You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Dec 26, 2018 2:36 pm

Calypso
Active

Blacks Should Protect Sag Harbor from White-Control

https://yondernews.com/2018/09/22/white … al-shifts/

Claude Mckay wrote his famous poem, If We Must Die, after the Red Summer of 1919. In Chicago, as well as in other places in America, people of Afro-Americans could not use the same beaches as their white counterparts.  A black youth accidently was carried by waves into the part of the beach designated for whites. As a result, he was murdered  with over 200 blacks during the riots of 1919.

Sag Harbor, like Oak Bluff are black beach enclaves. They served as a refuge for blacks who love seaside life during the summer. Now whites are taking it over because they are letting them in. They must fight back to preserve this neighborhood that their ancestors fought to protect for the black generations that came after them.

#2 Dec 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Blacks Should Protect Sag Harbor from White-Control

Calypso wrote:

Claude Mckay wrote his famous poem, If We Must Die, after the Red Summer of 1919. In Chicago, as well as in other places in America, people of Afro-Americans could not use the same beaches as their white counterparts.  A black youth accidently was carried by waves into the part of the beach designated for whites. As a result, he was murdered  with over 200 blacks during the riots of 1919.

Sag Harbor, like Oak Bluff are black beach enclaves. They served as a refuge for blacks who love seaside life during the summer. Now whites are taking it over because they are letting them in. They must fight back to preserve this neighborhood that their ancestors fought to protect for the black generations that came after them.

How sad, Blacks are no different from Whites. From a quick reading, the origins are as a result of a stupid racist mentality from the Whites, NOW when slowly but surely better integration is taking place the blacks want to hold onto their little enclave, which doesn't sound any different to the Whites not wanting Blacks in their back yard. While house prices may increase as opportunistic people.... NOT whites, just people with money, and foresight.... Those Blacks that stay in the area will all benefit from the artificial increase in value. Let wealthy Blacks take over the challenge or Whites, speculation is not a colour defined word, at the end of the day what is being proposed is apartheid, and I fought long and hard to end that.

#3 Dec 27, 2018 6:12 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

How sad, Blacks are no different from Whites. From a quick reading, the origins are as a result of a stupid racist mentality from the Whites, NOW when slowly but surely better integration is taking place the blacks want to hold onto their little enclave, which doesn't sound any different to the Whites not wanting Blacks in their back yard. While house prices may increase as opportunistic people.... NOT whites, just people with money, and foresight.... Those Blacks that stay in the area will all benefit from the artificial increase in value. Let wealthy Blacks take over the challenge or Whites, speculation is not a colour defined word, at the end of the day what is being proposed is apartheid, and I fought long and hard to end that.

Once again strains of your lame arguments have ignored the fact that whites put themselves first and want everthing that is good for only them! Merry Christmas, you punk!!

#4 Dec 27, 2018 12:25 pm

New Historian
Active

Merry Christmas, you punk!!

Great to have you back Calypso, with your understated use of the written word!

#5 Dec 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Once again strains of your lame arguments have ignored the fact that whites put themselves first and want everthing that is good for only them! Merry Christmas, you punk!!

It is sad that you only seem to have the perspective of poor underprivileged blacks instead of those that have either advanced themselves, or come from families that made it, and do not have quite such a big chip on their shoulder.

#6 Dec 28, 2018 9:08 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

It is sad that you only seem to have the perspective of poor underprivileged blacks instead of those that have either advanced themselves, or come from families that made it, and do not have quite such a big chip on their shoulder.

There are too much underprivileged blacks while there are so many middle-class whites. You take the resources for yourselves. I am not for the underdog but you are very selfish and greedy group of people. Full stop.

#7 Dec 28, 2018 9:42 am

Slice
Active

Calypso wrote:

Money talks and BULLSHITT walks.  Americans are greedy.  Whites are the ones with the monies, and when ah reasonable offer is made blacks will grab it.

Ah Grenadian living in England once told me, that the reason why there are so many Grenadians were returning to Greenz, was that when they migrated to England, the places where they were allowed to reside, was the areas, that white English folks that did not want.  Then things change and the properities went up.  They made ah killing and sold and went back to the West Indies..

#8 Dec 28, 2018 9:50 am

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

There are too much underprivileged blacks while there are so many middle-class whites. You take the resources for yourselves. I am not for the underdog but you are very selfish and greedy group of people. Full stop.

Then you go to Africa to countries that are Black, and have been independent for a long time, and Black people are doing the same shit to Black people, ie, being opportunistic.... it has shit all to do with race or colour, it is mankind's acquisitive nature. All you are doing is playing the unprivileged race card.

I just watched an animal series called Dynasty, this last program covered Chimpanzee. The power struggles, the politics, were all just less complicated versions of what we humans do now. Man up and carve you own niche instead of whinging because other people used what was between their ears first.

We probably have a wide spectrum of individuals on this board, some of whom are not white, yet are far better placed economically than I am. Am I bleating that life didn't give me a full deck of cards. No, I stand and fall on my own abilities. Parts of my family historically were very well placed, Governors, Military elite etc, but none of that filtered down to me. My direct family was at ground zero, and everything I have modestly achieved has been off my own efforts. Probably one of our wealthier contributors RD states clearly that he came from a poor background, educated himself, and has thrived due to his own skill sets.

While racism has and to a certain extent continues to negatively affect Black people in "White" countries... although America is soon to be mainly brown, whether you want to blame Black family patterns on slavery, you cannot blame get rich quick screw my community I am going to get rich drug dealing on it. That is definitely what you have done, and are doing to yourselves. A harder option would be getting educated, and pulling yourself out of the mire.

All the shit you want to throw at Europeans, were part of African heredity too, unfortunately for the Africans the Europeans came at a time when THEY were stronger, otherwise the story could have been reversed. Mankind came out of Africa at least twice, it could have happened again but as an aggressor rather than as an explorer. Currently they are coming out as economic migrants.

Last edited by Expat (Dec 28, 2018 12:16 pm)

#9 Dec 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Money talks and BULLSHITT walks.  Americans are greedy.  Whites are the ones with the monies, and when ah reasonable offer is made blacks will grab it.

Ah Grenadian living in England once told me, that the reason why there are so many Grenadians were returning to Greenz, was that when they migrated to England, the places where they were allowed to reside, was the areas, that white English folks that did not want.  Then things change and the properities went up.  They made ah killing and sold and went back to the West Indies..

No Those places where the black immigrants lived have gone up so much in price that they can't afford to live there anymore. Their only option is to sell and move back to their countries. At least we have countries with nice beaches and friendly, warm neighbors. We must instill higher education into our children so that they can compete successfully with whites. Sure we have to fight our way through but at least we'll have the educational background to do so.

#10 Dec 28, 2018 12:25 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:

There is a fair amount of truth in that, also those West Indians for once pulled together, and bought houses like it was a housing sous sous, so at the end everybody got a house. Additionally they were not so much buying houses nobody wanted, they were directed to run down areas when they arrived. Those that followed would end up going where there people were already at, and so a largely black areas were born. Brixton being one of the better known ones.

Because of this low cost buying method they were actually better fixed to buy property than me.

A couple of the people I know had sod off great town houses I could never have dreamed of buying, and they were just regular folks like bus conductors, and a jobbing handy man come to mind.

Board footer