You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 18, 2018 9:55 am

Slice
Active

FACEBOOK AND TWITTER AND ALSO INSTRAGRAM

Leh me admit, me son sign me up FB, and I am still on there.  Here is one of me questions, why do so many folks like FB?  Leh me give an example, why ah doh get the love for FB.  I know this young lady very, very well, she is on FB almost daily, she preaches ah kinda Christian, Ms. Goody Two shoes and if you look at her posting on Facebook, you would tink she is really ah saint, but in real life, she is ah She Devil.  That woman is the picture of Evil.

Now we are learning that FB had ah hand in electing Trump.  We also learn, that your data most likely are compromise, if you do Personal stuff on FB. Ah wonder how many DUMB Black Americans stayed at home and not vote, because of what they saw on FB?

Look ah bunch of me family and friends are on FB, I ent condemning no one, but I just tink  folks should tink long and hard, before they seek the world wide attention of FB.

Here is one thing ah like bout FB, Me God child is ah Big time researcher someway in PA, and sometimes he post some really interesting stuff, about our health on there.  I trust it because I know the author.

#2 Dec 18, 2018 1:26 pm

Webmaster
Administrator

Re: FACEBOOK AND TWITTER AND ALSO INSTRAGRAM

Unlike the large social media sites, the Spiceislander Talkshop does not track you, does not collect information about you and does not subject you to advertisements.  The privacy policy for this site is simple. We don’t collect, save or share any of your personal information. Period.

#3 Dec 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Leh me admit, me son sign me up FB, and I am still on there.  Here is one of me questions, why do so many folks like FB?  Leh me give an example, why ah doh get the love for FB.  I know this young lady very, very well, she is on FB almost daily, she preaches ah kinda Christian, Ms. Goody Two shoes and if you look at her posting on Facebook, you would tink she is really ah saint, but in real life, she is ah She Devil.  That woman is the picture of Evil.

Now we are learning that FB had ah hand in electing Trump.  We also learn, that your data most likely are compromise, if you do Personal stuff on FB. Ah wonder how many DUMB Black Americans stayed at home and not vote, because of what they saw on FB?

Look ah bunch of me family and friends are on FB, I ent condemning no one, but I just tink  folks should tink long and hard, before they seek the world wide attention of FB.

Here is one thing ah like bout FB, Me God child is ah Big time researcher someway in PA, and sometimes he post some really interesting stuff, about our health on there.  I trust it because I know the author.

I have a family member involved in things we don't want to know about. The Government made family take down their pages period.

#4 Dec 19, 2018 9:46 am

Slice
Active

Now the NAACP has returned their donations and are asking their folks to boycott  FB.

#5 Dec 19, 2018 10:33 am

Vanni
Active

I would not compare this space to FB. I visit FB less often than Spiceislandertalkshop. Besides the above mentioned, which made me choose utter discretion so as to not give an opportunity to prey on me, and while despite that, I appreciate certain features on FB, I am finding myself overflowed by too much to read in a day - nice things, from nice people, but I cannot manage it to keep up without giving more of my time than I wish to.

Also, FB implies getting to know more intimately anyone we wish to communicate with. It does not allow for communication and for keeping a certain degree of intimacy, should we prefer this option.

Then comes a couple of features I never liked and never will like: this endless page thingie, where, whenever you think ... phew I just reached bot... too late! next part has already uploaded! Not to mention the cheap thumbsup-thumbsdown thingie (as previously mentioned, if there is anything we do not agree about, let us be constructive and respectfully express it, rather than, for some, to get their daily fix of thumbsdowns, just for the sake of feeling ALMIGHTYYYYYYYYY! hmm ) Thumbsup-thumbsdown which makes me feel like we're in the circus games.

So amidst the very nice and interesting FB sharings, for which I am grateful, here, we can select what we read, and ... we can be a bit more concise in what we communicate roll tongue big_smile

Last edited by Vanni (Dec 19, 2018 10:36 am)

Board footer