You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 22, 2018 11:30 pm

houston
Active

Watch a hockey game

The speed of the game is amazing. Those young skaters get more and more fast.

#2 Dec 23, 2018 10:35 am

Slice
Active

Re: Watch a hockey game

you spend too much damn time in Canada.  Ah Spiceman and is ah hockey fan.  Bonjay!  Doh feel bad doh, I love me Washington Capitals.  Apart from cricket the NFL and the Washington Redskins is me ting.  Ent going ah place once the Skins are playing.  Wiffee knows better than disturb me when the Skins are playing.

Last edited by Slice (Dec 23, 2018 10:35 am)

#3 Dec 23, 2018 8:21 pm

houston
Active

Ovie finally brought the cup to Washington...good on em. An amazing hockey player, solid as tree stump yet fast and flashy. The large man can put the puck in the net with the blink of an eye.
What bothers me is the cup traveling to Russia and put into the hands of Putin. I'm surprised that the Stanley Cup didn't disappear in Russia.

#4 Dec 23, 2018 8:55 pm

houston
Active

What turns me off about hockey is that it has become such an expensive sport to play. There are some stories of immigrant kids taking up the sport but most hockey parents need to have a pretty good income to have their kid or kids involved in hockey these days. The parents that do, all seem to think that their kid is going to make the NHL....slim chance that is.
No more  $20 wooden sticks, they are composite graphite or whatever at more than  $100 a pop. Skate sharpening once a week can be $20 and the latest and greatest is to have skates customized to fit your foot at about $2,000 per mold.
Ice time, referees that now charge a fee. The costs are unbelievable.
Long gone are the days of a kid learning to become a professional hockey player on his backyard rink or the local frozen pond.

#5 Dec 24, 2018 10:03 am

Slice
Active

You real funny. What interest me is how ah Grenadian, become so damn interesting in ah Whiteman sport?  Reminds me yesterday ah had ah bunch ah visitors from outa town visiting, then after hours and hours of Soca Parang, ah decided to change the tone of the music, so ah started playing some Box Car Willie, some Charlie Pride and Jim Reeves.  They all look at me as if ah gone loco. Always great to keep an Open mind.

Board footer