You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 16, 2018 9:55 am

Expat
Active

Doctors are killing you

15000 people a month are killed every month by Medical Doctors treatment according to Journal of the American Medical  Association. Also American Dept of Health and Human Services.

Not dying because they had a terminal illness, but died as a result of treatment.

Most of the drugs you happily slug down your throat especially Tylenol and its equivalents are KILLING people.

I have a pretty strong belief that habitual use of pain killers 20 years ago buggered up my kidneys.... which had I not found non MD supplied information they would have killed me by now. The Doctors solution... take Blood Pressure Tablets... BAAAAAD.

They cannot even agree on a "correct" blood pressure level. It used to be 120 over 80. Now the committee has come in line with the German idea which it should be around 150 over 100.... or some very similar figure. Just imagine all these years people have been taking blood pressure tablets because a committee got it wrong.... maybe?.  Your blood pressure is adaptive, if you run a mile your pressure is up, if you sit in a chair your pressure goes down, if you lift 400lbs... if you can... smile  you might have a BP of 400 over 200.... its ADAPTIVE.  If its elevated, its because you are either doing something, or there is something wrong in your body and your pressure needs to go up to compensate. FIND the reason don't try and me more clever than your body.

#2 Dec 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Doctors are killing you

I think the interesting issue is, I read from Consumer Reports, that a number of folks die or are admitted  to hospitals because of the different, drugs that doctors prescribe.  Every Blood Pressure I take makes me sick; so, ah just stop taking them.  here is another thing, no matter what my BP at home is always lower than the docs office.

But Expat wha we go do, we must take the medications.  The drug industry is the biggest Lobbying group in America.

Kinda very interesting, my PB was never ever elevated, while ah was in Grenada.

#3 Dec 16, 2018 10:51 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

I think the interesting issue is, I read from Consumer Reports, that a number of folks die or are admitted  to hospitals because of the different, drugs that doctors prescribe.  Every Blood Pressure I take makes me sick; so, ah just stop taking them.  here is another thing, no matter what my BP at home is always lower than the docs office.

But Expat wha we go do, we must take the medications.  The drug industry is the biggest Lobbying group in America.

Kinda very interesting, my PB was never ever elevated, while ah was in Grenada.

Dude, there is no one size fits all blood pressure. We are ALL individuals, my Kidneys may be crap, but much of the rest of me is OK, whereas your kidneys may be fine, but you could have a low blood count or some other reason why the sensors in your neck say you are not getting enough oxygen around your body.... So your heart pumps harder to get oxygen to that hard lump on the top of your shoulders.

Your pressure goes up and down constantly otherwise you could never get an erection.... smile

White coat syndrome is common. Me I don't give a crap so I have had readings of 98 over 50 on one visit to the General Hospital.

The drug companies are in seventh heaven when you go on BP tablets and water tablets, they have customers for life, and they don't give a shit that they are fricking your liver and kidneys, and that you will die early as a result. There are a growing number of victims right behind you.

There are plenty of sources of "Alternative" health websites, but for goodness sake check out Dr John Bergman, he is a Chiropractic Doctor of many years standing, and there is a LOT of information about a LOT of illnesses and conditions. Heart disease, Stroke, headaches, Bunions, Issues with the pancreas, Gall Bladder, Kidneys, etc etc etc.

The cure for most of them is nearly always the same, although fine tuned to suite the condition. Usually it is a manipulation to help your spine, as the nervous system which interacts with every part of your body passes through it, and a mainly plant based diet. Meat fish etc is not off the menu, but Fruit and veggies will either heal, or prevent many conditions.

#4 Dec 17, 2018 12:19 am

New Historian
Active

A lifelong friend of mine, Dave, has been a lifelong addict; going through various cycles of different drugs du jour, interspersed with periods of sobriety, sweet relief for the rest of us. In the early days it was "horse": heroin, and we saw him go cold turkey - many times. For 20 years he was sober and we thought he'd beaten his demons, then he found the worst friend of every addict: a willing doctor. Dave manufactured some "chronic pain" and the doctor was only too willing to prescribe the painkiller Dave asked for: Tramadol. As my doctor friend Doc says: this modern synthetic stuff is 10 times stronger than the street drugs of old, and I saw that myself.

Two years later and Dave's addicted to his doctor prescribed opioid, and withdrawal from that is 10 times worse than from heroin! One near-death experience and 12 days in hospital later and he's, on the road to rehab again. Supposedly. But if he turns off the yellow brick road to sobriety what he needs! again, his friendly neighbourhood doctor is right there, to prescribe him just

#5 Dec 17, 2018 11:13 am

Real Distwalker
Active

NH, I have known a person or two who have taken that same path.  I am terrified of those drugs.  Not because I would try them.  I would not.... unless I was in extreme pain.  If the pain is bad enough, any of us could become a coward.

#6 Dec 17, 2018 10:52 pm

Expat
Active

Real pain, sure short term relief outweighs the damage the tablets do, but a headache or muscle spasm, as in sore backs etc   there are other methods which will do less harm. Sometimes just a simple hot water bottle can do the goods.

