You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 08, 2018 9:53 pm

Expat
Active

Talking to a guy that doesn't like guns

He says to me... This guy with an AK holds him and his wife up in their house   (in Grenada)

It so frightened his English born wife she wont come back to Grenada.

Now we all know self protection can go either way. But that sure as hell would have made me think.... maybe I should have had one?

Offline

#2 Dec 08, 2018 10:42 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Talking to a guy that doesn't like guns

Wow, truly troubling, is this recent? There seems to be an upsurge in gun crimes lately, pray to all the gods that Grenada doesn't get like St. Lucia or St. Kitts: small islands with big killings. In the last 2 days 3 people were shot dead in St Lucia, in 2017 there were SIXTY murders!!

As for should you have one, come on, what would you have done if you did? Gunmen are far more professional than you'll ever be, chances are all you'll do is cause carnage.

Greenz sweet Greenz, please stay so!

Offline

#3 Dec 08, 2018 10:43 pm

houston
Active

Re: Talking to a guy that doesn't like guns

Where are all the gun junkies when there is a mass shooting?
Do they curl up underneath a table with their self protection?
Has there ever been a gun junkie that stepped up to take out a crazed shooter?

Offline

#4 Dec 09, 2018 9:29 am

Slice
Active

Re: Talking to a guy that doesn't like guns

Grenada has lots of AK47.  Most are old and from the Revo days, but they are still around.  Expat you know how ah feel about guns.  I honestly hate them, but I also kinda understand your love or hobby for guns.  I sat and listen to you for about 30 minutes about your love for guns.  I hate them, but so many of my Homeboys in Grenada owns dem, ah doh have ah choice, but to live among them.

Offline

#5 Dec 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Talking to a guy that doesn't like guns

New Historian wrote:

Wow, truly troubling, is this recent? There seems to be an upsurge in gun crimes lately, pray to all the gods that Grenada doesn't get like St. Lucia or St. Kitts: small islands with big killings. In the last 2 days 3 people were shot dead in St Lucia, in 2017 there were SIXTY murders!!

As for should you have one, come on, what would you have done if you did? Gunmen are far more professional than you'll ever be, chances are all you'll do is cause carnage.

Greenz sweet Greenz, please stay so!

I didn't inquire as to how long ago, but I got the impression it was not recent.

I guess you haven't noticed my Avatar.

As for professional, most gunmen have illegal weapons that they were unable to practice with. Example, a utube video where a yout goes on a bus and blasts away at a guy sitting in the back, the gun empties and the typically cowardly gun man runs off.... leaving the intended victim to scratch his head and walk uninjured off the bus.

I have trained many new shooters, and there are not many that can hit a barn door without coaching. It is no where near as easy as it looks in the movies, or you might imagine.

My point of aim is instantly on target virtue of relentless training, guess who comes off worse.

Last edited by Expat (Dec 09, 2018 5:37 pm)

Offline

#6 Dec 09, 2018 5:33 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Talking to a guy that doesn't like guns

houston wrote:

Where are all the gun junkies when there is a mass shooting?
Do they curl up underneath a table with their self protection?
Has there ever been a gun junkie that stepped up to take out a crazed shooter?


The last one quite recently ended up being shot by the police.... after he stopped the shooter.

Offline

#7 Dec 09, 2018 9:15 pm

houston
Active

Re: Talking to a guy that doesn't like guns

Expats daily routine after he has finished feeding the chickens.

Offline

#8 Dec 09, 2018 9:22 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Talking to a guy that doesn't like guns

Better believe it.

Even my dogs coming up mustard.

She killed her first Mongoose today. Nobody and nothing messes with the Expat tribe.

A relaxing evening by the PC often involves YouTube vids about exiting things like how to choose the best muzzle brake. Or Miculek the fasted shooter in the World. O'l Clints got nuttin on him. You peacenics are so boring.  smile

Last edited by Expat (Dec 09, 2018 9:29 pm)

Offline

#9 Dec 09, 2018 9:52 pm

houston
Active

Re: Talking to a guy that doesn't like guns

Sorry for the lack of excitement.
What always entertains me is bitter Brits that can never get over the fact that thier arrogant asses were kicked back over the ocean.

Offline

#10 Dec 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Talking to a guy that doesn't like guns

houston wrote:

Sorry for the lack of excitement.
What always entertains me is bitter Brits that can never get over the fact that thier arrogant asses were kicked back over the ocean.

? Weird

PS. it's their

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB