time will tell.

May has to find a way to make Britain great again, ON IT'S OWN, so she is capitalising on Americas misfortunes.

Trump on the other hand has, or seems to have a very simplistic understanding as to how the World, and International trade is carried on.

#5 Feb 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Expat

With over 100,000 signatures to the petition to get the invitation cancelled, it was duly ignored, Trump is to be welcomed by Queenie.

#6 Feb 15, 2017 10:35 pm

Real Distwalker

Trump sucks but it would be a mistake for the government of the the UK to refuse an American president because of a petition, don't you think?

#7 Feb 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Expat

Certainly, but well worth the effort to let the President and our Government know what a comparatively large number of petitioners think.

100,000+ may not sound like a lot..... but compared to the normal petition signature rate it was, and then some.

Interesting that there have been protests about Trump all around the World, And there seems to be a hot interest in him with the British Bookmakers as to how long he will last, and whether he will be impeached. Could be a chance for you to make a few bob   wink

#8 Feb 18, 2017 3:06 pm

houston

Terrible thought, but I wonder if the bookies have a line on how the exit occurs. Impeachment within a year would be the best outcome for the clown but also the worst for the media. What circus could they next focus on next? Most folks have had their fill and already Trumped out.

#9 Feb 19, 2017 9:56 am

Expat

There was news before Trump "NBT", I am sure they would manage "NAT".

I certainly would like a break from the ratings war he is driving.

#10 Feb 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Expat

On the BBC the petition apparently was just shy of 2 million signatures.

Board footer