You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jan 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Expat
Active

Disappointed with Otway Bailey

An old friend Valerie Mathurine-Moise sadley departed in New York who is due to be churched on the 24th at 2pm in Grand Anse still has funeral arrangements pending on the Otway Bailey Obituaries site. If THEY don't know the arrangements how do they expect anyone else to know.

#2 Jan 22, 2019 10:35 am

Slice
Active

Re: Disappointed with Otway Bailey

Ent Otway Baily one of the success business stories in Grenada?  One of the things I did in Greenz was watch Death announcement, and ah was shock to see the amount of business Otway Baily was getting; after all, that business was dominated by Laqua for ah long, long time.

I asked why are Otway Baily  doing so well?  There was no clear cut answer, but they all admitted Otway Baily was now getting more than more 50% of the market.  My take, ah just think the son or children are very down to earth and have the pulse on the Grenadian people.

The Lagua brothers are kinda high on their horses.  Not the same for the Otway family. 

I attended one of Baily's funeral and ah was shocked to see the owner ask the grieving family, if they would like to go to the nearest Rum shop and have ah few drinks?

Expat, apart from your complain, please tell why the success of Otway Baily?

#3 Jan 22, 2019 12:27 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Ent Otway Baily one of the success business stories in Grenada?  One of the things I did in Greenz was watch Death announcement, and ah was shock to see the amount of business Otway Baily was getting; after all, that business was dominated by Laqua for ah long, long time.

I asked why are Otway Baily  doing so well?  There was no clear cut answer, but they all admitted Otway Baily was now getting more than more 50% of the market.  My take, ah just think the son or children are very down to earth and have the pulse on the Grenadian people.

The Lagua brothers are kinda high on their horses.  Not the same for the Otway family. 

I attended one of Baily's funeral and ah was shocked to see the owner ask the grieving family, if they would like to go to the nearest Rum shop and have ah few drinks?

Expat, apart from your complain, please tell why the success of Otway Baily?

I am pleased to report that Otway Bailey responded to my Web page comment I sent them yesterday, apologising, and that the Obituary now has the funeral details. Whilst this is encouraging, it was still an abysmal failure.

As for your query regarding their success... Firstly I am not so sure their take of the market is so great, as when I watch (very rarely) the death news I still see more LaQua than OB announcements.

The next cause for criticism was with the last funeral I attended on Grenville side with Wayne as the funeral Director. He strode up and down ignoring people, and the wife was totally inappropriately dressed, I thought she was going to a party.

Otways are growing...

https://www.facebook.com/mtvnewsgd/vide … 526070074/

#4 Jan 27, 2019 7:15 pm

Expat
Active

Just to report, the funeral went off fine, how many of the arrangements.... choir, backing group, pan man, multiplicity of priests etc was down to the director or the family I don't know, but it was a pretty good turn out for someone from Carriacou who lived in the States for years.

Board footer