You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Dec 28, 2018 12:47 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: Blacks Should Protect Sag Harbor from White-Control

Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:

https://yondernews.com/2018/09/22/white … al-shifts/

Claude Mckay wrote his famous poem, If We Must Die, after the Red Summer of 1919. In Chicago, as well as in other places in America, people of Afro-Americans could not use the same beaches as their white counterparts.  A black youth accidently was carried by waves into the part of the beach designated for whites. As a result, he was murdered  with over 200 blacks during the riots of 1919.

Sag Harbor, like Oak Bluff are black beach enclaves. They served as a refuge for blacks who love seaside life during the summer. Now whites are taking it over because they are letting them in. They must fight back to preserve this neighborhood that their ancestors fought to protect for the black generations that came after them.

Money talks and BULLSHITT walks.  Americans are greedy.  Whites are the ones with the monies, and when ah reasonable offer is made blacks will grab it.

Ah Grenadian living in England once told me, that the reason why there are so many Grenadians were returning to Greenz, was that when they migrated to England, the places where they were allowed to reside, was the areas, that white English folks that did not want.  Then things change and the properities went up.  They made ah killing and sold and went back to the West Indies..

There is a fair amount of truth in that, also those West Indians for once pulled together, and bought houses like it was a housing sous sous, so at the end everybody got a house. Additionally they were not so much buying houses nobody wanted, they were directed to run down areas when they arrived. Those that followed would end up going where there people were already at, and so a largely black areas were born. Brixton being one of the better known ones.

Because of this low cost buying method they were actually better fixed to buy property than me.

A couple of the people I know had sod off great town houses I could never have dreamed of buying, and they were just regular folks like bus conductors, and a jobbing handy man come to mind.

In America those black areas are called "Black Belts" and they serve as a protector against racism. I HATE THEM!! Usually they are not as posh as white neighborhoods. Schools usually are horrible because of the poor structure of the black family. Right now I am teaching six grade and many of the students are fist generation Americans from Caribbean parentage. They are horrible and low performing. The white ones are much stronger but also they are from middle-class backgrounds. I love the fact that the two races get along and the white children always do their work, except for a few naughty white males but, strangely, they are very bright but problematic. Statistics show that blacks are much poorer now and the quality of our children are not good.

#12 Dec 28, 2018 4:38 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:

Money talks and BULLSHITT walks.  Americans are greedy.  Whites are the ones with the monies, and when ah reasonable offer is made blacks will grab it.

Ah Grenadian living in England once told me, that the reason why there are so many Grenadians were returning to Greenz, was that when they migrated to England, the places where they were allowed to reside, was the areas, that white English folks that did not want.  Then things change and the properities went up.  They made ah killing and sold and went back to the West Indies..

There is a fair amount of truth in that, also those West Indians for once pulled together, and bought houses like it was a housing sous sous, so at the end everybody got a house. Additionally they were not so much buying houses nobody wanted, they were directed to run down areas when they arrived. Those that followed would end up going where there people were already at, and so a largely black areas were born. Brixton being one of the better known ones.

Because of this low cost buying method they were actually better fixed to buy property than me.

A couple of the people I know had sod off great town houses I could never have dreamed of buying, and they were just regular folks like bus conductors, and a jobbing handy man come to mind.

In America those black areas are called "Black Belts" and they serve as a protector against racism. I HATE THEM!! Usually they are not as posh as white neighborhoods. Schools usually are horrible because of the poor structure of the black family. Right now I am teaching six grade and many of the students are fist generation Americans from Caribbean parentage. They are horrible and low performing. The white ones are much stronger but also they are from middle-class backgrounds. I love the fact that the two races get along and the white children always do their work, except for a few naughty white males but, strangely, they are very bright but problematic. Statistics show that blacks are much poorer now and the quality of our children are not good.

Probably the first generation Caribbean kids are suffering from entitlement syndrome. they were born there so they feel entitled, but are not prepared to work. Whereas their forefathers knew what they left behind and were prepared to work their backsides off for their family to thrive in the new country. It's not exclusive to Caribbean kids or America, but somehow the Asians having the tighter families get a higher percentage to avoid being dropouts.

#13 Dec 28, 2018 5:11 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

Probably the first generation Caribbean kids are suffering from entitlement syndrome. they were born there so they feel entitled, but are not prepared to work. Whereas their forefathers knew what they left behind and were prepared to work their backsides off for their family to thrive in the new country. It's not exclusive to Caribbean kids or America, but somehow the Asians having the tighter families get a higher percentage to avoid being dropouts.

Talking about Asians. Many Ivy League colleges in America now are experiencing lawsuits from Asian families for not accepting their qualified youths. I am happy that they have stopped be so frigging docile and have begun to stand up for themselves. Blacks cannot compete academically with the whites. They are not from the best of families but Asians are the ONLY minority group who can. As you can clearly see how the whites feel entitled. Asians have to score HIGHER on standardized exams to get into the best colleges. Let's put blacks in the same position as Asian. They would have gone through the same thing. I tell my best black students to strive for the best and push your way into white America. Failure is not a good thing. Use all opportunities to build yourself.

#14 Dec 28, 2018 7:32 pm

houston
Active

Calypso, is it acceptable for your school board to have a biased teacher as head of the class room?

#15 Dec 28, 2018 7:34 pm

Calypso
Active

houston wrote:

Calypso, is it acceptable for your school board to have a biased teacher as head of the class room?

Bugger off!!

#16 Dec 29, 2018 8:48 am

Slice
Active

All I am going to say is, you should not always blame another race for one race failure.  Everything should not be racism.  It is more than time, that black folks take responsibility for their actions.  I ent saying that racism is not alive and kicking, but what I am saying is Black folks can and should do better.

#17 Dec 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

All I am going to say is, you should not always blame another race for one race failure.  Everything should not be racism.  It is more than time, that black folks take responsibility for their actions.  I ent saying that racism is not alive and kicking, but what I am saying is Black folks can and should do better.

I say that too.

#18 Dec 30, 2018 9:09 am

Expat
Active

Like everyone is on the same page after all.

Peace reigned and everybody got wet...  smile

#19 Dec 30, 2018 2:14 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

Like everyone is on the same page after all.

Peace reigned and everybody got wet...  smile

Happy New Year. See you in Cornwall.

#20 Dec 30, 2018 2:24 pm

Expat
Active

Sorry, but dat place too damn cole. I keepin me backside in Greenz.

I may run from centrally heated house to, centrally heated house in May, but it aint a trip, I am going to enjoy.

Board footer