#7 Dec 18, 2018 9:37 am

Slice
Active

Expat ah wanna know if ah read you correct, you mention in one of post, that the standard Blood Pressure reading in Europe is 150 over something.  My questions to you is, why the different range?  Do the drug companies in Europe, have the same influence, as they do in America?

If me BP get to 150, ah immediately start to panic, but according to Europe, nothing to panic about.

#8 Dec 18, 2018 6:14 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Expat ah wanna know if ah read you correct, you mention in one of post, that the standard Blood Pressure reading in Europe is 150 over something.  My questions to you is, why the different range?  Do the drug companies in Europe, have the same influence, as they do in America?

If me BP get to 150, ah immediately start to panic, but according to Europe, nothing to panic about.

I believe Germany in particular has had that kind of figure for a long time, I am not too sure about the UK, I think but don't know that they still run on 120/80

But although it might not yet be accepted universally in America I believe your 8th committee has gone for the 150 something as being normal now as well.... meaning drug companies have been making billions for the past God knows how long on the whim of a committee.

It depends what you are doing when your pressure reads 150, if you are in bed first thing in the morning, then maybe that is elevated, if it is last thing at night and you are thumbing through old copies of Men Only it might be ok.

I just took mine and it was 120/74, but has been up to 140/90, and down to 95/50. Your BP is adaptive.

BP is not normally taken the correct way anyway. You should sit quietly for about 10 minutes diaphragm breathing to get a good oxygen circulation, then take the reading. Breathing correctly using your diaphragm instead of just your rib cage will bring your pressure down anyway.

Just as checking for diabetes... for the longest time it was 115 I think it was was the cut off for pre diabetes, now it is 100, so people that were deemed to be OK, are now pre-diabetic. My wife fell into that category, and funny I had been telling her she was pre-diabetic for about 10 years with one of her symptoms, and the doctors kept on saying no she was fine.... and now....... I have bullied her into eating more vegetables, and less heavy root starches, no bread, and little or no rice, and her reading is in the none diabetic zone now. Dr Expat rules... OK.

Last edited by Expat (Dec 18, 2018 6:16 pm)

#9 Dec 19, 2018 10:57 am

Vanni
Active

The thing is, lots of people do not either know better, or search for better. And notice: not just ignoring and doing nothing, because whenever we are having a health issue, it is a call from a part of us requiring our attention in any case, and for us to take a proactive path toward healing.

Some chemistry is godsent in situations of crises, like emergency lifesaving. Some other chemistry may be necessary to support and allow for prolonging a life or finding a path back to life. But in many cases, too much chemistry tends to be getting prescribed too quickly, and too permanently.

We are heading toward direct energy healing, which will allow for medicinal chemistry, the present intermediate to triggering energy responses, to become less and less necessary to probable disappearance.

My Mom, who is 91, has since long been prescribed blood pressure dropping medication. She opted to not take it, and is taking a different approach. We have neighbour friends who have been prescribed similar stuff, who are taking it, and who, while they initially were very vital are ending up very diminished, on crutches for one of them, because of loss of balance and dizziness, among others. So, we notice the difference.

Not to mention sometimes useless or even damaging surgery.

All of this is calling for us to learn to think again.

In the meantime, our doctor has prescribed Mom some plant based medication, and until now, it helps enough for her to be fine.

Adding to that, that as much Mom, as myself, have been practicing since her thirties for Mom, and since my early teenage for me - call it Yoga, or QiGong, or Taichi or others - some disciplines where we develop awareness of our spiritual as well as of our energy body, stay supple, and radiate and infuse our ever-vital, ever-healthy, ageless and ever-youthful spirit into our body, which has become an automatic practice, without need for any effort or even without need for even thinking of doing it - through practice it's become natural. Not least with a not-so-stern-nor-sectarian vitality-improving diet.

And in situations of need whenever a health issue strikes, we know what to practice and how to practice it - not least some yoga breathing exercises teamed up with more consciously and intensely practicing the above described - and it invariably brings either support or even full healing.

And, while age still takes its toll, it has kept us more vital and young looking than many of our own age.

Oh, I am staying humble: I know of feeling sometimes totally overwhelmed, so I can relate to anyone feeling like that. But yes, there is a lot we can do from our own selves, so much more than we are usually informed that we can!

Last edited by Vanni (Dec 19, 2018 1:20 pm)

#10 Dec 19, 2018 8:45 pm

houston
Active

Interesting comments that all offer good advice on the importance of health.
I'd like to thank Dr. Expat for introducing Dr. Bergman and his catalogue of sensible doctoring for a wide assortment of ailments.
I've since weaned off of that daily BP pill that caused me to have to get up for a piddle several times a night.
I like my doctor, very caring person that genuinely believes he is helping his patient but way to eager to prescribe fixit pills. He's not going to be happy with me when I tell him that I get better advice on a Caribbean talkshop.

Board footer