You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jan 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Expat
Active

Don't take chickens for granted

The little buggers can peck HARD, I really should wear gloves when I pick eggs, as they give nasty nips which often make bumps on the back of the hand that take months to get rid of.

But worse yet Monday I was cleaning out one of the coupes, wearing contact lenses, and a combination of a gust of wind plus me sweeping probably got some Cacka Poulle dust in my eye. I didn't really feel it, maybe it landed on the lens itself, but after a while it became uncomfortable, and later I decided to take the lenses out, but seemingly not quick enough, as I had a horrible infection over night, and not thinking the A&E would be set up to deal with eyes I endured the misery until the morning.

I ended up in the Hospital eye clinic Tuesday a.m., and while the queuing system is crap, and there was nearly blood letting as people tussled for their correct position in the queue, and the formulaic examination every time you go there is tedious and pretty pointless, the observation and treatment from the Dr has been great. So that The inflammation, discharge etc has all but gone, additional drops to reduce the swelling in the eye seem to be working, and I hope my next visit on Monday will be to tell me to never darken their doors again..... smile

#2 Jan 19, 2019 6:59 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Don't take chickens for granted

Ouch! Glad to hear the treatment, when you finally got it, was great. Good luck mate!

#3 Jan 20, 2019 11:13 am

Slice
Active

First, where is the Eye Hospital?  Boy you sure is Chicken Sheet, that cause that infection?  You tough, but not dat tough.  You complaining about ah little Chicken peck?  Be manly and take that peck like ah Real homeboy.

#4 Jan 20, 2019 6:39 pm

Expat
Active

Read and inwardly digest....   smile

I wrote Hospital eye clinic, not eye hospital.

Do pay attention that boy at the back of the class..... LoL

Considering I was sweeping dust mainly consisting of dried chicken shit I would tend to think it was a microbial infection in the eye from pathogens off the chicken shit... One very sore eye which was very light sensitive, inflamed, red, and swollen giving off yucky cacka jay.... nah, I wasn't that tough at all.

Don't underestimate a serious chicken. When they grab the back of your hand make a bite, and then wring the skin it bloody hurts. I aint talkin about a casual peck or lash from a miffed hen... some of these birds are badass.

Last edited by Expat (Jan 20, 2019 6:43 pm)

Board footer